This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Your corporate customer service people are dishrags.
    Now, now, don't be dissing dishrags--they have many uses, unlike corporate.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That employee should write a letter of apology. It should read something like this:

Dear Entitlement Whore,

I deeply apologize that you found my service less that satisfactory. I am sorry that I did not realize that you were in a time warp wherein 2 minutes of my time was 20 minutes of your time. I am curious about how you achieved this state, because I could certainly get my job done faster if I could say those magic words, or imbibe those magic mushrooms, or whatever it is you did to go into this state. But nevertheless, I apologize for not realizing that serving you, and you alone, was more important that performing my assigned tasks. And how shameful of me not to thank you for destroying merchandise in an attempt to assist me! Of course I could get my job done in half the time if I just threw stuff away. I was silly not to realize this before. In fact, I didn't even realize that your calling me a c*nt was a comliment! How kind of you.

Please visit our store again. Rest assured that I have been severely disciplined by being forced to take an afternoon off with pay, and by being forced to accept a 10% raise. I was so looking forward to working that afternoon! But I have learned my lesson now.

All of the bakery and deli staff have been instructed in how to treat you properly when we see you next. Don't worry! The minute you are spotted, we will all run into the back room and stay there until you leave, as none of us are worthy to be in your presence.
      Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Sparky..that .. was...epic. Just wonder if the EW would get the sarcasm? The magic 8 ball (not the drug kind ) says "All signs point to NO."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          See Hoodwinked for this adage in action, though I will warn you should be open minded, as What Really Happened and What He or She said occasionally match. Using the Grey Fallacy is sloppy thinking.
          He said and She said may occassionally match, but they rarely match in 100% detail. This is why eyewitness testimony is considered unreliable, and why detectives look more closely when two parties agree 100% on events--it's a sign of a concocted story.

The Grey Fallacy doesn't really apply to my example; it's not about making a decision it's about interpretation of events.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

"A Vorlon once said that understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side and the truth."

-Capt John Sheridan Babylon 5 E406: Into the Fire

I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

As far as I'm concerned she IS a common criminal, destroying property of the store is criminal. What the hell is wrong with people, everyone is out to get others nowadays. If I had went to the store and seen they weren't ready yet... I would have just said oh crap and went and done my other grocery shopping first. Oh wait I'm not a fucking moron.
              What are the chances she didn't even want anything from these departments... She just seen they weren't ready and seen her chance to bitch.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                "A Vorlon once said that understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side and the truth."

-Capt John Sheridan Babylon 5 E406: Into the Fire

Awww! You beat me to it!
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

... and on the gripping hand ...

to add a Mote of absense.
                  Last edited by dalesys; 04-13-2011, 10:35 PM.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                    And as a customer, I am sicked by the EW behavior that just drives up MY costs as a consumer. The price of those gift cards, and the costs to train new employees hired to replace the ones who are fired or quit because of EW behavior are passed along to ME in the form of higher prices.

This. Times 10.

A few of my friends are of the mind of, "What's it to you if a company caves to EW demands?"

You summed it up perfectly. In the long run, it affects us all.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                    X