X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
    ruining christmases

it's what's best in life!! to crush their christmases, see them catbutt-facing before you, and to hear the lamentation of their children.

only if there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth......otherwise yeah it's just not worth it.....great now I've ruined your ruining christmas....do I get something for that? A small plaque or something? maybe a large piece of pocket lint? A slightly used hamster, still has two out of four legs and one eye*.....

Sadly I did have a three legged hamster(with epilepsy) and a one eyed hamster, I always got the "not quite perfect pets", cast off from others.....I gave them extra love
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Gidgetdigit View Post
      Well damn, I thought the year a) my husband died, b) the boiler leaked, flooding the basement and destroying half the Christmas gifts and c) the electricity went out on Christmas Eve.
      Gidget, I'm sorry for you.

Cyclone Tracy destroyed Darwin during the night of Christmas Eve, 1974.

Think that's a good enough Christmas-ruiner? Or is lack of an ornament more significant?
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Now that her Christmas has been ruined, she doesn't have to worry about anyone else ruining it for her.
        Yep, and she can have a nice calm holiday season!

Okay, so she doesn't have internet access at home ... and apparently 'home' is on the moon since obviously there is no library anywhere near her ... but of course if she did that she wouldn't be able to stomp her feet and pout.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Hey, hey, hey, pace yourself! If you start ruining Christmases too early, you'll be burned out by Black Friday! That's the ultimate Christmases Ruined day!
          Nah, that'd be Christmas Eve.

"How dare you close at 6:30?! My little boy needs Latest Stupid Trick Elmo, you can't close the store now! Who cares that your employees want to go home to their families, I can't get what I want! YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!111!!!eleventy!!!!!!!!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Gidgetdigit View Post
            ...You bastard - how could you ruin Christmas so horribly for her?
            Clearly I'm evil. Rotten to the core. It was all part of my diabolical plan.

Ooooops! Edited to add Mwahhaha!!
            Last edited by b2addm; 10-07-2011, 02:48 AM. Reason: Add evil laugh
            I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Nah, that'd be Christmas Eve.

"How dare you close at 6:30?! My little boy needs Latest Stupid Trick Elmo, you can't close the store now! Who cares that your employees want to go home to their families, I can't get what I want! YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!111!!!eleventy!!!!!!!!"
              OMG, last year, it was my job to stand at the LOCKED exit door and let people out as they finished. Every single time I had to open that door people tried to push their way in. It was AWFUL!! But I didn't let a single one in. I got cursed at, insulted, and shoved repeatedly. *sigh* Gotta love that Christmas spirit.
              I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

I had the pleasure of ruining quite a few Christmases last year when I was a seasonal taking calls for the jewelry company. I'm sure I'll ruin some more this year when rich, spoiled, shallow High End Home Store customers can't get something they want for themselves or someone else on their list, because, ya know, the best way to show love is to buy really expensive stuff. Ahh, the Christmas Spirit lives on...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I've ruined Christmases in September !!

Amateurs !!

Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
                    With the SC's catbutt facing
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
                      I've ruined Christmases in September !!

Amateurs !!

Noob. I once ruined Christmas in JULY by selling the last Ghostbusters Firehouse the day before the sale ended.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        Seriously how shallow can you be to make your Christmas depend on a product?
                        I can understand an attachment to specific Christmas items. My family has a number of things that only come out for Christmas and make the holiday special. I would be devastated if they were lost or broken (did get that way, when an ex roomie accidentally took my box of Christmas ornaments with her when she bailed).

But to make a clerk miserable because the item is no longer available is just childish.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        even my own family... well kinda. mom told me that one of my cousins (late 40s early 50s) whined and said that her "life was ruined" because she had grown up with a mentally retarded sister who needed extra help and care.

I won't say what my response to that was. but it was very sarcastic and unsympathetic to her obvious plight.
                        Here's mine: your cousin's sister may be mentally retarded, but the cousin is morally retarded, and that's far worse. You can't help but be the former, the latter is all on you baby.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          I've never ruined a Christmas. *pouts*
                          You still have your first time to look forward to

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            I've never ruined a Christmas. *pouts*
                            Me either, but then, there are plenty of other occasions to ruin: birthdays, Valentine's Day, Easter anniversaries. Yes, due to my seasonal contact with SC's, I've pulled off all those.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The closest thing I've done to ruining a Christmas is writing poems known as Christmas scareols.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                                Noob. I once ruined Christmas in JULY by selling the last Ghostbusters Firehouse the day before the sale ended.
                                Please....I once ruined Christmas on December 28. Yes, you read that right. I ruined Christmas 361 days before the event. I can't remember what piece of crap the customer wanted, but it seems she saw it about a month before Christmas of that year, and instead of buying it full price she decided she would get it post Christmas on sale. Pity it was an item in hot demand and we sold out 3 weeks before Christmas. When she started screaming that I had ruined Christmas, and what was she going to do now, a customer tried to explain that Christmas was finished, and she said, not this Christmas, next Christmas. He just laughed at her, and asked if I could show him where something was. As I walked off with him, he told me that he didn't need help, but I obviously did to get away from the stupid.

So yeah, December 28th was the earliest I have ever ruined Christmas. I did have someone try on Boxing Day one year with regards to selling out of Christmas cards, but all she got out was "you've ruin..." before she tucked tail and fled. It seems that introverted little me can give a mighty powerful glare that can stop SC's in their tracks. Shame it takes 6 hours of Boxing Day madness to ignite it.

Comment

Working...
                                X