This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Graveyard Shift!

Gather round, ladies and gents; it's already too late to leave, for now 'tis time for

Taaaaales of the Graaaaaveyaaaaard Shiiiiift!

(Do mind, this is my first post, and my stories are rather short, since, after all, this is graveyard at a dinky little service station, not happy hour at the Ritz.)

Tale the first!
    Dramatis personae:
    Myself, freakishly tall, freakishly large, funny hair, the works.
    The man I dubbed Dudley, barely five and a half feet, almost as wide as he is tall, balding, and grumpy.

Myself, happily running his register: "Will that be all for you, sir? Would you like a bag?"
    Dudley: "Nah, I'll carry it out mys-WHAT THE ****!?"
    Me: "Is there a problem, sir?"
    Dudley, slowly turning into a grape popsicle with rage: "YOU BET YOUR SKINNY WHITE *** THERE'S A PROBLEM! LOOK AT THIS ****ING SIGN!"
    Me, utterly confused: "Yes, sir, we have a sale on milk.. One and a half litres for $3.49.. Does that cause you to take umbrage?"
    Dudley: "LOOK AT THE ****ING FINE PRINT! YOU'RE CHARGING HOMOSEXUALS TEN CENTS EXTRA FOR THEIR GOD **** ****ING MILK!? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW MY SON IS GAY AND I SUPPORT HIM 110%, I WILL /NOT/ STAND FOR THIS!"
    Me, catching on: "Uh.. No, sir. See. That's for /homogenized/ milk.. See.. They blend the milk fat particles down into such tiny pieces that they won't separate, and that takes time and effort, that's why it costs extra. Personally, I have nothing against gays, and I certainly would not work at a place that practiced such bigotry. And besides, how would we know? Would we ask them to prove it?"
    Dudley, walking away shamefaced and leaving some $5 change on the counter: "..Shut up."
    Me: "Sweet, lunch money."

Tale the second!
    Dramatis Personae
    Myself, again, tall, built, cheerful. I think I had a daisy in my hair that day.
    Keno Man, sightly shorter, slightly wider than myself. No hair.
    Manager. He manages. Sometimes. ..Not usually.

KM, handing me a sheaf of about six or seven Keno tickets, each with numbers carefully and lovingly checked off: "Run these tickets four times each for me."
    Me: "Sir, wouldn't it be faster if you simply raised the bet to four dollars on each number, instead of running the same ticket four times?"
    KM: "Shut up, kid. They don't pay you to think, they pay you to do whatever the ****ing crap I tell you to do, and I'm telling you to RUN MY GOD **** TICKETS!"
    Me, inaudibly under my breath as I turn to the lottery machine: "Yessir, a million tickets coming now sir."
    Minutes later, as the lines build to insane lengths, the customers all glaring at me, I finally finish.
    KM, digging through his sheaf: "I SAID FOUR ****ING TIMES EACH! FOUR! THIS ONE GOT THREE AND THIS ONE GOT FIVE! I WANT, NO, I ****ING DEMAND THESE FOR FREE, AND I WANT THIS ONE TO GO ONE MORE TIME!"
    Manager, sticking his head out from the back: "Okay. You. You have your tickets. Pay. Get out. Now. Shoo."
    KM, grabs his change and leaves: "See if I come back here ever God **** again.."
    (Note: Back the next day, and the next, and the next.. Every single time, to my register, even when the other is open. I swear he wants me to make a mistake)

Tale the third!
    Dramatis Personae
    Myself, in my new, ill-fitting uniform.
    Moron kid, 16 years of age. Thinks he's black.

MK: "Oy. Register jocky. Fashion reject. Pay me some attention, yo?"
    Me, heaving a silent sigh: "Yessir, what can I do for you, sir?"
    MK: "You can get me some rummy Prime Times (cigars, for the uneducated), stat, homes."
    Me: "Yessir.. ID, sir?"
    MK: "What? ID? You don't believe I'm 27? So ****ing wack, I ain't showing you nothing.
    Me: "Then I'm afraid these have to go back, sir. My apologies."
    MK, digging out his wallet: "Fine, homes, fine. Here."
    Me, reading the ID, seeing a 1991 birthdate: "Sir.. This isn't a valid ID."
    MK, does, of all things, a Jedi hand wave: "This /be/ a valid ID."
    Me, glassy-eyed slightly cross-eyed stare: "This is a valid ID.."
    MK: "Really, yo?"
    Me: "Crap no. Get out of my freaking store before I call the police, 'homes'."
    MK books it.
    Me, to coworker: "And that, m'dear, is called a pwnt."

I do hope you enjoyed this, and more comes as it comes! :P

Eeek, the font ... THE FONT!

Reposted in Read-o-Vision for us old folks:

Gather round, ladies and gents; it's already too late to leave, for now 'tis time for

Taaaaales of the Graaaaaveyaaaaard Shiiiiift!

(Do mind, this is my first post, and my stories are rather short, since, after all, this is graveyard at a dinky little service station, not happy hour at the Ritz.)

Tale the first!
    Dramatis personae:
    Myself, freakishly tall, freakishly large, funny hair, the works.
    The man I dubbed Dudley, barely five and a half feet, almost as wide as he is tall, balding, and grumpy.

