X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I Admit I'm a Creepy Cashier

Just Die.

Me: Hello, welcome to [store] do you have a [company] rewards card?
    SC: No, I don't need one. Just get rid of those stupid things and lower the price already.
    Me: ...uh...we can't control the price of gas.
    SC: I know YOU can't.
    Me: I meant "we" as in the company.
    SC: ...oh.

Impossible

Customer called in a complaint for our store claiming that they had bought a frozen salad. This is impossible. Why? Because the salads at no time go anywhere where being frozen is a possibility. None. Nadda. Zip. Even the operations supervisor was like..."What? That's not even..." Plus most of the cashiers should be smart enough to notice something like that. Every damn customer wants their salad in a bag so we have to touch almost every single one that comes across our counter. None of them are EVER even CLOSE to being cold enough to be frozen. We'd notice, believe me. Only one of us is imcompetent enough to not notice and she hasn't worked retail for a while now. Nice try, Scammy McScammer.

Don't Worry About It

Me: Do you have a [company] rewards card?
    SC: No, but don't worry about it.
    Me: ...I'm not.
    SC: ...uh. Well good.

Do I look worried? This just irks me. They really do say it like I'm just so concerned about it, like they have to console me because they don't have a rewards card and they don't want one. Really, it doesn't bother me. If you just say "no" I WON'T TRY TO GIVE YOU ONE. That is unless I analyze you by your keys you set on the counter and you're obviously local. Then I'll pester you.

Me: Do you have a [company] rewards card?
    SC: I'M FROM VIRGINIA.
    Me: ...okay?
    SC: Why would anyone have a reward card for a GAS STATION?!
    Me: ............................regulars.
    SC: What?!
    Me: Nothing.

What the...

Walked into the ladies room to find toilet paper strewn over everything. Literally there was paper over everything in the stalls. You couldn't tell anything was wrong when you just walked in but as soon as you opened the stalls there was paper freakin' everywhere. You know what's the sad thing? I don't think it was intentional. I just think that many people left scraps of paper on the floor. At least it wasn't poop.

Where's the REGULAR girl?

I was the lottery fairy and everyone recognized me as such. Now we have a new lottery fairy (Thank God, I was so tired of it). We'll call her Georgia. Whenever she's gone and I'm on lottery I suddenly have people asking me if I can do this properly and "where is Georgia?" Uuuh...you're obviously a new regular aren't you? Haha. I WAS the lottery girl, thanks. All the really old regulars who were regulars back in the day talk to me like, "Oh, hey, I love your new hair, you remember my numbers, you're such a doll, oh you have a good day sweetheart."

I'm tired of the "Where's Georgia" statements. I'm just about to say she died and that I ate her brains or something just to get them to shut up. SHE'LL BE BACK TOMORROW YOU IDIOTS.

My Mouth

I hope this guy doesn't become a regular because when he comes in he has a really dirty mind and turns everything I say into a perverted "that's what she said" type thing but without saying the "that's what she said" statement. It all started when he asked if I'd put dip in my mouth for a million dollars and unthinkingly I'd said that there wasn't much I WOULDN'T put in my mouth for a million dollars. Crap. He's gonna come back every day I bet.

Can I Borrow It?

We can get in real trouble if we use a different rewards card than the customer's in a purchase because that would benefit us and would be equivolent to stealing since it would save us on gas.

Me: Do you have a rewards card?
    SC: Do you?
    Me: Of course.
    SC: Let me borrow it.
    Me: ..................
    SC: You have one don't you? Lemme borrow it. You can have my points.
    Me: I can be fired for that.
    SC: Oh please.
    Me: We've already let a girl go for it. (true)
    SC: Nobody would know.
    Me: No thank you.
    SC: Spoil sport. Let's see you get these points by yourself.
    Me: I practically live here. I'm good on points.

LIKE, WHAT? I will not get in trouble for you! D:

Let's Play a Game...

What can I tell about you just from your wallet and your keys lying out on the counter?

1. Your boyfriend's name is Luke.
    2. You're not married to Luke yet, nor are you engaged.
    3. You drive a Honda Civic.
    4. You're a Phillies and Steelers fan.
    5. You're most likely a nurse from the local hospital.
    6. You like to read, eat mexican food, and you're a little bit of a push-over.
    7. You have no kids but you're probably the best aunt in the world.
    8. Your sister has either had kids with a man of another race or has adopted her kids. She has two, a boy and a girl. They're pretty cute.
    9. You drink plenty of beer. That or your keychain bottle open was shoddily made.
    10. You're from Alaska originally but now you live here.
    11. You're 32.
    12. Your birthday is in March. The 6th to be exact.
    13. You live in an apartment.
    14. You have a cat named Tiger.
    15. You're not knit-picky about style or fashion, you just like bright colors and comfort.

