This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth corwin02 View Post
    Well mental issues aside my point is , you pay lets say 100 bucks a month for said storage , hence in 2 years or so you have paid 2400 bucks , and the stuff you kept in there has depreciated and or deteriorated and is probably not worth anything anymore (save maybe some sentimental value). I would just throw it out and buy new if I ever needed it (2400 bucks buys a lot of new stuff).
    As I said, things you don't use, or use only every several years, I agree. Or things not worth much. But something like camping (assuming here the type camper who has the big tents, campstoves, backpacks, and all sorts of extra gear, especially for a family), and who uses it several times a year, then I could see it being worth it to someone who really enjoyed the camping (or other expensive hobby), still cheaper than getting a bigger house. Or maybe one of those people you see on TV who need a storage unit just to keep the yearly Christmas lights in, the ones who go so nuts they show their houses on TV - even if they got a bigger house, they'd still need a storage unit cause then they'd need more lights to decorate the bigger house...

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Silvercat View Post
      I think the majority of storage units are climate controlled or at least well protected from the elements (so the temperature might change, but it's not going to get wet or dirty), at least in California.
      Most units are not climate controlled. You have to pay extra to get those units (which usually have the doors indoors). I had one because I kept my comic book collection in there.

Re the Xmas stuff; that's also what I kept in my locker while I had one.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
      X