Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn something new everyday. Whether or not its something you wanted to learn is another matter.

Comment

Yep. Like the day I learned what felching was. (From conversation, not experience, thank you very much!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Yep. Like the day I learned what felching was. (From conversation, not experience, thank you very much!)
        Lovely....(for the unfamiliar, felching basically involves sucking up the er....deposit a man makes after sex)

And on that note, I'm now starting to wonder if "Jibber jabber joo" can be a new euphenism for sex
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          Lovely....(for the unfamiliar, felching basically involves sucking up the er....deposit a man makes after sex)
          Actually, it's more involved than that....but we'll let it go for now.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Yes. We don't need details. There are innocent people on this boarAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T SAY IT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Yes. We don't need details. There are innocent people on this boarAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T SAY IT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.
              My innocence was lost somewhere in Year 12....
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                You know, it’s not the constant bad jokes that bother me, or the fact that every joke made on this line is basically the same. It’s that someone was sitting at home before they called and actually had the thought “Ha ha! I bet they’ve never heard this one before!” and prepared the joke in advance. Totally convinced of its hilarity.
                Actually, they're not thinking it's an *original* joke. You're giving them too much credit. It's more like 'Ah ha, this is the appropriate moment to make that joke that goes with this scenario. I will make the joke and we will both laugh because it's a joke, and jokes are funny. And everyone will be happy, because I made the joke. Well done, self! ... .... I like pie.'

Proof once again that most people never mature emotionally beyond the age of about 5. What're you gonna do?

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Yes, thats quite enough detail as is, thanks. ;p

Quoth mharbourgirl
                  I will make the joke and we will both laugh because it's a joke, and jokes are funny. And everyone will be happy, because I made the joke. Well done, self! ... .... I like pie.'
                  Ugh, probably. Its like every other person that calls is that one uncle who thinks he's funny but no one has the heart to tell him otherwise because he's been under the delusion for over 30 years.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                    Actually, they're not thinking it's an *original* joke. You're giving them too much credit. It's more like 'Ah ha, this is the appropriate moment to make that joke that goes with this scenario. I will make the joke and we will both laugh because it's a joke, and jokes are funny. And everyone will be happy, because I made the joke. Well done, self! ... .... I like pie.'
                    I beg to differ.

From years of dealing with people in the bar/restaurant industry that constantly make the same joke without realizing they are doing just that, I can tell you that most people who make such jokes truly DO believe they are being original, and that no one before them has ever told such a joke.

Sad, but sadly true.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                      This explains sooo much. Nunavut is full of corrupted GLaDOS cores with access to the phone network
                      That actually makes perfect sense, when you think about it. Wasn't the Borealis vessel "misplaced" to a distant arctic location? I bet they took a bunch of corrupted cores with them which escaped up there.

From what I've read of GK so far, there's not only the Pants Core but the Prince Charles Core, the Lucky Ticket Core, the Spelling Deficient Core, the Taxi Core, and the Smell Core.

Vick and the others could be a version of the Fact Core, as well, since the Fact Core often provides "facts" about Abraham Lincoln sleepwalking through freeing the slaves and other nonsense that seem awfully "Vick-like"
                      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                      Fiancee: What?!
                      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                      X