This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Damn, I said that out loud didn’t I? Y-….er….wait, did you just agree with me? Oh. Ummm….well then. I’m glad we agree on something...I think.
    Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Why does everyone think I’m a phone sex operator? <sob>
    Because you are, and you don't want any of us to know about it for some reason.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My God.
      Yes?

SC: “General Gaddafi tried but only Allah’s been given that permission”
      Wait...General? When did that fucker get promoted from Colonel? I realize he's the head honcho and all, but even being in charge, he still called himself Colonel. Did he give himself a field promotion? Did he pass over other dictators in his country while shamelessly promoting himself to a rank that, due to his being the Main Dude, was pretty much pointless other than as an ego stroke?

All you have to do is be clear, concise and polite in your request and I will do what I can to assist you. If you had simply said “Yes, hello, could you please provide me with a beat boxed assortment of funkiness? I feel the need to bust rhymes and require musical accompaniment. But lack an actual band.” I would have gladly accommodated you.
      But see, that's not the way GK! They's gotta get down with them bad selves, tell the Phone Pimp (that's you, G) to break out the funky beats. G to the rave, K to the eeper, this is how we do it, cuz you ain't no sleeper, yo!

There is more than one way to epoxy novelty bunny ears to a cat.
      Beyond hilarious!

If you required 7 minutes of coaching by page 8, you’re going to require a fire extinguisher by page 12, and paramedics by page 17.
      It’s comments like this that have caused me to develop the Drinking While Reading GK’s Post Technique. (Not to mention the ability to scare off potential dates so unbelievably well!) In which one reads, then laughs, then relaxes, and then, and only then, one turns from the computer screen, focuses on the beverage at hand and only the beverage at hand, making sure to avert one’s eyes from the computer screen, takes a long satisfying slug, swallows, puts said drink down, and then, and only then, turns back to the computer screen and goes back to reading. This Technique has saved my monitor much trauma.

He was just outside the station, as always, dutifully performing for his audience of thin air and wishes.
      No, not "as always." Why, you yourself reported on his repeated absences over the last few weeks. Have you forgotten his sabbaticals already?

Me: “Your name is Alfred?
      SC: “…..uh……….”
      Me: “………”
      SC: “That is....ummm.....…….Sarah.”

Good girl.
      "Woof!"

Wait, a girl asked you this? If she was at all good-looking or had a pleasant personality (or both), why would it upset you that she thought you got paid for this? Think about that one for a while, my friend. Come back when you’ve really pondered it. Yeah.

annnnnd rest.
      What, no Story Time again this week? This is the second week in a row. Methinks the fangirls might be getting restless….

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

...it's a dirty rotten deal, when you lose your woman, your dog & your wheels
        And raaaain is comin' down! </shameless UK blues advert>

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
          Is it bad that I kind of felt sorry for MC Shake & Bake?
          I'd feel sorry for him if he would accept he has no talent and no future at this. But his musical persistence erodes such sympathies.

This city has quite a few buskers, and the good ones actually tend to outnumber the bad ones. However, there are only a handful that are truly horrible and should never touch as microphone or instrument again. MC Shake & Bake is one of these people. >.>

The good ones actually have a name beyond "That guy" and play venues as well as busking. Really, most Buskers I pass actually range from decent to pretty good. Shake & Bake is a terrifying exception.

Quoth Salted Grump
          The Voice.
          I don't typically use The Voice outside of work. Especially right after I get off work. It's usually a few hours before I'll even talk in any capacity. I tend to be really quiet and mumble a lot right after I get off shift. Its only when I hit scripted words ( "Please" and "Thank you" ) for instance, that my voice comes back on. -.-

Quoth wagegoth
          There's a Blues Hound in my local BART station. The guy can play really well, but his voice just grates on my nerves. I can't bring myself to even toss him some coins, because I just want it to stop.
          Throw the coins at him? <cough>

Quoth Jester
          But see, that's not the way GK! They's gotta get down with them bad selves, tell the Phone Pimp (that's you, G) to break out the funky beats. G to the rave, K to the eeper, this is how we do it, cuz you ain't no sleeper, yo!
          It'd be easier if that.....dialect, didn't fill me with an overwhelming urge to bite something ;p

Quoth Jester
          It’s comments like this that have caused me to develop the Drinking While Reading GK’s Post Technique.
          It's a particularly bizzarre moment in life when someone tells you you're a choking hazard. Then provides safety directions.

Quoth Jester
          Wait, a girl asked you this? If she was at all good-looking or had a pleasant personality (or both), why would it upset you that she thought you got paid for this? Think about that one for a while, my friend. Come back when you’ve really pondered it. Yeah.
          Considering the recent track record of things attracted to my voice at work she probably use to be a man.

