Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should swing by my place on your way there!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

A little far out of the way, don't ya think?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        don't ya think?
        Seldom if ever.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Seldom if ever.
          Duly noted.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Naturally, I have questions.

What, precisely, do they throw? Napkins? Or something large and blunt that could potentially do serious bodily injury? Coffee pots? Bricks? Small dogs? Wheelbarrows? Ninja throwing stars? TELL ME!!!
            You, good sir, have made me laugh harder with these few words than I have in a very long time.

Quoth Jester View Post
            Again, not a coffee drinker, but even I know from all my coffee-swilling friends that Starbuck's is only slightly above average when compared to other coffee shops. Hell, the people in Seattle generally laugh at Starbuck's!
            If we want good coffee around here (Western Washington State), we find the small locally owned shops and stands. Starbucks has lost so much quality it's not even funny. I will do without if all I can find is a *$'s.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              Just curious - does anyone here work for Starbucks?

Rapscallion
              I use to work at the Starbucks in our store. It was fun! Really it was. I personally like they're drinks and certain coffee blends. Still I understand that not everybody likes it. We can't all have the same taste buds.

That and the only other places I can get coffee out where I live are donut shops (not DD), grocery stores and fast food joints. So maybe that's why I love SB! It's the best we got out here...

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                So maybe that's why I love SB! It's the best we got out here...
                That's... not really saying much. You live in the middle of nowhere.

I'm told Shipley's has good coffee. Have you tried theirs?

Comment

That's... not really saying much. You live in the middle of nowhere.

I'm told Shipley's has good coffee. Have you tried theirs?
                  No your hotel is the middle of nowhere. I'm in Limbo! Remember?

I have. Didn't like it. Wasn't stong enough for me.

Comment

I'm a coffee whore. I love the stuff. Drink it daily.

Oh yeah, me ODing on caffeine? Never gonna happen!

I should visit Canadaland. Who wants to put me up for a week? Hey, I'm I'm going to go out of the country, it's gonna be worth it!
                    I have 5 Tim Hortons and 1 Starbucks within a 10 minute walk...
                    Otaku

Comment

Okay boys, I'm going to Canadaland!

Where's my magickal transportation device?

Comment

There's a Timmies across the street from me, and two in the college buildings, plus another few a couple blocks scattered. There's also about 4 different chains in a 5 block radius, each with multiple locations. And they ALL do massive amounts of business.

Comment

Damn. All this talk about coffee and I ran out yesterday!

Comment

Between Granville Station and my office there are 2 Timmies and *6* Starbucks. ;p

You can actually stand on the corner next to one and see the other a block down.

Comment

I'm a coffee whore. I love the stuff. Drink it daily.

Oh yeah, me ODing on caffeine? Never gonna happen!

I should visit Canadaland. Who wants to put me up for a week? Hey, I'm I'm going to go out of the country, it's gonna be worth it!
                              I think I can talk my parents into letting you stay in the spare room, and I'm in Ontario, so not that far from Ree

Me, when I go to Timmies, I order an extra-large decaf triple-triple, since I used to get it with my BiL, I had no idea it was only $1.65 for an extra large.
                              My dad on the other hand, being diabetic, when he can get timmies (or any other coffee really), fills his travel mug with 2 sweetener and 'bring it over when its time for milk, the mug is deceptive' and there is no problem.

As for you GK, as always, a very good story, you have a real way with words! Bravo!
                              "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                                You, good sir, have made me laugh harder with these few words than I have in a very long time.
                                Thank you. I have, it seems, been even more creative than normal these last couple of weeks with my Romantic Life being reborn out of the ashes, and in a major way.

But please...don't call me "sir." I am far too young and far too disrespectable to be a "sir." The only people that should EVER call me "sir" are the boys who date my three teenage nieces. And in their case, it's a matter of survival!

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                                That and the only other places I can get coffee out where I live are donut shops (not DD)
                                I know many people who swear that Dunkin' is the best real coffee (i.e., not flavored coffee or fu-fu coffee drinks). Just sayin'.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X