This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    That answers my first question. Next question: Does she like George Wendt?
    Best comment ever. And now on to my commentary about the OP

1) How the heck can a steak be rare *and* well-done?

2) Really? Just....really?

3) Apparently, irrational fear of tomatoes is a thing. I Googled it. It's called "Lycopersicoa phobia"

4) No words. Just

5) Sounds like someone was born without an inside voice.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Any time you have customers and alcohol in the same vicinity, you're going to get things like this.
      There, fixed that for you.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Well, of course he's afraid of tomatoes, I mean, they almost wiped out the human race after that genetically altered virus used them as a vector for infection...

Now, let's see who gets the reference...

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
          Well, of course he's afraid of tomatoes, I mean, they almost wiped out the human race after that genetically altered virus used them as a vector for infection...

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post

That sounds like the Hollows Series by Kim Harrison (AKA the Rachel Morgan Series)
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              See, now, that's perfectly reasonable, and will never get you your 15 seconds of fame.

I'm the same way with hazelnuts. I'm not allergic; I just don't like the flavor. People keep telling me I should try Nutella, and I just respond that I don't like hazelnuts. No biggie, I'll stick with peanut butter.
              Amazing how many people tell me that nuts are nuts, you either like them or not.

I absolutely adore pecans & cashews, but detest walnuts. Others I can take or leave. Most people simply can't understand how I can love pecans & hate walnuts, or how I can even tell the difference when baked in something.

That said, I've never been known to back off from a walnut like it's going to attack me. I could even, gasp, survive picking a walnut off the top off a salad and discarding it.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                Amazing how many people tell me that nuts are nuts, you either like them or not.

I absolutely adore pecans & cashews, but detest walnuts. Others I can take or leave. Most people simply can't understand how I can love pecans & hate walnuts, or how I can even tell the difference when baked in something.

That said, I've never been known to back off from a walnut like it's going to attack me. I could even, gasp, survive picking a walnut off the top off a salad and discarding it.
                Now that is stupid They all have fairly individual flavors, and several have very different textures [I love the sort of crunchy/creamy texture of macadamias] I would be glad to take your walnuts =)

I just don't like nuts in most stuff, I prefer them separately normally. I like them in chocolate bark, but not in cakes or most cookies. I have plans of making white chocolate/toasted macadamia/crushed peppermint and dark chocolate/toasted almond/crushed toffee barks for christmas this year. I am also going to play with making sugar free using splenda instead of sugar alcohols as I want to avoid the laxative effect.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                  That sounds like the Hollows Series by Kim Harrison (AKA the Rachel Morgan Series)
                  Ding! Your prize is... Virtual tomatoes, not redeemable outside the internet nor guaranteed to exist inside of it! Isn't it lovely?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    That answers my first question. Next question: Does she like George Wendt?
                    You rock, Mr Hero. <3

I'm a tiny bit on the evil side, CRML, so I probably would have added extra beans to that lady's pasta after that.
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      Can you guys tell I’m full time at the pub again?
                      I gathered as much. What happened to the school gig?

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                        I gathered as much. What happened to the school gig?
                        #Schoooooooooool's out for summer!# I'm assuming that's the reason, anyway.

Why couldn't bean lady just pick out her own beans?! Sheesh.

Comment

Quoth Lingerie_Lackey View Post
                          Why couldn't bean lady just pick out her own beans?! Sheesh.
                          Because she's a Speshul Snowflake and the Center Of The Universe, and picking out beans is beneath her! So Her Majesty must order the peasants to rearrange reality to suit her needs.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                            I'm taking this to mean "Why won't you try this? It tastes amazing? Come on really?" kind of not leaving it be? I'm sorry it was a bit unclear to me.

If that was your meaning, I've gotten that a lot. It's especially irritating when someone throws something (like cilantro which I have a mild allergy to - it floods my palette with the taste of soap) and claims that "I won't even taste it."

Then I do. Then I get annoyed because now I don't want to eat it and now I'm hungry and even more cranky.

If that wasn't your meaning, I apologize, and request clarification.
                            That is exactly what I mean.
                            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
                              That is exactly what I mean.
                              Yay!

Yes there have been minor fights I've gotten into with people who don't know me very well when they refuse to believe that "I don't like that flavor and yes I will taste it."

The guy who threw cilantro, even after I told him I was mildly allergic to it, into the food got ganged up on by everyone else at the party though, so that was mildly entertaining to me.

Why can't people just accept, "No, thank you, I do not like that and do not want to eat it" ?
                              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                                Yay!

Yes there have been minor fights I've gotten into with people who don't know me very well when they refuse to believe that "I don't like that flavor and yes I will taste it."

The guy who threw cilantro, even after I told him I was mildly allergic to it, into the food got ganged up on by everyone else at the party though, so that was mildly entertaining to me.

Why can't people just accept, "No, thank you, I do not like that and do not want to eat it" ?

What I really hate are the ones who will put ingredients in, hoping to be able to later say "see, you couldn't even taste it, how can you say you don't like it?".

Ok, I can see a parent trying that on a stubborn five year old in some cases (wouldn't have worked on me, though) but on another adult? And just cause they don't say anything doesn't mean they didn't taste it, just means they have more manners than the jerks who try something like that.

Madness takes it's toll....
                                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X