Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweetj82, if the manager does indeed get canned, could you keep your ears opened as to where he might land a job next, (if he doesn't go to jail), and if he gets hired on at a Porsche dealership.......

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

This is really hard to swallow. No manager on the planet would give away a 1,000 dollar tv for free, nor would the computer let them even if they wanted to. If this story IS somehow true, then my faith in humanity is now close to nil. This story would be shocking enough even WITHOUT the free tv, the guy was being such an over the top dickhead. There's only one proper response to someone like that, and that is get out of our store NOW and don't come back.
      Last edited by Dips; 07-15-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

my brain died...thanx stupid manager and SC!
        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Unbelievable!!!!
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Oh, it's believable. It just speaks poorly about the human race.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

So the idea was to give him the tv for free "for his trouble". What trouble?? How on earth is his check and card declining in any way the fault of the store? I would really like to know just what in the hell this manager was thinking. There is just no logic here. At all.

Comment

when cards decline, people lash out at the nearest person they can. In most cases, this is the person taking the payment.

This entire epic saga is why I am SO rooting for the zombie apacolypse to start up sometime soon! Zombie hunting would be the perfect therapy for what is now a decade of customer service! ( I totally just realized my first job at the grocery store was 10 years ago...I'm off to go look for grey hairs.)
                "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

all i know for now is that comngr is still suspened.

i told dept manager when/if comngr comes back im gonna take my old credit card in to buy a laptop than when its declined throw a fit and get it for free....note i would never do that.

oh oh oh i forgot

comngr told lp guy that since we made sc happy he will be back now and we will make up the grand

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                    oh oh oh i forgot

comngr told lp guy that since we made sc happy he will be back now and we will make up the grand
                    This is not Rolls Royce selling cars to billionaires... what, precisely, in DiscountMart will make them $1000?

Either he is just playing dumb to cover up a colossally easy to spot scam and/or he really does have an IQ about half that of a sewer slug.

Which means, of course, he's the perfect sort that mgmt. loves to promote!

SirWired

Comment

• Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                      WHA...?!?!?

yeah so the sc is gonna come back realizing he got a free tv and then try to get something else for free because he'll be thinking "I got a tv for free. What else will I get for free?" Then once he realizes the trick won't work again (really hoping it doesn't) he'll complain and won't spend a dime there.

And then go complain to everyone he sees which will cost even more lost revenue because isn't it something like one bad customer will tell 7 other people...great logic there for the comngr...trying a last ditch effort to keep him from jail...
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

all i know for now is that comngr is still suspened.

i told dept manager when/if comngr comes back im gonna take my old credit card in to buy a laptop than when its declined throw a fit and get it for free....note i would never do that.

oh oh oh i forgot

Oh hell.....you've got to be kidding me! Is this his way of avoiding prosecution and jail time?!!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh, sure he'll be back - and expect to be made happy again.

Comment

Sure, and I'll win all of our state lottery games next week.

Can this guy be banned without that manager's knowledge or ability to reverse?
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Since when did it become good business practice to please the customers who DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO SPEND?!?! This guy's credit card, debit card, and check were all declined for insufficient funds. How, exactly, is he expected to spend money at the store if he doesn't have any to spend in the first place?

Like others have said, he'll come back alright... expecting more stuff for free just because he doesn't have any money.
                              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

• My word. That store'd be considerably better off asking the poltergiests to visit them instead. At least they've got antique jewelery, watches, gold, and other valuable whatnots.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X