This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like a common criminal!

Remember this SC, who got mad when they attempted to "help" one of our employees, and who was served quickly? Good. Well it seems a apology form SM, a gift card from corporate, and assurance that they would make sure proper customer service protocol was followed was not enough.

They wrote back ANOTHER Corporate compliant. They summarized their original issue the added the following gem. "I spoke with <SM>, who apologized and said he/she would talk with all the employees and remind them about proper service rules and that a gift card had been mailed to my address. However, I am still not satisfied. The GC is a nice thought, but I will not return unless I have guarantee that the employees who were so awful and disrespectful to me have been appropriate disciplined and that I will never experience any of what I consider bad customer service again. I will not spend my money in a establishment that treats their customers like common criminals! I will only consider returning if all my assurances ave been addressed as I requested."

Corporate, You will never win with this SC. PLEASE don't give them free stuff again, though i am not holding my breath.

It is absolutely none of their business whether the employees get disciplined or not, or what that discipline is. It's not even the business of their coworkers! That's between the manager and the employee. I'd say it's time to "fire" the customer, in this case. They are far more trouble than their business is worth.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

A customer who goes out on a specific mission to get people disciplined/in trouble should be treated like a common criminal. Or at the least, not get ANY freebies of any kind.

I have to wonder, after reading that, the time that I was suspended for a customer complaint, if the manager followed up and said what had happened to me, or if the customer called back and asked. I'm pretty curious about that now.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

the fact that this particular idiot damaged product for no other reason than they're a spiteful, impatient twat never registered with corporate, of course.

no, it's all the employee's fault, obviously, so they get punished, the twat gets rewarded and the cycle of bullshit and abuse continues. go corporate.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          I will not return unless I have guarantee that the employees who were so awful and disrespectful to me have been appropriate disciplined and that I will never experience any of what I consider bad customer service again.
          Then this woman should not shop anywhere. Not even online. She's better off making her own clothes, food, appliances, furniture, whatever else she needs.

Your corporate customer service people are dishrags. Sorry. I think my response to the second letter would be to warn her some asshole is signing her name to stupid complaint letters.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Your corporate customer service people are dishrags. Sorry.
            I know. And the sad this is they admit it. They basically state they don't want to loose a customer, ever, and cite the "it costs $258,257,257.25 to get one new customer" figure, hence justifying the complaint = gift card routine.

In one training session were were basically told that, supposedly, "customers" just want to be listened to, get some sort of apology and something free or discounted to keep them happy.

Comment

http://www.sjtent.com/ef/shoppingcar...ages/69004.jpg

That is all.
              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

In one training session were were basically told that, supposedly, "customers" just want to be listened to, get some sort of apology and something free or discounted to keep them happy.
                I hate that line of crap from upper management. No, actually, some customers are just unhappy, enjoy being unhappy, and want everyone else to be unhappy. You will never, never make them a happy satisfied customer no matter what you do.
                My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry that happened at your store. That guy is an asshole and I hope I NEVER get a custy like him.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

There is little I despise more than anyone who demands to know what disciplinary action was taken against a person. It's no one's business!!

Comment

This is the kind of customer you can't make happy no matter what you do. They get off on the belief that their word is enough to punish another person. EW of the Year, apparently.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                        I know. And the sad this is they admit it. They basically state they don't want to loose a customer, ever, and cite the "it costs $258,257,257.25 to get one new customer" figure, hence justifying the complaint = gift card routine.

same in the fast food industry. One major fast food company (comprised of 8 or so different companies) codeifies in their "customer service" rules: believe the scammer customer, listen to the scammer customer, apologize to the scammer customer, satisfy the scammer customer, and thank the scammer customer.

first of all it costs the store X dollars EVERY TIME a customer gets a freebie or deep discount. in this case the cost of all of the muffins destroyed + the cost of the gift card + the cost of the time and effort of your store AND corp to "make things right" with NO end of the cycle. and yes it would not surprise me if corp fired the worker.

second these repeat scammers/winny "wronged" customers multiply that X dollars by a higher and higher multiplier when word spreads how easy it is to get free stuff.

third the mythical "quaking in your boots" in front of a "wronged" customer and it actually costing the store to get another customer is just THAT a MYTH.

I do get these days that the internet is a wide net, and I get the social networking thing, BUT I still do not believe in the "one customer who has been 'wronged' will actaully loose you 10 customers" theory. I did read an article a while back that sort of debunked that myth even in the internet age.

I just do not get the "it costs us less to keep a bad customer/scammer" theory than to go out and actually cultivate or bring in more "good"/honest customers.
                        Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-10-2011, 06:05 AM.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                          There is little I despise more than anyone who demands to know what disciplinary action was taken against a person. It's no one's business!!
                          Particularly when you bear in mind that every story had 3 sides: what he said, what she said, and what really happened.

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                          I do get these days that the internet is a wide net, and I get the social networking thing, BUT I still do not believe in the "one customer who has been 'wronged' will actaully loose you 10 customers" theory. I did read an article a while back that sort of debunked that myth even in the internet age.

I just do not get the "it costs us less to keep a bad customer/scammer" theory than to go out and actually cultivate or bring in more "good"/honest customers.
                          Quoted for Truth. In fact, when I worked with SCs in the ER, I would often get thanked by the other patients waiting who were just as sick of the EW behavior as I was.

And as a customer, I am sicked by the EW behavior that just drives up MY costs as a consumer. The price of those gift cards, and the costs to train new employees hired to replace the ones who are fired or quit because of EW behavior are passed along to ME in the form of higher prices.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                            P
                            And as a customer, I am sicked by the EW behavior that just drives up MY costs as a consumer. The price of those gift cards, and the costs to train new employees hired to replace the ones who are fired or quit because of EW behavior are passed along to ME in the form of higher prices.
                            Just complain about the poor morale, high turnover and high prices to whatever Corporate entity and they will send you a shiny gift card to make it all better and keep you a happy customer.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                              Particularly when you bear in mind that every story had 3 sides: what he said, what she said, and what really happened.
                              See Hoodwinked for this adage in action, though I will warn you should be open minded, as What Really Happened and What He or She said occasionally match. Using the Grey Fallacy is sloppy thinking.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X