Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i tried to get out of it seeing as how i have worked at the same place for 9 years. i went to the SM as soon as i could b/c i knew something was fishy.
    i think comngr thinks im dumb b/c im just a lil woman.

i knew all this was gonna happen.

no updates today except i got a email that this may be a long process

Comment

I've seen my manager give $100 to someone who didn't deserve it, I've seen her give $200 to someone who didn't deserve it but I doubt even she would be stupid enough to do what this guy did.

It has to be a scam, I refuse to believe anyone could be so stupid with THAT much money on the line.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
        However, after giving it a bit of thought, it's better that he's a dick, rather than a nice guy, because it'll be easier to say Buh-bye to him, and not be highly disappointed in him, or feel sorry for him.
        The worst ones are the sociopaths who can make people think they're nice. They do it so well that the victims of their crimes are still insisting that "It couldn't be him!" even as the knife slips into their backs.

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
        I was wondering, how the SC reacted to getting a free tv. was it:

A) still being a douche? "I need someone to cart my tv to my car right now! I have a life you know." Then he comes back latter to complain, "this tv didn't come with cables or a stand! This is unacceptable! I don't have time to come back here to this store because you guys messed up! What scam are you pulling, giving me a free tv but making me buy accessories!"

or
        B) Free tv? Huh. ok.
        This! I want to know this!

Don't forget Option C) Sly looks towards the manager giving the override followed by a smirk that makes you want to smack the shit out of him.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The only time I worked in retail previously (At Ye Olde Video Store) the manager was the sort of person who would not take shit like that. And when Corporate started cutting people's hours but extending the work day, she tried to get the rest of the managers to go on strike. We need more managers like her, and less like this idiot.

And on another note... I don't mind if someone offers to cut something off the price for me... I never complain a lot, but if somebody does, I'll usually take it. But I gotta say, if I complained about something as expensive as a TV and they said "Sure, have it for free" I'd refuse that... Because, well... That's just not right. A free meal when the order's messed up is one thing, but a free TV is something very, VERY different. I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

Sorry, rambled.
          Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Yes. It's one thing to be given a free soda at a fast food restaurant because they screwed up your order, (or the manager is cutting you a break because you were a dime short and didn't realize it.)

To be given a high-end electronic, with an unbelievably high cost, for free, is quite another.
            Last edited by Kristev; 07-14-2010, 05:57 AM. Reason: An extra word, not even in the right place.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
              update.....
              LP guy told i was found not to have anything to do with it.
              GOOD. At least whatever happens you won't get punished for it.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                Yes. It's one thing to be given a free soda at a fast food restaurant because or they screwed up your order, (or the manager is cutting you a break because you were a dime short and didn't realize it.)

To be given a high-end electronic, with an unbelievably high cost, for free, is quite another.
                I know. And if I'm getting a high-end electronic device for free or cheap, I'd like to make sure I feel I earned it. Even if I entered a lottery, then I did something. Taking a risk (that I'd lose my money) as opposed to a reward (That I'd get a TV).

And besides, I play the lottery a lot. I don't expect to win much, but its a state lottery, and with the fact that my school was underfunded despite being one of the best in the state, I like to try to help out.
                Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

SC reaction was more of yes i wim type deal.

when manger told him for his trobles that the tv would be free.

he said well i get the receipt incase something is wrong i can bring it back

than he just walked out

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                    SC reaction was more of yes i wim type deal.

when manger told him for his trobles that the tv would be free.

he said well i get the receipt incase something is wrong i can bring it back

than he just walked out
                    And, I'm guessing if he returned it, he'd demand the full price (1k) back, and if that manager were still there, he'd get it.

Just a guess.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                      And, I'm guessing if he returned it, he'd demand the full price (1k) back, and if that manager were still there, he'd get it.
                      No matter which way this guy goes, he wins.
                      -If he keeps it, he's got a $1000 TV.
                      -If he tries to return it, without the receipt, he could usually get a store credit for the most recent lowest sales price of the TV, which is still more than he paid for it.
                      -If he sells it on his own, pure profit.

With the receipt, though... I have trouble imagining that there's a manager out there who would give a customer more in a refund that the proven price they paid for it. Okay, maybe they might give a gift card or store credit for a little over the price paid, just to make up for any "inconvenience", but $1000 more than the person paid for it?

If anyone here has proof that something like that has happened in the past, my last ounce of faith in humanity will be crushed.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                        No matter which way this guy goes, he wins.
                        -If he keeps it, he's got a $1000 TV.
                        -If he tries to return it, without the receipt, he could usually get a store credit for the most recent lowest sales price of the TV, which is still more than he paid for it.
                        -If he sells it on his own, pure profit.

With the receipt, though... I have trouble imagining that there's a manager out there who would give a customer more in a refund that the proven price they paid for it. Okay, maybe they might give a gift card or store credit for a little over the price paid, just to make up for any "inconvenience", but $1000 more than the person paid for it?

If anyone here has proof that something like that has happened in the past, my last ounce of faith in humanity will be crushed.
                        No.. if he pulled that, he could very well lose. Big time. Especially if this manager pleads out. I'm telling you guys. This is wayyyyyy more than an SC/Spineless manager deal here. Heads will roll.
                        I will never go to school!

Comment

You know, I guess the manager thought it was a very remote chance he would get into trouble. He should've channeled someone smarter, because now he's done for.

But I guess you could say...it was tube bad for him.

<puts on sunglasses>

yeaaaaaahhhhhhh
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            You know, I guess the manager thought it was a very remote chance he would get into trouble. He should've channeled someone smarter, because now he's done for.

But I guess you could say...it was tube bad for him.

<puts on sunglasses>

yeaaaaaahhhhhhh
                            Wow, 9 pages into the thread, and we're just now getting the puns?
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              Wow, 9 pages into the thread, and we're just now getting the puns?
                              ...I had a lot of orders to work on this week.
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                                ...I had a lot of orders to work on this week.
                                It was worth the wait
                                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                                X