Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMGWTFBBQ I RAN OUT OF THE ELIXER OF LIFE!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mhkohne View Post

I've come to really enjoy Earl Grey, but the tea store I go to stopped carrying decaf a while back, and when I've trid to buy on line I've not liked it much.
    I don't know about the English Breakfast I haven't tried it but Earl Grey is downright nasty. YUCK.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      I don't know about the English Breakfast I haven't tried it but Earl Grey is downright nasty. YUCK.
      I'm not fond of it either, but my employer carries an Earl Grey Creme (the secret is, I believe, the addition of vanilla) and it smells as though it might actually be pretty good. Must admit I haven't yet tried it, tho.

Comment

Oh it's good. Try mixing that with the almond black with a touch of milk
        Go for the eyes!

Comment

I've had many teas in my day but... Tibetan Butter Tea. Even thinking of having another cup of that makes me queasy.

Comment

I quite like Earl Grey BUT it does need to be a good brand like Twinings otherwise the bergamot overtones (which, to me, set it apart) can be lost very quickly.
            Last edited by dawnfire; 12-14-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
              Orange Pekoe is a grade of really high-quality tea, isn't it? Rather than a specific blend or type?

I did loads of research on tea making and types and such, but then I mullered it around to form a tea market for my worldbuilding project so it probably resembles little of the real world any more XD

I know people who refuse to drink tea made with standard teabags because they're filled with fannings or dust, i.e. the lowest level of tea quality. There's a tea shop in Winchester, Char, that sells loads of amazing stuff that said friends will happily spend £60-70 in at a time. They swear by their sieve globes to make a brew ^^
              See, that's just it. From what I recall reading, "Orange Pekoe" and whatever are not necessarily "best" or something, it's how it's processed and what goes into the bag or the blend you use.

The dust almost always is quite bitter, which is why if I buy the tea bags from the grocery store? I shake them. There's a small cloud of dust but the dust then doesn't become sediment which clouds my tea. I . . . would say how I make my tea for everyday consumption but that might get to fratching about how I mistreat it.

Quoth mhkohne View Post
              I've always found that white tea tastes fuzzy to me(yes, that's weird. There are also a few things that smell cold to me.).
              I can smell winter weather, so I know what you mean. I grew up in north-east Ohio, I got to know from the way air . . . smelled, and tasted whether snow was on the way. This is an important talent when you're growing up and don't have a car. Or, mind you, if you drive in northeastern Ohio - snow can be a doozy.

Comment

I like tea. I keep buying new varieties just to try, and I'm running out of room, lol. I'm not sure I have a favorite, flavor wise, but I love the scent of snow geisha. I also tend towards white teas, but enjoy greens and blacks too. Just, pay no mind to the amount of honey I add...

Comment

Quoth Kereminde View Post
                  I can smell winter weather, so I know what you mean. I grew up in north-east Ohio, I got to know from the way air . . . smelled, and tasted whether snow was on the way. This is an important talent when you're growing up and don't have a car. Or, mind you, if you drive in northeastern Ohio - snow can be a doozy.
                  Same here (WNY )
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
                    I like tea. I keep buying new varieties just to try, and I'm running out of room, lol. I'm not sure I have a favorite, flavor wise, but I love the scent of snow geisha. I also tend towards white teas, but enjoy greens and blacks too. Just, pay no mind to the amount of honey I add...
                    My wife and I used to be like this, collecting teas that sounded interesting. When we got married we had to combine the tea piles, and we've gotten it down to one double length shelf in a cupboard after two years... So much tea.

My wife prefers greens and herbals (yet she can't taste any spices in tea, its wierd)

I myself prefer blacks. So at least we don't argue over who owns which ones.

Comment

Earl Grey is legit the best, second only to Lady Grey which is the same but with added lemon/orange!

I drink my tea black.* Maybe that's the difference. I think it would taste boke** with milk.

*Haha, okay, my tea drinking is a running joke in my circle of friends because I take my tea super weak. Like the tea leaves are in the cup for less than 30sec. I'm pretty much drinking hot water that smells a bit different.

**Is boke a word you guys use? I think it may be a Scottish thing. "It gives me the boke" is "That makes me dry-retch"

Comment

Having her wanting to talk to someone higher up isn't going to make what she wants get there any quicker.

Comment

Bit of an update on English Breakfast Quality:

The reason why there was so much stigma against it was that it -was- the lowest quality tea we had, it was sold everywhere and they didn't like the flavour. For lack of a better explanation, they didn't like it because it was commonplace and they didn't like the flavour too.
                          Last edited by ackmeow; 12-22-2012, 11:57 PM.
                          Go for the eyes!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I get the equivalent of this at my bar fairly frequently. And by "fairly frequently" I mean that I get one or both of these just about every single day.

RUM VERSION

SC: "May I see the rum list?"
                            JESTER: "Sure! Here ya go...we have over 150 rums, so if you need any help, just let me know!"
                            SC: (after perusing the rum list for a few minutes) "I'll just have a Bacardi and Coke."

BEER VERSION

SC: "What kinds of beers do you have?"
                            JESTER: "We have quite a few. We have 18 on draft, several more in bottles, and here's our beer menu."
                            SC: "Ya know what? Give me a Bud Light."
                            Okay, out of curiosity, what does your bar have in the way of non-alcoholic beverages? If it is a long list, a top choices would be fine.

Comment

I actually have a couple ounces of a tea called "Peach Tranquility" that was about $6.50 for two ounces sitting on my desk in front of me. If you look at it you can see the chunks of dried peach and other bits.

I've had it for about a week or two, but haven't tried it.

Why?

'Cos I'm putting it into heating pads I'm making so when my friends and family heat them up they'll smell really good. You should've seen the look on the tea expert's face when I asked about teas solely for the smell, and the additional expression when I explained why I wanted it.

Might go back to buy more to make some of the tea though, it smells sooooo good. I love the tea shop I got it from (it's a chain: Tea + Nirvana - Nir = shop name ^_^)
                              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

We've had people do exactly that. As an off note, one of the teas, known as Strawberry Lemonade is a nice (But expensive) snack. I munch on it occasionally, Especially when I haven't had lunch at work.
                                Go for the eyes!

Comment

Working...
                                X