Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • drunkenwildmage
    replied
    Quoth Ceir View Post
    'nother TV thought. If I'm just using it for background noise, there are 5-6 channels I typically bounce between. How is it that all six of them are all simultaneously on commercial so dang often?
    Allot of Broadcasters follow the same, or similar broadcast clock As it was explained to me when I took broadcasting classes in 90s, they like to show the commercials on the same cycles to prevent people from turning from their channel to another one that isn't running any commercials. So having 6 channels on commercial at the same time isn't necessary condolence, but somewhat planned out. The only exception I'm aware of is live Sporting Events, as they try to cram in commercials while there are breaks in the action.





    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_clock

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    Quoth Ceir View Post
    'nother TV thought. If I'm just using it for background noise, there are 5-6 channels I typically bounce between. How is it that all six of them are all simultaneously on commercial so dang often?
    They synchronize automatically, just like a bunch of metronomes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ceir
    replied
    'nother TV thought. If I'm just using it for background noise, there are 5-6 channels I typically bounce between. How is it that all six of them are all simultaneously on commercial so dang often?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kit-Ginevra
    replied
    Quoth Ceir View Post
    Bah weep granah, weep ninibong!
    Erm... she's malfunctioning again! Someone press the reset button to return to Human English settings

    Leave a comment:


  • Ceir
    replied
    Bah weep granah, weep ninibong!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dreamstalker
    replied
    One of the actors thought the prohibition was a load of hooey, so violated it in rehearsals as often as they could...luckily the production itself went decently. While things did go wrong, the errors weren't dangerous or obvious from the audience and could be worked around (maybe we learned from the rehearsals). The final round of dress rehearsals though...yeesh. Plenty of "That wasn't supposed to happen" and a couple minor injuries on the crew side of things (irritatingly, the actor responsible didn't even miss a cue...we were all hoping something truly odd would happen to them and them alone).

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay 2K Winger
    replied
    Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    I thought the prohibition on using the title was only for theater pwoplw? I'm not one so I think I can use it. I have seen stage peoductions 4 times and wvery movie there is 👍
    The prohibition comes from speaking the name of the play inside the theater. Specifically when referring to the play, not to the character himself as when one is rehearsing/performing in the play.

    Wikipedia offers a little more information.

    Leave a comment:


  • drunkenwildmage
    replied
    Today's one of those days that I've been busy as soon as I walk through the door, but somehow manage to accomplish nothing, because all I've been doing is talking to people.
    Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 08-25-2021, 08:00 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pixelated
    replied
    Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I just ran across a post on social media wherein someone mentioned she used to use some body lotion on her face for many years and it made her face super soft and plump. Then someone told her that you aren't supposed to use body lotion; you need to use facial products. I understand that if it had been causing her a problem, but just the opposite was happening. She now uses some kind of facial moisturizer which she says is OK but not like the former stuff. I'll never understand taking bad advice in regard to some "rule" when what you're already doing is working really well. Well, she can do what she wants but I don't get it.
    Because ... her face isn't part of her body, I guess ... ?

    That is not necessarily the dumbest thing I've ever read, but it's definitely in the running. Sounds like that "someone" has been paying way too much attention to advertisements.

    Leave a comment:


  • AnaKhouri
    replied
    I thought the prohibition on using the title was only for theater pwoplw? I'm not one so I think I can use it. I have seen stage peoductions 4 times and wvery movie there is 👍

    Leave a comment:


  • Dreamstalker
    replied
    I ran crew for a college production of same...things went wrong that logically should not have. The actors wanted to blame it on the theater's resident ghost; she could be playful bordering on annoying, but not malicious.

    Leave a comment:


  • csquared
    replied
    There is a reason that no one does The Scottish play.

    Leave a comment:


  • AnaKhouri
    replied
    The Alabama Shakespeare Festival is doing Macbeth next year!

    It's been so long since I saw a stage production of Macbeth 🥺

    Let's hope this state either gets its shit together or little kids can get vaccinated before then.

    Leave a comment:


  • Food Lady
    replied
    I just ran across a post on social media wherein someone mentioned she used to use some body lotion on her face for many years and it made her face super soft and plump. Then someone told her that you aren't supposed to use body lotion; you need to use facial products. I understand that if it had been causing her a problem, but just the opposite was happening. She now uses some kind of facial moisturizer which she says is OK but not like the former stuff. I'll never understand taking bad advice in regard to some "rule" when what you're already doing is working really well. Well, she can do what she wants but I don't get it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kit-Ginevra
    replied
    Nope,you're a smeghead yourself

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X