This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    I wouldn't know. The US won't allow it to be imported even as pet food.
    Many moons ago, my stepfather went to Aus and brought me back a small bag of kangaroo jerky (I haven't tried to get more, but it might be OK to import if it's 'professionally' packaged). That stuff was really good.

Goat can be really greasy depending on how it's prepared/allowed to sit, but in the curry form I find it yum.

When I was a pup, some time near Easter at a fair I saw rabbits and of course wanted one as a pet. On the way home we stopped at what was then named Bread & Circus...I asked for rabbit for dinner My first taste of sweetbreads was when I was about 10; apparently I amused mom greatly by asking for more even after knowing what it was.

Somebody mentioned wolf meat...please don't let the ranchers who are railing against wolves hear that.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-17-2011, 02:05 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      back in the late 70's/early 80's, some dolt spread the rumor that jack in the box served kangaroo meat as burgers instead of beef. wasn't true, but it didn't keep the rumor from spreading.
      1981. The chain was getting ground beef from an Aussie supplier, which had accidentally shipped horse meat to the US. It was discovered in quality testing upon receipt, before any made it into the restaurants. Reviewing shipments which hadn't gotten sent yet, the company did find kangaroo meat bound addressed for JitB as well (but it was found while still in Australia, and never actually made it here) Somehow, the horse meat part of the story was glossed over in favor of "OMG JitB is serving kanagroos!!" And that rumor was spread without the benefit of the internet

I remember seeing numerous stories on the local news (I was in San Diego that summer) and some JitB stopped serving certain items (like the beef burrito - yum! That was my fave! ) to appease the public outcry, while they tried to convince people the beef was beef. I can't remember if they temporarily suspended burger sales.

I still make jokes about going to JitB for a 'rooburger with cheese (whenever I'm someplace that has a Jack)
      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
        I still make jokes about going to JitB for a 'rooburger with cheese (whenever I'm someplace that has a Jack)
        We jokingly refer to it as picking up some KFR [Kentucky Fried Rat]

Actually we prefer Bojangles fried chicken, but the closest we can get is Popeyes. [they have a much inferior recipe for dirty rice than Bo's. *sigh*]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X