This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Moist von Lipwig stories.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

I'm a Vetinari fangirl, myself, closely followed by Vimes/Moist/DEATH, then Carrot.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am a longtime Granny Weatherwax fan. And Nanny Ogg, of course!

Loved that pic, Jester. Those are some kick-ass tights you got there!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I am a longtime Granny Weatherwax fan. And Nanny Ogg, of course!

Granny rules. So does Nanny.

Oh, and as to that.... interesting pic...

Quoth Jester View Post
          Oh my friends, I have barely scratched the surface of creative ways I could make SCs disappear. Not only am I a magician, but I am also an avid reader of books about serial killers.

Ponder that for a bit, dearies.
          Jester, you say that as if it's strange and unexpected. After seeing that pic, no, no it isn't.

You're also not the only one with that hobby.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            And before anyone says, "This thread is useless without pictures," let me assure you we did take pictures. Now, we weren't allowed to take any inside the polling place, but I got a few amusing shots outside of it, including the one below.
            That costume is full of win!!!!
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              New Orleans
              They probably would have asked you if you were RUNNING for Mayor if you showed up in that outfit here ^_^

Then again, if you did so during either Carnival or Fest season (it is currently the latter), you'd get bombarded with people asking you to which parade organization you belong

Love the outfit tho, Jester!
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Well, I'm a kick-ass kind of guy.

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                Oh, and as to that.... interesting pic...
                Interesting in what way? Interesting is such a generic word. It could mean so many things, either good or bad.

Jester, you say that as if it's strange and unexpected. After seeing that pic, no, no it isn't.
                To a lot of people it would be.

You're also not the only one with that hobby.
                I know I'm not. But a lot of people still look at me askance when they discover this particular hobby/interest of mine.

Hmmm...I do believe that is the first time I've ever used the word "askance" conversationally.

Go me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I never really understand dressing properly for jobs. I think mostly because all of my "nicer" jobs (University Switchboard, Hotel Front Desk, Museum Tour Guide) I tended to wear nice tops with either dressy skirts or nice jeans. I'm not a huge fan of dress pants, but no one ever complained about my jeans.

On the other hand, when I worked at the movie theatre, a grocery store, Wally World. I always had to wear a t-shirt and dress pants. It always confused me. I couldn't wear jeans because it was unprofessional, but they had me in T-shirts.

Anyway, you should dress for your gigs as you feel is appropriate for the venue. Though, maybe they should have a giant roll down poster of you for Wednesday nights saying something like "Jester the Magician"
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I am going to slightly disagree with you in that I do feel a business has the right to tell its employees how to dress, within reason. Part of my agreement with the restaurant is that I do, in fact, dress business professional, something we both thought was appropriate for what I do. Just as the toy store has no issue with my dressing more casual, as long as I don't wear anything inappropriate (such as wearing my t-shirt that says, "And for my next trick I'll need a condom and a volunteer").

At my bar, I wear shorts and a t-shirt from the bar, but that is what they have decided is the appropriate uniform for employees. I love it, of course, as that is my normal mode of dress, but as it is their business, it is their right to decide how their employees will appear to the public.

In my professional life, I have worn some interesting things for work, everywhere from a full tuxedo to a pirate costume to quite literally nothing at all. Hey, what can I say? I have an interesting life!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      I know I'm not. But a lot of people still look at me askance when they discover this particular hobby/interest of mine.

Hmmm...I do believe that is the first time I've ever used the word "askance" conversationally.

Go me.
                      Aye, I have that effect on people. I have difficulty reducing my verbiage to conversational levels and after a while people start hauling out the ten-dollar words just to keep up.

As for the area of interest, yes, people do think it's strange. So what? I like getting inside peoples' heads, figuring out what they're thinking and why. You know how little kids go through a phase of asking 'Why is (the sky blue, for example)?' I never got over that phase, and figuring out why people do and say and think the things they do is right at the top of my list of things to spend my mental energy on. Then again, I never claimed to be even remotely normal.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                      X