Quoth Jester
          What, no Story Time again this week? This is the second week in a row. Methinks the fangirls might be getting restless….
          I require sufficient exterior street/transit material to compose a Story Time. It ( thankfully ) does not always occur. >.>

Comment

It'd be easier if that.....dialect, didn't fill me with an overwhelming urge to bite something ;p
            Oh, I am no fan of it either, being an intelligent, educated,. well-spoken man with an extensive vocabulary who happens to have a small talent for writing. Frankly, I do it purely for laughs. That being said...

Yo, G, what up? Youse got to admit, dog, I be DAMN good at dis shit!

It's a particularly bizzarre moment in life when someone tells you you're a choking hazard. Then provides safety directions.
            Oh, stop. I am not the first and I won't be the last to mention the general danger of reading posts in here while eating, and the specific danger of eating while reading YOUR posts.

Hell, this is not even the first time I have detailed the counter-measures to ensure everyone's safety. Maybe the first time I named them, but that's about it....

Considering the recent track record of things attracted to my voice at work she probably use to be a man.
            Probably. As in, you don't know. As in, you are assuming.

Dude, to paraphrase Rhett Butler, you need to get laid. And well. And by someone who knows how.

You're wound up tighter than a Nazi alarm clock in a synagogue during Passover.

I require sufficient exterior street/transit material to compose a Story Time. It ( thankfully ) does not always occur. >.>
            Fair enough.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Me: “A breach of security in your mind, perhaps.”
              This reminds me of one of my new favorite quotes -- T.S. Eliot, regarding Henry James: "He had a mind so fine no idea could violate it."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                to paraphrase Rhett Butler, you need to get laid. And well. And by someone who knows how.
                Are you talking about me again?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A rather deranged man dressed somewhat like a lumberjack lunged at me a block up from here and demanded “BUY ME SOMETHING?!”... Luckily for me, he only had about a 2 metre operational radius and once I got out of range he returned to his start position and went back into guard mode. Waiting for the next person wandered into range.

Given the previous "adventures" that you've detailed for us, I would have figured that you knew by now to NOT pull aggro on Crazies. That's just asking for trouble.
                  Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                    Given the previous "adventures" that you've detailed for us, I would have figured that you knew by now to NOT pull aggro on Crazies. That's just asking for trouble.
                    I don't know. That one sounds like an aggro on sight mob. Unless GK has a stealth ability, they're hard to avoid.
                    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Dude, to paraphrase Rhett Butler, you need to get laid. And well. And by someone who knows how.
                      I find I cannot muster a sufficient counter argument.

Quoth Alpha Strike
                      I try not too, but if they're particularly wide ranging you can't get around their aggro range without wandering into traffic. -.-

Comment

I find I cannot muster a sufficient counter argument.
                        Sometimes, there is no counter argument, my friend. Accept the superior logic, and get on with your bad self!

Still A Customer."

Comment

My God. Just....argh.

Geez, Again?

C: “There’s somebody running around the hallways trying to get into people’s apartments, and he doesn't have any clothes on!”

…Alright. Well, I can see how that would be…problematic. However, I must ask: What exactly do you want me to do about? Would not the police be a better option? They’re trained for this kind of thing. They loath it with every fiber of their being I’m sure, but they are trained for it. All I’ve got is a maintenance guy on duty and I doubt I can convince him to drive all the way down there to tackle some sweaty naked guy. Even if I did have security, the standard security training certifications required to be a security guard in BC do not include NDS ( Naked Dude Scenario ) resolution training.

Yes unfortunately that is apart of your on site training. Work security long enough in apartment buildings(which usually is say about a week) you'll deal with naked people and trust me the hot playboy bunny ones are never naked you get the the old, fat crazy ones

Comment

Quoth Mr. Security View Post
                            Yes unfortunately that is apart of your on site training.
                            Tazer to the jimmy? Preferably at range?
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Tazer to the jimmy? Preferably at range?

sadly they don't let us carry tazers. Oh how I wish we could carry them But nooo that's to much fun and dangerous, the bastards

Comment

So late to the party, but had to respond. The moment I saw the title, I knew it was a Gravekeeper post.

Would not the police be a better option? They’re trained for this kind of thing.
                                Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                I think this might be Naked Justice's archnemesis, Naked Burglar!
                                Well, I was thinking more a job for Naked Justice, but close enough.

Me: “Well I could hang up on you, so that’s one thing.”
                                That made me giggle.

It's your voice.

I have advice on how to fix that, but not only do I like your voice the way it is, but I suspect some of your other fans would lynch me. >_>

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Oooh... nicely done. *applauds*

It's a particularly bizzarre moment in life when someone tells you you're a choking hazard.
                                I just about choked on my tongue at this line.

If I wasn't so good at smothering my laughter/choking, coworkers would be running to my aid right now.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X