This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunkin' is coloured water and dirt.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I am just telling you what people have said. I have repeatedly disqualified myself as any kind of expert on the subject, being both a non-coffee lover and a non-caffeine drinker.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Thank you. I have, it seems, been even more creative than normal these last couple of weeks with my Romantic Life being reborn out of the ashes, and in a major way.

But please...don't call me "sir." I am far too young and far too disrespectable to be a "sir." The only people that should EVER call me "sir" are the boys who date my three teenage nieces. And in their case, it's a matter of survival!
        I will do my best to remember to avoid the dreaded "sir" in the future.

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
          He doesn't like being called "Uncle" either, even though in the past, he himself had called himself "Uncle Jester" so I'd just ignore that one.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            L: “So everyone’s just *&@$ing diseased? Is that it?”
            No, "sir"....just you.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            I’d just like to point out to my fellow operators that if “John Rambo” calls you and wants your help getting back to the US it’s probably a prank and you don’t really have to leave a message for him. The same goes for any would be Nigerian Princes that are having any travel or banking issues abroad they’d like your assistance with. Also, under no circumstances are we interested in a bridge.
            Perhaps I could interest you in some beach front property in New Mexico?

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
            Indeed? Strawberry or apple?
            Mmmmmm....strawberry! *drools*

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            The only Starbucks I've been to is in Barnes and Noble and I only ordered soda there.
            I'm not a coffee drinker, either. However, I do like Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccinos and the Vanilla Bean Frappuccinos. Mmmmm, now I want one.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            That's funny because I move to NM then!
            Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I think you should swing by my place on your way there!
            A little far out of the way, don't ya think?
            I was gonna say!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

I was gonna say!
              Hey! Stay out of this! I've almost got her worn down!
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Borders has Seattles Best. Try there.
                Not the borders here. <pout>
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

We don't have starbucks here. I think we have a few seattles though...but no starbucks.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                    Please. And it's a good thing you're not sitting at my bar. Those who repeatedly make THAT mistake are eventually punished, especially if they do it after being corrected about it and then even warned that continued such insults will be dealt with by punishing them.

My punishment? A warm straight shot of Cuervo. No chill. No salt. No lime. Just warm crappy tequila.

And it works. I use it for many things (such as people smarting off overly much), and I have only ever had to punish people a second time twice.

He doesn't like being called "Uncle" either, even though in the past, he himself had called himself "Uncle Jester" so I'd just ignore that one.
                    I refer to myself as Uncle Jester because I AM an uncle, and it is kind of amusing and self-deprecating....and I generally use it more when I am in advice mode, trying to help a fellow CSer with some issue they are facing. I also use Dr. Jester, though I am not, of course, a doctor.

I dunno, I guess when random people call me "uncle" it makes me feel old. Ditto "sir" or Mr. [my last name]. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I am 38 going on 12, damn it!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Just curious - does anyone here work for Starbucks?

Rapscallion
                      Yup.

Great health insurance.

I don't drink coffee, and I have seen eight years of fail drinks that make the people serving them to you wonder how the frell you could ever think that tasted even remotely palatable.
                      http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Please. And it's a good thing you're not sitting at my bar. Those who repeatedly make THAT mistake are eventually punished, especially if they do it after being corrected about it and then even warned that continued such insults will be dealt with by punishing them.

My punishment? A warm straight shot of Cuervo. No chill. No salt. No lime. Just warm crappy tequila.

And it works. I use it for many things (such as people smarting off overly much), and I have only ever had to punish people a second time twice.

'tis but a fall back to BFA (Basic Faire Accent). I forget from time to time and fall into it. It's a draw back to wishing that i lived in the 15th century.

I promise I shall be good in the future. **Shudders** Tequila... bleeech.
                        I would hate to be subjected to that punishment as I am a whiskey girl.

Comment

Dunkin' is coloured water and dirt.
                          HEY!

It does depend though...there are Dunkin shops in Albuquerque. I don't know if corporate ships different beans to the ones outside New England, but the coffee at those locations just never tasted right. The last time I went to the one in Santa Fe, they didn't know how to make iced coffee (what I got was hot coffee in a hot cup with a handful of ice cubes--WTF).

There's a Tim Hortons in Middletown RI of all places. I do think they're competing with DD for my loyalty in that neck of the woods...damn are their coffee and donuts good.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                            I would hate to be subjected to that punishment as I am a whiskey girl.
                            I've got to tell you, even tequila people don't often like that particular punishment. Especially at, say, 3 in the afternoon.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            The last time I went to the one in Santa Fe, they didn't know how to make iced coffee (what I got was hot coffee in a hot cup with a handful of ice cubes--WTF).
                            I have had a few people surprised when, in a restaurant that is clearly not a coffee place (any place I have worked), I whip up an iced coffee the way it's supposed to be.

My mom used to drink iced coffee all the time when I was a kid, so it is a drink I am acquainted with. Not all servers are.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              A warm straight shot of Cuervo. No chill. No salt. No lime. Just warm crappy tequila.
                              Ditto "sir" or Mr. [my last name].
                              Forgive me, Master, the coffee cup of DOOM has fallen through my grasp again... Please, NO! Not the Cuervo of Doom! No, please!
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

When I was getting ready to move to my current residence, a friend from Philly said, "Oh man! They have a Dunkin' Donuts!!!!" Which led to a lot of eyeblinking and a general look from me. Apparently, on the East Coast, DD is liquid gold. I've yet to stop there, I try to go to local coffee shops when possible and I just don't drink the stuff that often. Coke Zero is my source of caffeine.
                                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                                X