Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. paint me confused. Are you going into the priesthood, or just becoming a professor of religions? I have NO idea how that works and I really do want to know.

Sorry if I seem to be Fratching, that's not what I'm intending. If I am I do sincerely apologize. Just trying to be the devils advocate here. (pun sorta intended). While I distrust religious ORGANIZATIONS in general I don't have anything against religions themselves. Hard to hate something you know pretty much squat about!

As to the SC claiming all services should be free; there is no such thing as a free meal... and if it is free, be prepaired for unpleasant surprises. You get what you pay for!
    *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
    *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Yes, I'm going into the ministry. My Church believes strongly in the ministers being very educated. It's hard to read all the new books and papers when you're preaching, giving council, and all that other stuff. So you can get time off to study.

Does that answer that question>
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

So you have to get a post-secondary education for your ministry? Or do you have a specialized school for that first, then go into a post secondary graduate studies?

There was a bible college next to the University I went to, but I never had time to ask anyone about it.

He he he... must be fun dealing with your SC's. You can tell them they're going to hell... and mean it!
        *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
        *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          I thought I could smell a thread descending into Fratching...

Desist, please.

Rapscallion
          Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          And arguments and debates are for FRATCHING. NOT CS.

Let's get this back on track and keep it to just the guy in the OP. Or else this thread will be closed.
          This was posted by the owner and a moderator. And yet:

Quoth Leopardmadcat View Post
          Who? Me? But I love a good argument! And lets face it, nothing makes for great arguments like religion and politics.
          Quoth Leopardmadcat View Post
          Just trying to be the devils advocate here. [...] While I distrust religious ORGANIZATIONS in general I don't have anything against religions themselves.!
          If you would like to continue the conversation, feel free to do so in chat or via. PM. But you were told--twice--to knock it off and not do that in the thread. Well, now you can't.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
          X