Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gospel according to McElectricSuckyPants (Very Very Long and wordy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question from an ignorant yankee:

Pre-paid meter for what? It sounds like it might be electric, but that would be pretty cruddy to have the electricity cut out without warning when the meter ran out. OK, do technically, it would not be without warning, but if your were not a meter watcher, it might be.
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

And thus, I shall require a change of undergarments and pantalones for I have soiled and wet myself upon reading this.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post

Pre-paid meter for what? It sounds like it might be electric, but that would be pretty cruddy to have the electricity cut out without warning when the meter ran out. OK, do technically, it would not be without warning, but if your were not a meter watcher, it might be.
        That'swhat I have, and you tend to learn how much power/money you use in a day/week

But hey I'll take having to watch my meter over getting in debt any day.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
          Heeheehehee. Fair enough. Even if it is from a fratching'd like Webster. I'm sure it's in other dictionaries, as well ^_^

I'm an English (and occasionally music) geek. Could you tell?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post

Prepay meters on Gas and Electric are available, and its not so much without warning as there is a beep that sounds when its getting low.

You learn very quickly to manage you usage and finances.

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Heeheehehee. Fair enough. Even if it is from a fratching'd like Webster. I'm sure it's in other dictionaries, as well ^_^

I'm an English (and occasionally music) geek. Could you tell?
            I learned the word from Samuel Taylor-Coleridge's epic "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" where it was used when the mariner fainted upon the deck of the ship after the sea spirits began to take him home.

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
              Woo Hoo, thank you....I would have spelled it swooned, but then I can't spell half the time.

This was a great read btw ... I really enjoyed it.
              Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                Woo Hoo, thank you....I would have spelled it swooned, but then I can't spell half the time.
                And you wouldn't have been wrong. Swound is an archaic spelling, back when they liked to be creative with their spelling.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

As this post just showed, creative spelling and language can be fun

Comment

I laughed myself silly when I saw this over on the Snopes board. I think I wet myself laughing so hard again.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

240 Shekels a month? Damn me sideways, just how much energy was he using?

My monthly usage averages less that sixty shekels a month...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Trytobenice View Post
                        And so it came to pass, that all gazed upon the words of the Golden Phoenix, and all who saw it pronounced it good. Then the masses chuckled quietly, logged off, squared their shoulders against the burden, and re-entered the halls of the sucky customer.
                        And the pesants rejoiced.

Well done, GoldenPheonix. Thou hath piqued my interest and we hope to hear more readings of the gospel soon.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          My monthly usage averages less that sixty shekels a month...
                          I'm not sure how much it is in shekels, but my monthly usage is around 40 drachmae.

(and, no, my usage of those monetary units has no relation to their actual value. but for S&Gs, I looked it up.
                          240 ILS (shekels) = 37 GBP = 61 USD
                          40 GRD (drachmae) = 0.1 GBP = 0.16 USD

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

one word: awesomepost.

Comment

Well done!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X