This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cashierbex View Post
    When my best friend was in bootcamp for the army, apparently the crew (dunno the term, sorry miltary folks) she was on had all the girls ouranking the guys with the best shooting accuracy, speed and other tests.

And they say women aren't dangerous.
    In WWII, the Russians found that, while fewer women were mentally suited for sniper training, those that were outperformed the male trainees significantly. One of the best snipers in the entire war was from the Russian female sniper corps.

Lyudmila Pavlichenko
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      In WWII, the Russians found that, while fewer women were mentally suited for sniper training, those that were outperformed the male trainees significantly. One of the best snipers in the entire war was from the Russian female sniper corps.

Lyudmila Pavlichenko
      which reminds me.... dr. ruth was a sniper too!

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
        The thing that drives me crazy is I ALWAYS get "being a pilot is for boys" when we hold our kids events or if I'm some where promoting our events.
        Ok, I have to tell one of my favourite stories of my daughter.

She was three years old, and we took her to an air show at the base, to see the Blue Angels. Afterwards, she asked me "The Blue Angels aren't really angels are they? They're just men in airplanes, right?" We assured her yes, that was correct. So she stands there, hands on her hips, very indignent looking, and says "Well, then, there ought to be women Blue Angels too!"

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Hearing about Dr. Ruth doesn't surprise me. Bea Arthur was a truck driver one of the U. S. military branches, before she became an actress. She was also trained as and worked as a lab technician.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Al actually uses the neat and nice-smelling ladies deodorant because...HEY! It actually works BETTER than the heavy-duty MAN deodorant...:P
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
              And they say women aren't dangerous.
              Who says THAT? No one who's ever dated a woman, that's for sure!

Most women I know would consider this to be a "measured response." (My apologies for the ad.)

(Speaking of that song, one of the very few country songs I like, I found not one, but TWO hilarious parodies of it, here and here. Enjoy!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Can I just say anyone buying or expecting me to have anything pink needs to be wearing body armour?

All my friends have had 'pink princess' children and I shudder at the thought that that might be my fate at some point in the future!

I never went through a pink phase and buy most of my t-shirts and shirts in the mens section as the women designed ones are always way too short.
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                X