Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printed the lables last night. It looks like I'll kill off Mrs. TGK's stock of cards this year. I plan to send mine out on Black Friday along with gifts that need to be shipped.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Got Monica's card today. Almost lost it cuz it fell as I was pulling the mail out of the box. It was dark out and I barely heard it hit the ground...

Edit: Did the address for Plaidman's mom go out?
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-11-2011, 12:33 AM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I want an opinion. I was going to write a small blessing that is not a blessing on the inside of each card. "May you be blessed with health, wealth and happiness this holiday season and next year" or words to that effect. What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Change the wording to omit the word "blessed"?
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• I am ok with that

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Got Monica's card today. Almost lost it cuz it fell as I was pulling the mail out of the box. It was dark out and I barely heard it hit the ground...

Edit: Did the address for Plaidman's mom go out?
            if this helps to know

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
            Still working on the details for Momma Plaid. I hope to have a response by this weekend.

Comment

• Quoth Midnight12 View Post
              if this helps to know
              Oh, ok. Thanks, I guess I missed a page in there.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Yay! First card! Woot!
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

• Quoth ralerin View Post
                  Yay or nay? Change the wording to omit the word "blessed"?
                  I see no reason to change it.

I have always used the word "blessed" or "blessings" in my cards.

I had never considered that my good will toward another might be seen as offensive, but I have no intention of changing it.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• There was a thread about a couple weeks ago in which people were discussing how offensive it was to be "blessed" by customers. Some were against, some were for. Just not sure if I -should- omit it or not for fear of turning up a potential bee's nest.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• Yay I bought my cards, and I have quilted ornaments I can send with them *happy dance*
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth ralerin View Post
                        Just not sure if I -should- omit it or not for fear of turning up a potential bee's nest.
                        I would think you should just suit yourself on that issue.
                        I would hate to see something that is done as goodwill among the members turn into a "fratching" type discussion.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I am an Atheist and I do not take any offense to the word Blessed, I would put whatever you want as long as it not an expletive or threatening..

I posted a thread on how a customer got upset when I didn't say God Bless You back to her and called and complained.
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

• Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                            I would put whatever you want as long as it not an expletive or threatening..
                            Crap, now I have to throw away those "Have a merry f**king Christmas or I'll kick your ass" cards.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
                              Crap, now I have to throw away those "Have a merry f**king Christmas or I'll kick your ass" cards.
                              Depending on the f**kee the kicking may be preferable.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I'll include the blessing.

Oooh, quilted ornament! I love the idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X