Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of Busses and bullets P1 (long and involved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    That's EXACTLY what I'm getting at, although you presented it much more eloquently than I.

The customer you site is likely a lying bitch too and your company is giving in to her to get her to go away, but (rightly) no action is being taken against the employee because he/she very likely did nothing wrong. Correct?

Man, things are really scary when the Clearance Swamp's treatment of employees is looking GOOD compared to RM's place.
    This is one thing I have to give them--if a customer complains they won't knee-jerk take the customer's side and discipline the employees involved. They may give out a few freebies but they aren't going to yell at anybody or write anybody up for doing it.

As I always tell my co-workers when they get people complaining about them "if the company took their complaints that seriously, I would've been fired a long time ago."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

As I always tell my co-workers when they get people complaining about them "if the company took their complaints that seriously, I would've been fired a long time ago."
      Indeed, my friend.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

So what are you getting coaching on? How to prevent a thief from stealing pizza like this person and his significant idiot did? Ugh..I'm glad it didn't go any further but it's crazy that a light tap on the wrist is even necessary when dealing with a lying SC.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          My read on this is I will get a light slap on the wrist and then just keep my head down for a while.

So basically, you have to act as if you are guilty of something you didn't do.

To use one of Corporatespeak's favorite phrases; This is Unacceptable!

Add me to the list of those that would like a PM on the company involved, if you are going to pass that along.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
            Add me to the list of those that would like a PM on the company involved, if you are going to pass that along.
            Sure, same here -- tho I think MOST companies would do the exact same thing, sadly.

As for the subject of the coaching, my guess would be coaching on proper cashout procedure/taking payment properly and giving change...in other words, what the OP was already doing properly in the first place.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Sure, same here -- tho I think MOST companies would do the exact same thing, sadly.
              Yep.

It's pathetic, but I've become so cynical from what I've read here over the years, heard first hand, and my own experience working for one big corp (not actually retail, but with a large, face to face customer service aspect to it), that RM's situation is more the rule than the exception in how the big corps operate.

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Man, what a pain in the ass! You'd think at *least* that someone who'd been drinking could think they MIGHT have been mistaken. 8-\

The frustrating part is that I can see why the company would want to cover their ass to a point, since some people are scammers on *both* sides of the equation*, but geeze, you'd think the signed slip - and, let's face it, the word of an employee vs the word of a random drunk guy- would do it!

* (Once years ago my then-gf and I were visiting a friend out of town. My friend uncharacteristically got WAY more inebriated than either of us. We'd paid attention to how much the cab ride was to where we went, so after we got dropped off at our hotel, we made certain we paid enough to get my friend home with a tip. We paid the driver directly and clearly explained the situation to him, so my friend wouldn't have to worry about trying to deal with money at all. She was kind of, ah, asleep, and didn't realize we'd done this. I found out a week or so later when talking to her that the guy had pocketed the money and charged HER for the full fare, including our ride to the hotel! And a tip, since even tossed she still wasn't an sc. This was long enough ago I don't even remember whether she was able to get her money back or not. But even then, that seems like another situation where everyone actually having copies of the receipts would clear it up.)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

As for the subject of the coaching, my guess would be coaching on proper cashout procedure/taking payment properly and giving change...in other words, what the OP was already doing properly in the first place.
                  exactly this

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                  So basically, you have to act as if you are guilty of something you didn't do.

yes

as to my company think of the ganster from the Mel Brookes movie Spaceballs who Lone Star owes money to.

spineless managers YES sometimes these people make a jellyfish look like a steel I-beam. but that is the norm these days. complaining customer ---- give the customer what they want anything they want and for a little as they want and let them get away with it.
                  Last edited by Racket_Man; 01-26-2011, 07:25 AM.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

the thing is... sometimes if you DO agree to the punishment it can get you - and the company - in even worse trouble.

like the vinegar boy story from "War Stories".

Comment

Im not 100% sure how it works but couldnt he come back with "i was too drunk to do business and she should have seen that"

Somethign about not being allowed to form a contract or do business while intoxicated......mind you, drunk people buy things every day

Comment

Quoth Blade View Post
                        , but geeze, you'd think the signed slip - and, let's face it, the word of an employee vs the word of a random drunk guy- would do it!
                        Don't be silly. He's not just ANY random drunk guy -- he's a CUSTOMER! ...who is staying at a hotel so we'll probably NEVER hear from him again! We'd better do EVERYTHING in our power to make damn sure he's happy so we don't lose his valuable business!

Quoth Pimento View Post
                        Im not 100% sure how it works but couldn't he come back with "i was too drunk to do business and she should have seen that"
                        They probably would have gotten accused of being predjudicial if they refused him service on those grounds (plus, there's always the chance of playing the _____ card). Drivers don't really have a choice in the matter.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                          ...as to my company think of the ganster from the Mel Brookes movie Spaceballs who Lone Star owes money to.
                          Well, I'm glad to hear that - I don't eat their pizza anyway, as the only cheese I can handle on a pizza is Mozzarella and Pizza the Slut uses a pre-mixed blend, you can't get "Mozzrella only." So I go to Papa's instead.
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

This story is, unfortunately, cloned across other national-wide stores. The Shack did the same to me twice, the managers involved both told me it was bull right to my face but that District wanted the paper down. Why?

I asked for ID when processing a cellphone account approval. Which was suggested in training as a way of getting all the information in one swoop so we didn't need to keep asking. WHY was this wrong? He didn't have his ID on him and wouldn't provide half the information required . . .

. . . and his skin color was not the same as mine.

The reason the manager said it was bull? The guy would purchase a phone, and return it to swap out a newer one the following week, essentially causing the associate who placed the original order to "lose" ~$500 on their weekly sales due to how the system worked, AND to refund the bonuses for selling a phone, out of their paycheck. In other words, he was almost always buying the phones from seasonal employees, and returning them to other seasonal employees, in a nigh neverending chain. But we could not refuse, because policy was "no questions asked within 14 days".

The regular employees would see him coming and find convenient reasons to be in the back while he was in the store, or just be otherwise occupied.

Sooooo . . . this sort of disciplinary action is common across almost any nation-wide company. Do not forget the site you are on!

Comment

Working...
                            X