Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMGWTFBBQ I RAN OUT OF THE ELIXER OF LIFE!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. And considering we're possibly the busiest store in the district, it'd hardly be a dent in our sales.
    Go for the eyes!

Comment

Hey, I am an American and my tea palate is atrocious. I drink what is labeled as English Breakfast because it works for me much better than coffee . . . not as bitter. I have tried other teas, but nothing's really grabbed me. Earl Grey is nice . . . but I don't use it as much. I don't do green tea because its delicate flavor is lost on me; white tea is even worse for me to discern flavor.

At a tea store in a mall I worked at . . . it may be the same chain, but no names . . . I tried some rather expensive white tea one day from samples being offered. It tasted like slightly different water, rather than something I could identify as "tea".

I liked the aroma more than the taste Black tea is what I gravitate to, but the blend varies depending on my mood. However, I'm not going to throw a fit over not being able to get my black tea blends. I'll just move on.

Comment

Good to hear you like black teas.

I'm really not a fan of english breakfast for a variety of reasons, but I just really don't like the taste and the fact that the stuff we sell looks exactly like the stuff that comes out of store bought teabags. Bit of a bias there, but if you like it, kudos to you.
        Go for the eyes!

Comment

I agree somewhat with Kereminde about having no real palate for teas ... but I think the worst is matcha. I've had it in "blended" drinks and it's fine, but that's because I can't taste it. I tried it all on its lonesome once, and all I could think of was liquified grass.

Comment

Matcha is one of those you need a palate for. I'm not fond of it on it's own and usually take it with a shot of vanilla soy and it tastes great. My boss actually makes matcha shots for the staff to perk them up. Love the guy.

Try matcha with vanilla soy and a blueberry tea as a latte. It's really good.
            Go for the eyes!

Comment

Quoth ackmeow View Post
              Matcha is one of those you need a palate for. I'm not fond of it on it's own and usually take it with a shot of vanilla soy and it tastes great. My boss actually makes matcha shots for the staff to perk them up. Love the guy.

Try matcha with vanilla soy and a blueberry tea as a latte. It's really good.
              I'll give it a shot, thanks. Can't remember what it was blended in the first time; one of our store's standard drinks, that's all I know for sure.

"Blueberry tea" ... ... last time I had that it was standard orange pekoe with blueberry liqueur.

Comment

I tried English Breakfast, and even when I made it with milk and dumped it full of sugar it tasted like shit.

Comment

I get the equivalent of this at my bar fairly frequently. And by "fairly frequently" I mean that I get one or both of these just about every single day.

RUM VERSION

SC: "May I see the rum list?"
                  JESTER: "Sure! Here ya go...we have over 150 rums, so if you need any help, just let me know!"
                  SC: (after perusing the rum list for a few minutes) "I'll just have a Bacardi and Coke."

BEER VERSION

SC: "What kinds of beers do you have?"
                  JESTER: "We have quite a few. We have 18 on draft, several more in bottles, and here's our beer menu."
                  SC: "Ya know what? Give me a Bud Light."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

That...is sad, Jester. Seriously SAD. People go all the way to the Keys and they don't even bother to EXPERIMENT?! UGH.

I like English Breakfast. It wakes me up when I don't have access to a coffee maker. And I tend to drink it straight.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

My equivalent is people preferring our frozen, out-of-a-box pretzels to the ones baked fresh from dough 10 yards from our door at the pretzel place who, you know, specializes in pretzels.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

There's a bar/coffee-shop I go to, and I always ask to see the tea menu, and I always end up getting Tuareg tea.
                        There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          My equivalent is people preferring our frozen, out-of-a-box pretzels to the ones baked fresh from dough 10 yards from our door at the pretzel place who, you know, specializes in pretzels.
                          But... but... butbutbut PRETZELS!
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Orange Pekoe is a grade of really high-quality tea, isn't it? Rather than a specific blend or type?

I did loads of research on tea making and types and such, but then I mullered it around to form a tea market for my worldbuilding project so it probably resembles little of the real world any more XD

I know people who refuse to drink tea made with standard teabags because they're filled with fannings or dust, i.e. the lowest level of tea quality. There's a tea shop in Winchester, Char, that sells loads of amazing stuff that said friends will happily spend £60-70 in at a time. They swear by their sieve globes to make a brew ^^
                            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Kereminde View Post
                              At a tea store in a mall I worked at . . . it may be the same chain, but no names . . . I tried some rather expensive white tea one day from samples being offered. It tasted like slightly different water, rather than something I could identify as "tea".
                              I've always found that white tea tastes fuzzy to me(yes, that's weird. There are also a few things that smell cold to me.). And it doesn't have much aroma so I let it pass.

I've come to really enjoy Earl Grey, but the tea store I go to stopped carrying decaf a while back, and when I've trid to buy on line I've not liked it much.
                              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                                Forgot rule #1 didn't you?
                                Yes, I did.
                                Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                                Were you drinking tea at that moment?
                                Yes, green.
                                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                                X