Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knees felt pretty good today, so I figured I'd test them with six times on the hill. One hour 29 minutes, 1003 calories, and it claims my max pulse rate was about 202. That last part is the bit I don't actually believe

Rapscallion

Comment

• Did back and biceps last night - ooooh the muscles are rather stiff now...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Knees officially didn't like that one...

Rapscallion

Comment

• Wii Fit age 34. Back down to the weight I was this time last week.

Comment

• Three times on the hill of doom. 44 minutes, 544 calories, max pulse 174.

Second time going up, since I was short of time to exercise, I started to run. Uphill.

I reckon I did that for about fifty yards on the second and third ascents. Yes, the vison began to dim, and the pulse shot up, but it was a more strenuous workout.

May be doing that more often uphill, for short bursts, but not downhill due to stress on knees.

Rapscallion

Comment

• I picked up the Biggest Loser: Yoga DVD. I think I'll do the yoga thing every other day (and while my feet heel up from wearing new shoes that are cutting into my feet ).

Comment

• Rummy, I have that DVD! LOVE IT!!! I do it every other day as well. My favorite part is the cool down, Bob puts you in corpse pose, which is just a fancy way of saying you're lying prostrate on your back and doing deep breathing. Love it.

I will say this, it's TOUGH for a Yoga DVD, but it's very detailed, and works all the different muscles. Since starting it, I've had almost no back pain waking up in the mornings like I usually do. It's wonderful.

I'm going to go for my evening walk after I eat dinner. either that, or maybe the yoga DVD, now that it's in my head. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

Comment

• Well, I hit the gym today for the first time in forever. The tread climber is the devil, but I will continue to use it three times a week. I did a combined 40 minutes and a mile and a half between a regular treadmill and a tread climber.

It burns it burns!

Comment

• I think this thread is more about exercise, but I wanted to tell everyone that I've been on MediFast for a while, under my doctor's supervision.

It's a bit like Nutrisystem since there's prepackaged meals, and yes, it does get expensive. However, putting so much money into it was exactly the motivator I needed!

I've been doing yoga (LOVE it), and going for a walk/jog at lunch 4-5 times a week. I've lost over 17 pounds since May 7th!!!! (Before you at me, my doctor said it's ok...it's normal to lose a LOT at first, but unhealthy after that. I'm aiming for 2 pounds a week).
                    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

• Four times on the hill, running a certain stretch every time (about 75 yards uphill at the bottom of it), 781 calories and shaved a couple of minutes off my normal time.

Sweating like you wouldn't believe right now. Maxed my pulse at 177 bpm.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Four times this morning, 59 minutes, ran a third or so of the hill each time, much cooler, and 694 calories. WTF? Cooler weather means I lose a hundred calories fewer? Max pulse 171. May have something to do with it.

My knees officially like me right now.

Weighed self this morning, as I've been 17st 7lb for about three weeks - was 17st 4lb a few weeks back before a weekend of takeaways and cookies. This morning, 17st 5lbs. Suspect a lot of that is dehydration - spent much of last night trying to sleep and sweating buckets.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Long time lurker, sometimes poster...

I've lost weight. I'm down to the best weight I had with Weight Watchers, and my work pants are about ready to slide off my hips.

My secret? I don't really have one, except lay off the soda. Somedays, I barely drink half a can, some days, I drink maybe 2. I just don't beat myself up over it. And I eat eggs for breakfast 5 days a week. That works.
                          Last edited by Bella_Vixen; 06-04-2009, 04:13 AM.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                            My secret? I don't really have one, except lay off the soda.
                            My wife's been losing just under 0.9kg (around 2 pounds) a month by cutting her iced coffee intake in half. We used to buy 2 liters a week, now we buy 1. (we're in the only place in the world where a milk drink outsells Coca Cola)

Comment

• Wii Fit age 31.

Comment

• This week hasn't been that good, eating "bad", no exercise (still have a blister the size of Ohio ).

I think I'll just hide now.

Comment

Working...
                                X