This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    Right. He was killed at Demon's Run, but Vastra brought him back to life. His brains are a bit more scrambled even for a Sontaran. I love his dynamic, too. Makes the show very interesting.
    Strax didn't die. He just fainted.

How do you figure that?
    Watch "The Time of the Doctor" again and listen to Tasha Lem's dialog. Every one of her lines could easily have been spoken by River Song. She's a capable female paramour of the Doctor's, and she's capable of piloting the TARDIS. She's basically River Song in all but name.

I'm not too happy with Clara's reaction to this. She knows all about the Doctor's regeneration process and she's been watching the Doctor for centuries through all his regenerations. So her reaction to 12 doesn't make any sense to me, and I think she's being rather pissy about the whole thing. A shame, I actually like Clara (but I miss Amy and Rory).
    We don't know how many of Clara's multitude of lives she remembers. She was aware of them while she was still in the Doctor's timestream at Trenzalore in his grave, but who's to say she remembers them after she got out of it.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm not too happy with Clara's reaction to this. She knows all about the Doctor's regeneration process and she's been watching the Doctor for centuries through all his regenerations. So her reaction to 12 doesn't make any sense to me, and I think she's being rather pissy about the whole thing. A shame, I actually like Clara (but I miss Amy and Rory).
      Well, even if she knows all that, which Doctor does she actually know and is majorly involved in? Most of the others, we got the impression that she was just a passing moment in his story. But 11, now, he was her friend. And now he's gone. True, not really dead, as the Doctor is still there, but everything that made him the man she thought of when the name is mentioned is gone. Replaced by somebody who couldn't even keep her straight for a while.

Wouldn't you be in a mourning period?
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

And an interesting review and thread discussion from Howard Taylor:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog...#disqus_thread
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Random observation that just now hit me.

Back during "A Good Man Goes to War," Rory goes to try to pick up River from the Stormcage Prison, and we get this conversation.

Rory: Rory: I've come from the Doctor too.
          River: Yes, but at a different point in time.
          Rory: Unless there's two of them.
          River: Now... that's a whole different birthday.

When did we get two multiple Doctors? The 50th Anniversary Special, of course.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Has anyone given thought to the idea that Missy could be The Rani? That was my first thought.
            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

I didn't like the episode much. It felt like it was going nowhere. With 9, 10, and 11, you had an indication of their personalities before the show ended. Not with this one. We don't have a clue who this man is.

As usually, I really didn't like Clara. But then, the only two episodes she was good in were the ones before she became an official companion. She's kind of just along for the ride as an official companion and its frustrating.

Love the fact that Vastra and Jenni kissed. Great idea and probably a first too.

I'm not sure who Missy is, but I have a hunch she's the Tardis or River Song in a future form.

Comment

Everyone else has piped in on their theory about Missy, so I'm gonna pipe in on mine.

I don't believe it can be the Tardis. It would have referred to The Doctor as "my thief," or same variant thereof.

I don't believe it is River Song, either. She has many phrases for The Doctor--"my sweetie," "my husband," "my love," "my lover," my Doctor"--but "my boyfriend" has never, to my recall, been one of them.

It can't be Donna. Because, well, no. At best, she'd refer to him as "my spaceman." If she were being charitable.

It can't be Amy Pond. Rory is her boyfriend, lover, and husband, period.

It can't be Martha Jones. A brief crush does not a psycho girlfriend make. And it's just all wrong for her.

It can't be Tasha Lem. Too playful.

It can't be Captain Jack Harkness. Not playful enough. And no history there.

It can't be Madam Kevorian. Too positive, light, and non-evil or threatening.

That leaves to me only two possibilities, at least since the reboot (Nine on), as I am completely in the dark when it comes to the original series and the first Eight.

Possibility #1: It's Clara, in some form. "I'm not your boyfriend." "No, you're not." Methinks the lady doth protest too much. She clearly thought of Eleven as kinda her boyfriend. Otherwise, why would he mention it? Why would she so readily agree?

Now, that may be the most logical choice, but I don't think it's right. My theory is coming way out of left field. And may be a bit hard for some to swallow, but I'm gonna go with it anyway. And that is.....

Rose Tyler. Along with River Song, one of the two closest love interests The Doctor's had. Someone who could realistically refer to The Doctor as her boyfriend. Someone who was left with a clone of Ten to live with AS her boyfriend (presumably). Someone who could conceivably have gone crazy. Someone the show's writers bring back almost as often as the Daleks.

Short of some minor acquaintance, some cray cray villain, or someone from the original run, my money's on the chavette shop girl.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Very logically laid out.

I just seem to think it is someone new from his past that we have either not yet met, or have met but in a very peripheral way. I know the actress seems familiar for some reason.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Random observation that just now hit me.

Back during "A Good Man Goes to War," Rory goes to try to pick up River from the Stormcage Prison, and we get this conversation.

Rory: Rory: I've come from the Doctor too.
                    River: Yes, but at a different point in time.
                    Rory: Unless there's two of them.
                    River: Now... that's a whole different birthday.

When did we get two multiple Doctors? The 50th Anniversary Special, of course.
                    Jay, there was also this mini-episode. Two Elevens, what's more.

And I do agree with you that Tasha Lem is just River all over again.

I think Missy is/will be a dark version of the TARDIS, most likely influenced by the Time Lords, since I refuse to believe they will let the Doctor get away with his freebie new regenerations without extracting some sort of payment.
                    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                      Jay, there was also this mini-episode. Two Elevens, what's more.

And I do agree with you that Tasha Lem is just River all over again.

I think Missy is/will be a dark version of the TARDIS, most likely influenced by the Time Lords, since I refuse to believe they will let the Doctor get away with his freebie new regenerations without extracting some sort of payment.
                      Hm, a dark tardis ... now that is food for thought. She did somewhat remind me of The Doctor's Wife slightly. Though I really could see her as someone from his past, from Gallifrey when he was growing up. Sort of like the Master was apparently a school chum of his.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Why do you think it would be Rose Tyler? Rose was never this menacing and dangerous. Missy is both. The only one to come across that way is River Song.

Comment

We do not know she is dangerous. She was only menacing to the robot man.

That aside, what would make you say Rose was never menacing or dangerous? She was both, and had the potential to be both, especially if she felt someone she loved was in danger. Like, say, The Doctor.

She's the only Companion (in the new show) that I've seen actually scare The Doctor.

Now, if you still don't believe Rose Tyler was ever menacing or dangerous....ask some Daleks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Can't remember her name at the moment, but what about Missy as being The Master's wife?

Also, I'm glad that we don't really know who the Twelfth Doctor is yet.

9, 10 and 11 were too convenient in my eyes. A lot of the classic run, we were still finding out who the new incarnation was after several episodes.

Comment

Quoth retro View Post
                              Can't remember her name at the moment, but what about Missy as being The Master's wife?

Also, I'm glad that we don't really know who the Twelfth Doctor is yet.

9, 10 and 11 were too convenient in my eyes. A lot of the classic run, we were still finding out who the new incarnation was after several episodes.
                              I don't think so, she was an earth woman - I don't see her as Missy. I could see The Master as Missy, after all back in The Doctor's Wife the Doctor mentioned that some time lords flipped genders occasionally, like the one with the Oubouros snake tattoo.

Comment

I'm getting closer to being done here. How do you make a Dalek episode that boring? >.<
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X