This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All new lows (my brain hurts now)

Holy crap. I have just gotten the stupidest (and possibly most entitled!) message I have EVER gotten from a potential* customer.

I'll just quote it here for you:

"hey i was wonderin if u could make a werewolf costume for me im a girl by tomorow please im in trouble i need ur help im begging u!!!!!"

Tomorrow.

By. Tomorrow. Something that takes a whole month of work at the VERY fastest (and which actually takes six to nine months, because I have a lengthy project list, and I'm not going to jump somebody to the front of it.)

I just... what. What the what. Seriously. I read this and then I had to read it three or four more times to make sure I'd read it right. I thought I could no longer be surprised at how stupid customers can be, but I was wrong!

*Not very potential, admittedly. I actually rather strongly suspect that in addition to wanting the insane feat of getting a costume made in a single day, she also wanted it for free/cheap.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Her brain cell must get awful lonely.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Even if I had it MADE and sitting here right this second, I couldn't get it to her tomorrow, is the really crazy thing. I have no car, the post office will close before I could get to it, so I couldn't even overnight it. This would be an insane request for a pre-made item.

I've replied (kind of rudely, honestly, but I am still just... boggled.) And she says she needs it for "summer camp" which is ALSO stupid. There is no such thing as a summer camp that requires a full body mascot costume. Srsly, no. Not even furry conventions *require* such attire.
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Jeans, flannel shirt, leftover Halloween mask, and a healthy dose of STFU!

Wow! Either she's beyond naive about how long something like this takes (besides shipping times, ya idjit) or she's the queen of "I can get anything I want because I'm me!"
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

" ...im a girl by tomorow..."

If you typed her quote as she sent it, she has more important things to worry about! lol
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

"im a girl"

That doesn't tell me your size, now does it? Wow. What an idiot.
            "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
            Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

She "needs" it for summer camp because she told somebody she has one. Bragged about it, probably. Or she's trying to upstage someone. And she's 14.

Yes, I'm psychic.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Um...ah...bwah....Yeah, my brain's broken now!

Maybe she's moving to a certain rainy State and wants to mate with Jacob Black? Guess she'll have to settle for a tub of glitter!
                Last edited by LillFilly; 06-28-2012, 04:00 AM.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

And people wonder why I'm getting oh of the commissioned sewing gig...

Comment

Quoth static
                    I think some people are just unable to comprehend how much work goes into things and expect miracles.
                    Got it in one. I see it all too often at the fabric store around Halloween; someone wants to make this fantabulous costume, they have no pattern, no idea what the hell they're doing, they just buy a bunch of (usually expensive) fabric and think they can "whip it together, how hard can it be?"

I try to talk sense to these folks, suggest they buy a pattern and read it through, suggest cheaper and easier to work with fabrics, etc. Much of the time, though, it is like constantly . They Do Not Get It™, and they never will, not even after they're tearing their hair out in frustration, unable to comprehend why it's not coming together the way they want it.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can attest to how long things sometimes take- the outer cloak alone of my skyscraper-avatar cosplay took somewhere around 50 hours of work, and the crown alone probably has 10-15 hours in it, and it's a small one. There's just NO WAY I could do a costume for somebody "by tomorrow", not even a simple set of Jedi tunics. Even the leather belt would take longer than that. Maybe I'm just a slow worker, but good stuff takes some serious time to put together.

As for that disgraceful sample of writing in the OP, what the actual fuck? Do some people completely chuck everything they ever learned in english or writing class the minute they hit the internet? Or are they so poorly taught that this is what passes for normal?

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                        As for that disgraceful sample of writing in the OP, what the actual fuck? Do some people completely chuck everything they ever learned in english or writing class the minute they hit the internet? Or are they so poorly taught that this is what passes for normal?
                        There's whole groups on Farcebook devoted to the fact that "dis isnt skool y dose it mater"... They like to think that you should only write "properly" if you're being graded on it; the fact that continual use will make it easier to remember doesn't seem to be a consideration.
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
                          Even if I had it MADE and sitting here right this second, I couldn't get it to her tomorrow, is the really crazy thing. I have no car, the post office will close before I could get to it, so I couldn't even overnight it.
                          [EXTREME SARCASM]She was expecting you to beam it over as per Star Trek. What's the matter? Is you transpoter not working?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Former editor here *. I would like to teach this girl about punctuation other than exclamation points.

Lesson 1:

Punctuation marks other than the exclamation point do exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111eleventy-eleven onety-one111111!!!!!!

Okay, Sweetheart, that will do for now, I should think. We'll just let that permeate your brai- uh, head for now, and we'll see each other in a week.

*Yes, I know that "Former editor here" is not a sentence. Shut up.

Comment

In regards to "dis isnt skool y dose it mater", maybe somebody should tell these types that when they write that way, people tend to think that they're dealing with a barely literate, inarticulate child, as opposed to a functional teenager or adult.

They have no idea how stupid such "writing" makes them look.

Comment

Working...
                              X