I'm creepy.

I assume by dip you mean the tobacco product and not the delicious-on-chips stuff?

And I always do love the "let me use your card bit." When will they learn?

Comment

I ate her brains
      urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BRAIIIIIINNNNSSSSSSSSSS.....

Comment

Please lord do NOT let my C-store chain decide to start doing reward cards. *shudders* That said. it is amazing how quickly regulars get to recognize (and somewhat care about) you. I have quite a few that are just complete sweethearts. As for frozen salad person... I HATE SCAMMERS. 'Nuff said. I also hate people that trash the restroom that way, and ours are one toilet restrooms! Wallet & keys? If I had gone through someone's wallet that was left behind to the extent that you seemed to have, I'd be in serious trouble. Oh, and by thee way--Do not feed the pervert troll!!!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

I'm creepy.
          You would also make an excellent fortune teller.

That, my friend, is what you call a very good cold reading.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
            I'm tired of the "Where's Georgia" statements. I'm just about to say she died and that I ate her brains or something just to get them to shut up. SHE'LL BE BACK TOMORROW YOU IDIOTS.
            I killed her and ate her liver. (Pause for a beat) Gotcha. [/Penguin]
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
              You realize, of course, that when Georgia took over the lottery fairy post, she undoubtedly dealt with a lot of "Where's Gaki?" questions from regulars, at least until they got used to her being the lottery fairy and you doing whatever it is you do now. And I am guessing that Georgia hated it as much as you do.

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
              Me: Do you have a rewards card?
              SC: Do you?
              Me: Of course.
              SC: Let me borrow it.
              This is just like the type of people that want you to...
              --let them use your employee discount, though they are not employees.
              --give them Happy Hour prices outside of Happy Hour.
              --give them discounted drinks for no reason.
              --give them what a coupon promises, despite the fact that they don't have the actual coupon with them.
              --with a "buy one get one free" coupon, give them the free one without them having to buy the first one.
              --sell them an alcoholic drink despite the fact that, when asked for ID, they did not have it with them.
              --sell them an alcoholic drink despite the fact that they are not of legal drinking age.
              --sell them an alcoholic drink despite the fact that it is before the time that you can legally sell it to them.
              --sell them an alcoholic drink despite the fact that it is after the time that you can legally sell it to them.
              --sell them an alcoholic drink despite the fact that your establishment is not open yet/no longer open.

Etc., etc., etc. And yes, I have dealt with someone trying each and every one of the above, at some point in my career.

To all people like this, thank you for your effort, but it is not happening. Why? Because I love my job, and would like to keep it. And even if I did not love my job (or when I worked for places I didn't like as much as this one), I am rather enamored with having a home to live in, for which I need rent and bill money, for which I need this job far MORE than you need to succeed at your little scam game, you cheap ass sphincter monkey.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Now just where IS Georgia?...lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Now just where IS Georgia?...lol.
                  The one south of Tennessee in the USA, or the one south of Russia in the Caucasus? Or are you looking for Sweet Georgia Brown?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Your middle name is Ralph, as in puke, your birth date's March 12th, you're 5'9 and a half, you weigh 130 pounds and your social security number is 049380913.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Uncanny! But how did you know I was about to post?

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                        Wallet & keys? If I had gone through someone's wallet that was left behind to the extent that you seemed to have, I'd be in serious trouble. Oh, and by thee way--Do not feed the pervert troll!!!
                        It's not the stuff left behind, nah, I just put that stuff in the drawer after memorizing their face on their license. No, that's just from when people open their wallets on the counter while they're paying for their stuff and when they have all their keys and key card things splayed out in front of them. Yeah, I can analyze all of it really really quick. Your wallet and keys can really say a TON about you and almost all of it is probably dangerous to be saying. That's why my keys just say "I like to watch Invader Zim, I like to read, I go to [store] and I have a Triple "A" membership. I drive a Chevy, I think inanimate objects with faces on them are cute, and I may or may not go to PNC Bank." I don't go to PNC but that's where you get the little orange pig on my keys. I just like the pigs and my clear one from Charter One got obliterated by a Semi.

Comment

What my keys usually tell people is that I have discount cards from most of the major supermarkets down here, I have a bicycle, and HOLY HELL MOTHER OF MOSES, YOU HAVE A LOT OF FUCKING KEYS.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

My keys would tell you that I have a lot of keys and I own two cars (that's from first glance, the remote is actually my garage door remote)
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Where is Georgia you ask? I ate her liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
                              *slurps*
                              Answers: $1
                              Correct Answers: $2
                              Answers that require thought: $5
                              Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
                              X