This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Brian Michael Bendis;

THANK YOU for being so cool about letting me take a moment of your time to meet you before the Powers 10th Anniversary Panel at the Baltimore Comic-Con today! After missing out on the chance to meet you last year due to the excessively long line at your booth, it was nice to finally have the chance to thank you personally for your excellent writing on Powers.

Thanks also for the great news about the launch of the upcoming 3rd volume of the series, and the TV adaptation in development with the FX Network!

--A Very Happy Powers Fan!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Michael Avon Oeming;

Even though I had met you last year at the 2008 Baltimore Comic-Con, it was a pleasure to once again have the opportunity to talk to you and let you know how much I appreciate the hard work you put in drawing every issue of Powers. You and Bendis have created what is, for my money, the best comic being published today and I can't get enough of it! Here's to another 10 years!

Until Detective Christian Walker hangs up his badge for good, make mine Powers!

--An EXTREMELY Happy Powers Fan!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 10-11-2009, 04:38 AM.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

• Rummy,

*hugs you*

--RP
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Dear Becks, ana, and RP,

Thank you for the hugs. I really needed them.

I do try. I've been helping Mr. Rum sorting laundry into whites and colors. And whilst helping him, Child Rum is running wild, finding all sorts of things/places to get into/cause a ruckus/mess more things up. I don't like relying on my parents to watch her as they watch their other granddaughter Monday to Friday from roughly 7 AM until 7 PM (sometimes that long, sometimes shorter), Monday to Friday. And then to have them watch a child who is all over the place at once? My parents are in their 60's and I worry about them.

So I have to stop helping Mr. Rum and then he gets mad.

What am I supposed to do? I can't tether her to me. She hates helping out to work. She'll help out for a minute and then she wants to do something else. And then Mr. Rum gets mad. I get mad at him for getting mad and we're both yelling at Child Rum.

My mother has actually acknowledged that I probably have depression (after years of me telling her this).

I told my mom that if I had the money, and a place to run to, I'd take Child Rum and leave. Just leave. Mr. Rum doesn't need a wife, he needs a work horse.

Yes, I know I'm a SAHM. I'm a housewife. I'm supposed to be cleaning at least a half to a full room a day, making the house nice and inviting. Making sure we can have the whole dining room table to eat at. Stuff like that. We're lucky we have 3 spots at the dining room table to put our plates/cups/utensils down on. I know it's the depression. I just have no desire to do anything. None. Zip. Nada. I might throw away some garbage off the table, move some books around, put away toys in Child Rum's room, and then I call it a day. I might even wipe down the half bath on the main floor with some disinfecting Clorox wipes and swipe the toilet bowl. Then I'm either watching TV, on the computer, or sleeping. I sleep a lot during the day when Child Rum's at school.

*sigh*
        Rummy

Comment

• Dearest Rummy,

Please Please Please when you go back to the doc again, talk to them about this. Tell them what you have told us here. It's very important. I live with depression too. IT SUCKS BIG GREEN DONKEY @#$%$# ! ! ! ! But you can get help for it. It will make it better for you. It will make it better for Child Rum.

Worriedly,
          Pepper

Comment

• Dear Rum,

What Pepper said.

*hugs*

-TrailerParkMedic

Dear local area drivers,

Your vehicle has super advanced technology called turn signals. They are shiny and have bright lights and make a really cool clicking sound. You should try to use them sometime.

-TPM

Comment

• Dear Drivers Where trailerparkmedic Lives;

Turn signals: They're not just for intelligent people anymore!

That is all.

--Jack

------------------------------------------------------

Dear MFX Warehouse/Millennium FX;

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! My Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver prop replica showed up today!!!!! To borrow a phrase from the 9th Doctor, it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

LOADS of love for you blokes over there in the UK!

--One Extremely Happy Doctor Who Fan!
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

• Dear Shpepper and TrailerParkMedic,

Thank you. I have to make a doctor's appointment anyway to get more refills on my Lexapro - I might have to talk to him about it.

I also went to the Caregivers Support Group at a local Catholic Church. I'm planning on going again next month. They are so understanding! Also, Child Rum's teacher wants to start a support group with the parents of the children in her class.

Talking to people who understand ... that helps ... a lot.

Hopefully,
                Rummy

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

I'm glad to hear that you are getting your meds fixed. Lexapro is a good one. I use it from time to time myself. I can't do it all the time though.

YAY for the support Groups too. All the help you can get is just what you need. Lots of it. And we are here too. Remember that. We are here. PM anytime. i am on weird hours but will always answer.

Huggeseseseses

Pepper

Comment

• Dear Shpepper,

Thank you. Just ... thank you.

What I really want/need, is someone, or many someones, listening to me. Not telling me that I'm doing x, y, and z wrong and that's why I'm crying in the corner of the living room as I'm picking up toys/trash/whatever. I just want that person, or people, to listen. Offer nothing more than their ear.

Does that make sense?

Lurv,
                    Rummy

Comment

• Dear Rummy

Yes, it totally makes sense. *HUGS*

Love
                      Rads

Dear Reseller Bitch

Die. Die in a fire. I personally believe that your rectal cavity should be thoroughly explored by a Ananas comosus liberally sprinkled with curry.

GRRR
                      Rads
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear Rads,

I you as much as I do Shpepper.

Now we all need to live in Virginia-land. *sniffles*

Rummy

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

YES ! ! !

Offering an earingly,

Pepper

Comment

• Dear Shpepper,

Thank you for the ear. Not sure what I'm going to do with it as I've got 2 already.

Ahem ... it's late, I haven't taken a nap today ... what do you expect?

Rummy

Comment

• Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                              Dear Shpepper,

Thank you for the ear. Not sure what I'm going to do with it as I've got 2 already.

Ahem ... it's late, I haven't taken a nap today ... what do you expect?

Rummy
                              Rummy and Shpepper,

Thanks for the .

--RP

Dear Rummy,

*offers fourth ear*

In all seriousness, you cam PM me and I'll listen.

--RP

Dear brain,

That picture did not include Mickey Mouse ears. Really.

--RP

Dear nasty storm,

Thank you for going away.

--RP
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

But what if you need a spare?

Still offeringly,

Pepper

Dear RP,

How do you know? Maybe it did?

Wonderingly,

Pepper

Comment

Working...
                                X