Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to this, my brain has decided to go vacation in Hawaii. Just wish I could go with it. This is...wow. When I worked at Wally World we had a $3000 dollar tv walk out the front door, but it was ex-employees who KNEW how to do it..but forgot to be you know..smart and got caught on camera..so they got arrested (never did get the TV back though). This is on a whole new level though..my brain just refuses to take in this information....
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth sweetj82 View Post
      all i know for now is that comngr is still suspened.

i told dept manager when/if comngr comes back im gonna take my old credit card in to buy a laptop than when its declined throw a fit and get it for free....note i would never do that.

oh oh oh i forgot

comngr told lp guy that since we made sc happy he will be back now and we will make up the grand
      I wonder if Comngr understands exactly HOW MANY of those $1000 TV sets he'd need to sell to this guy to make up for one walking out the door for free?
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

• Wow, apparently all you have to do to get stuff free these days is throw a hissy fit. Spineless Manager Syndrome has become epidemic, methinks.
        "A satisfied customer - we should have him stuffed." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Now that I have finally picked myself up off the floor, can you tell me where you work, and what days this particular manager works? I am building a home this year, and will be looking to furnish it with all sorts of electrical goods.. preferably free ones!

Seriously though.... I think I just stared at the screen a full 10 seconds before I was able to comeprehend the massive amount of douchebaggery and EWhoreyness you had to deal with, biggest WTF? post I have read in a looooong time!

Hope you had cookies handy!
          "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

• Can this guy be banned without that manager's knowledge or ability to reverse?
            i'm betting that both the manager and the customer get banned
            and that they press theft charges against one or both

Comment

• Quoth Despina83 View Post
              So the idea was to give him the tv for free "for his trouble". What trouble??
              Trouble, had it all my days.
              Trouble, had it all my days.
              Seem like trouble, carry me to my grave.
              So why can't I get me
              a TV to ease my way?

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                I don't think they could press charges against the SC. If a manager told him he could take the tv for free, I don't suppose the company could prosecute because by law managers are considered agents of the company. I could see them prosecuting the manager though. Unless of course the SC and the manager were in on it together, then they could both be arrested.

I would hesitate to call this guy a customer though. Customers go into a store to buy merchandise. From what I understand, this guy tried to write a bad check, tried to use a maxed out credit card (or hot card maybe?) and then insulted the cashier when the whole thing was his fault. To be a customer you need to have some money to spend in a store.

A part of me is hoping this is a scam and that the manager and the SC were in on it together. I really don't want to think that there is a manager who is stupid enough to give away a television to someone as a courtesy since they didn't have money to pay for it.

Comment

• Quoth underemployeed View Post
                  Question, how in the hell can a regular cashier have the power to markdown a TV to zero dollars, sounds like crap software to me, at no point should you be even able to come close to that! At my work we authorized to give out at most $10 for customer service issues, and believe me the register doesn't allow anything over that.
                  At the tax office, a preparer can go up to $20 off, any larger discount requires either a manager override or coupon code (and they change from year to year).

As for customer service:
                  Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
                  I can understand it being about customer service, but wow, maybe a 5-10% discount would be more appropriate.
                  A few years back our printer crapped out on 4/15. The management gave (with no requests by customers or preparers) everyone affected an extra 10% off...along with apologies for the inconvenience.

My client was seriously grateful and not sucky in the least about that, partly because I got her a couple thousand more than she expected and now got to keep more of that (my fee was withheld).

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                  dept mngr did say sorry for calling me at home but was so upset just felt like it needed to be done
                  That's a relief. Good to see you're off the hook over this matter, sweetj82.
                  Last edited by taxguykarl; 07-19-2010, 07:44 PM. Reason: more stuff to add
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Any update?

Comment

• Free $1000 tv?

but...but...but

*brain explodes*

Comment

• Quoth Despina83 View Post
                        This is really hard to swallow. No manager on the planet would give away a 1,000 dollar tv for free, nor would the computer let them even if they wanted to. If this story IS somehow true, then my faith in humanity is now close to nil. This story would be shocking enough even WITHOUT the free tv, the guy was being such an over the top dickhead. There's only one proper response to someone like that, and that is get out of our store NOW and don't come back.
                        I passed that point six months ago.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        I do not think the manager will be facing anything such as simple theft.

The TV alone, depending on the state law, might be enough to make what he did...

FELONY THEFT!

And if it is discovered that he did in fact give other things away, he will DEFINITELY be facing felony charges.

Comment

• At the risk of sounding redundant...Ouch...my brain just cramped. Definitely report it...you shouldn't have it taken out on you, and I wouldn't bet on your moronic manager standing up for you when Loss Prevention finds out.

Comment

• wow, if he has no money, he's not a customer, so who gives a ravin' flip about whether or not this piece of crap is happy?

you manager needs to be shot...with a potato gun. (i love bones...!)
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

• FOR THE RECORD.

At least giving away a $1,000 TV is not as bad as the Best Buy store that lost an entire semi-trailer full of merchandise......

Or the manager that insisted there never was a third trailer, right up until inventory time when the store came up short by roughly 1 trailer

Comment

• Quoth CatsLairArchives View Post
                                FOR THE RECORD.

At least giving away a $1,000 TV is not as bad as the Best Buy store that lost an entire semi-trailer full of merchandise......

Or the manager that insisted there never was a third trailer, right up until inventory time when the store came up short by roughly 1 trailer
                                And pray tell what was the story about how _that_ managed to happen? It was probably quite inventive (not to mention unbelievable!)

Comment

Working...
                                X