Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
    I am an Atheist and I do not take any offense to the word Blessed, I would put whatever you want as long as it not an expletive or threatening..
    Me too. I've seen the gamut of holiday greetings in the 4 years or so I've been doing this, from religious to totally generic holiday to the Flying Spaghetti Monster (wrapped in Christmas lights! ) Never seen anything that offended me.

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
    I posted a thread on how a customer got upset when I didn't say God Bless You back to her and called and complained.
    I never say God Bless You, even to people I care about. Never quite understood why it's my responsibility to comment on other people's involuntary reflexes.

Quoth MadMike View Post
    Crap, now I have to throw away those "Have a merry f**king Christmas or I'll kick your ass" cards.
    I would put that one front and center on my shelf.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
      Crap, now I have to throw away those "Have a merry f**king Christmas or I'll kick your ass" cards.
      OMG Mike. I needed that laugh tonight.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Nooooo, I want one!!!
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I was a total nard and forgot it was Veteran's Day here in the US, so no mail or banks. And I need stamps to mail these. D'oh!
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• I need to start working on mine...

overtime is great if you survive to spend the money.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Hmm...I will need time to go to the Post Office during office hours to get the postage for my out-of-country cards...better do that very early next week.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Just mailed the international cards out today.
                "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• Hey Monica, I showed my roommate your card-turned-postcard; she really liked the idea and said she might do it herself.

Comment

• That's awesome! It's a way to save money, plus recycle old cards!
                    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• Well, depending on whether you get a card written by me or the hubs, either we call you naughty or nice or we ask if you are naughty or nice... assignment of naughty or nice was (mostly) random.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Mine are done. They'll go out this week.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

• My cards are signed and sealed but I won't be mailing them until December. Gotta get stamps, too.

Comment

Geez, I don't remember seeing those last January when I was re-stocking up at WM for half off. I guess they had just sold out.

Of course that would be an awesome card if it featured Beavis and Butt-Head.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Hopefully my international cards will go out before Thanksgiving.

The US cards will probably have to wait until after my exit exam on December 8th or 9th. They'll be there before Christmas.

Comment

• Woohoo cards are stencilled and just need to be addressed/written. Hopefully I can get a funky coloured pen around here somewhere to write the insides
                                "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Working...
                                X