Myself, happily running his register: "Will that be all for you, sir? Would you like a bag?"
    Dudley: "Nah, I'll carry it out mys-WHAT THE ****!?"
    Me: "Is there a problem, sir?"
    Dudley, slowly turning into a grape popsicle with rage: "YOU BET YOUR SKINNY WHITE *** THERE'S A PROBLEM! LOOK AT THIS ****ING SIGN!"
    Me, utterly confused: "Yes, sir, we have a sale on milk.. One and a half litres for $3.49.. Does that cause you to take umbrage?"
    Dudley: "LOOK AT THE ****ING FINE PRINT! YOU'RE CHARGING HOMOSEXUALS TEN CENTS EXTRA FOR THEIR GOD **** ****ING MILK!? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW MY SON IS GAY AND I SUPPORT HIM 110%, I WILL /NOT/ STAND FOR THIS!"
    Me, catching on: "Uh.. No, sir. See. That's for /homogenized/ milk.. See.. They blend the milk fat particles down into such tiny pieces that they won't separate, and that takes time and effort, that's why it costs extra. Personally, I have nothing against gays, and I certainly would not work at a place that practiced such bigotry. And besides, how would we know? Would we ask them to prove it?"
    Dudley, walking away shamefaced and leaving some $5 change on the counter: "..Shut up."
    Me: "Sweet, lunch money."

Tale the second!
    Dramatis Personae
    Myself, again, tall, built, cheerful. I think I had a daisy in my hair that day.
    Keno Man, sightly shorter, slightly wider than myself. No hair.
    Manager. He manages. Sometimes. ..Not usually.

KM, handing me a sheaf of about six or seven Keno tickets, each with numbers carefully and lovingly checked off: "Run these tickets four times each for me."
    Me: "Sir, wouldn't it be faster if you simply raised the bet to four dollars on each number, instead of running the same ticket four times?"
    KM: "Shut up, kid. They don't pay you to think, they pay you to do whatever the ****ing crap I tell you to do, and I'm telling you to RUN MY GOD **** TICKETS!"
    Me, inaudibly under my breath as I turn to the lottery machine: "Yessir, a million tickets coming now sir."
    Minutes later, as the lines build to insane lengths, the customers all glaring at me, I finally finish.
    KM, digging through his sheaf: "I SAID FOUR ****ING TIMES EACH! FOUR! THIS ONE GOT THREE AND THIS ONE GOT FIVE! I WANT, NO, I ****ING DEMAND THESE FOR FREE, AND I WANT THIS ONE TO GO ONE MORE TIME!"
    Manager, sticking his head out from the back: "Okay. You. You have your tickets. Pay. Get out. Now. Shoo."
    KM, grabs his change and leaves: "See if I come back here ever God **** again.."
    (Note: Back the next day, and the next, and the next.. Every single time, to my register, even when the other is open. I swear he wants me to make a mistake)

Tale the third!
    Dramatis Personae
    Myself, in my new, ill-fitting uniform.
    Moron kid, 16 years of age. Thinks he's black.

MK: "Oy. Register jocky. Fashion reject. Pay me some attention, yo?"
    Me, heaving a silent sigh: "Yessir, what can I do for you, sir?"
    MK: "You can get me some rummy Prime Times (cigars, for the uneducated), stat, homes."
    Me: "Yessir.. ID, sir?"
    MK: "What? ID? You don't believe I'm 27? So ****ing wack, I ain't showing you nothing.
    Me: "Then I'm afraid these have to go back, sir. My apologies."
    MK, digging out his wallet: "Fine, homes, fine. Here."
    Me, reading the ID, seeing a 1991 birthdate: "Sir.. This isn't a valid ID."
    MK books it.

I do hope you enjoyed this, and more comes as it comes! :P
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I did see a sign once that said 'Homo. Milk' and I did a double take. I figured it out in about two seconds though. It's great that guys supports his son, too bad he's an asshole as well.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I did see a sign once that said 'Homo. Milk' and I did a double take. I figured it out in about two seconds though. It's great that guys supports his son, too bad he's an asshole as well.
        It's a pity he has such a huge chip on his shoulder though.

Comment

Quoth Pyrogoeth View Post
          That just cracked me up so very, very much.

And Pyrogoeth!
          "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Dude, I buy gay milk? Awesome.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Dude, I buy gay milk? Awesome.
              I'm left wondering precisely what orientation my soy milk is....

Comment

omg..... i was laughing at gay milks, pissed off at im not payed to think you are, and now jedi punk is making me giggle like crazy, tooo good

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                  Oh that's easy, someone steal gravekeeper's clothes to find out his milk's orientation. Also doubles up as a way to find out if the customer is or isn't gay.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    Trans? Or Non-trans (no trans fats...)

I'm more curious about chocolate milk.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I take it Half and Half is Bi?

Comment

MK books it.

That. Was. Awesome. Seriously.
                        "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Oh, dear.. I've spawned a whole conversation on the orientations of various milks. :P

For the record, 2% and 1% are totally getting it on in the cooler. >.> And what about ice creams..?

Comment

Indeed. Serious pwnage, it was.

Although, my personnal taste for using words for what they actually mean made me think that, surely, his ID was valid. Proving he was definitely underage for cigs, but still valid.

Sorry, I'm just over analyzing again.
                            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                              Indeed. Serious pwnage, it was.

Although, my personnal taste for using words for what they actually mean made me think that, surely, his ID was valid. Proving he was definitely underage for cigs, but still valid.

Sorry, I'm just over analyzing again.
                              I've known people who knew clerks where they had a deal set up. The clerk asked to see their ID and they would show their ID (showing they are underage) and get what they want. The clerk in question didn't care about the law...he was hooking his buds up with beer and cigs. The clerk would look at the ID for store camera purposes. He figured that way, if it came back on him, he could say "check the tape, I checked ID!"

So, maybe this guy thought if he showed his ID he'd get the cigs even though his ID wasn't valid.
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X