Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get out the 2x4s...(major issues, possibly nsfw)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the present time I'm about 40-50 cents away from bus fare, and things may be looking up soon. Maybe.

Fiance has applied and taken a test for a promotion which would mean an extra $4 per hour, and has secured (permanently, if he gets the promotion) a car from a friend due to a combo of the sister taking the other car out and it breaking down and oil problems and such.

Her bright idea was to get a loan on the "broken" car and let it go. Naturally to get her things out of the pawn shop and such. Makes sense until you remember, she likes to go places and often leaves Al to find his own way to work, or back home.

Al's fighting this and for now the "broken" car is sitting outside, until such time as we can get the tires and oil and inspection fixed.

She fits all the measures of an abuser and told me some ominous words the other day, "She (her mother) will never drive again." Currently the mother is doing light yoga while I watch the toddler, so she will be able to drive (lack of leg strength). At least until Al gets HIS license.

It feels like a pirate ship around here, quite honestly, with mutiny in the works.

Not to say that I am not preparing for leaving, because I am.

Just yesterday, her latest doofus was dropped off at the Salvation Army. Looked nice to me, felt cool, and they had an open thing of bread (and cake for some reason) that was out of date, but still looked good.

Less than a month to go until my classes start, too. Al's promised (and I believe him) to buy me a monthly bus pass should he get this promotion, which would help if the Sister decides to be vindictive.

I just don't get her. She hates when anyone else gets anything but won't work to get them herself, won't stop going on about having to give up HER things, NEEDS a man around, and is eagerly trying to mark the new car (her "dream" car) as hers.

And whenever I bring that last one up, Al always says, "That's a great big plate of nope."

And lastly, I pulled a tarot card or two out the other day and one that struck me was the Four of Swords, which tells me I'm being calm in the face of danger. Waiting.

Thanks for listening to THAT ramble.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
      I just don't get her. She hates when anyone else gets anything but won't work to get them herself, won't stop going on about having to give up HER things, NEEDS a man around, and is eagerly trying to mark the new car (her "dream" car) as hers.
      I have the same with a number of my friends and even closer connections - we tend to call them Vampires because of it. They don't want to do the work to lay the groundwork for their dreams so try to feast of off other peoples. Sometimes they aren't capable of doing the work and sometimes they are lazy.

Sometimes its also a control thing - like leaving her brother stranded as she has the only working car available. I'm seeing this one a lot lately but managing to see the 'box' forming and dodge out of the way or cut through its wall without letting that person have any fun or much control over me. Admittedly I did go a bit annoyed last night when one house member was reminding me every 20 minutes that I still hadn't finished the gardening and the stuff was still out - ended up doing the gardening instead of blowing up at him!
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• I think laziness is her thing. She has had several bad encounters and has made very poor choices (this latest guy is the third stalkerish type she has had, claims to not want to speak to him, but will scream obscenities at him for an hour or so until she gets tired of him), and as a result seems to feel that EVERYONE owes her everything.

That's been inflated since she got pregnant. Majorly.
        Last edited by Tama; 07-22-2013, 12:19 AM.
        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Very good news today.

AL GOT THE PROMOTION!

Due to how secret he prefers I keep the name of this place and what he does in case they go looking for him, let's just say he is now the sort of guy who makes sure things look like they're supposed to.

Things can be looking up now. But I continue to save money, just in case there's a meltdown.

I actually went to get my ID and books today but, sadly, I misread the notice online and can't get my ID until after today. But I will be able to.
          Last edited by Tama; 07-26-2013, 02:48 AM.
          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• That's great news, I bet the morale in the house will pick up immensely. Good to hear something positive! Keep going on your project though. Hugs!
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

• Any updates on on your situation? It's been pretty quiet.

Comment

• I've been in college and all's been fairly quiet, actually.

It's been a bigger struggle with the homework than anything else, probably because the sister's pregnant and having, of course, a horrible pregnancy.

(Good guy teacher: Lets you redo a test. But makes you do everything in pen or it's instant rejection. :/ There's whiteout, but...urgh.)

Now I'm just waiting on the $700 or so from the disbursement.
                My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Bad news: My lack of emotion and interest in people/situations around me has caused Al and I to break it off.
                  Good news: After a single outburst, we talked like adults and decided that this is best. And we can remain friends. No FB drama or anything. No people going "OMG what happened?!?!"

This is a HUGE relief and I mentioned this next bit to him...I don't want to stay longterm, obviously. My plan is to chat with my aunt and uncle and see if I can move in with them.
                  I have been kind of afraid to talk to them for the same reason that I'm afraid to talk about things here, the feeling of failure. (One reason why I got disinterested, I was afraid of everything)

The plan is to move out after the sister's new baby is born. She's 32 weeks, so 2 months or less. Gives me time to prepare and NOT worry about how Al would react to my being gone. Just the sister.

I feel kind of bad, really. When it happened all I really felt was RELIEF...

More good news though. By getting a sticker on my school ID, I can get FREE BUS FARE.
                  Last edited by Tama; 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Although, I need to make sure dropping class =/= lost monies. I dropped a class that I meant to swap. But it's before the 'drop with refund' date so I SHOULD be fine.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Relief is fine hun. You are getting out of there with minimum stress and everything and amicably. Much better than it looked at the start.!
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Bast and I call the fear of screwing up 'the Mistake Police'.

Once you imagine these uniformed policemen coming up and arresting you for making a simple mistake - like, say, putting cumin in the stew instead of coriander - it becomes something you can laugh at.
                        Or at least, that works for us.

Look out! The Mistake Police will get you!
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

• Well, I had to withdraw from classes. Firstly, the flu (the lovely cold+stomach bug combo) hit the whole house, so I missed the first day of class and pretty much lost all hope of a ride (never got out to get the sticker); two, I have to watch the sister's kid.

I feel bad, but I dislike the job more and more. Maybe it's a lack of patience or maybe I'm an asshole, but I HATE young kids.

At least if I can move in with my aunt and uncle before fall classes start, I can conform to their (first shift) schedule instead of causing them heck trying to get me to my 'second shift' classes. Plus, their daughter'll be going to college at that point too, so it'd work.

Sigh.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Crap, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you and the fall semester. Hang in there!

Comment

• My aunt asked how classes were going and I had to tell her. I've got to say, it scared me to send that particular FB message, but I hit send with very little hesitation.

Maybe I am getting braver. I've been so afraid of everything but lately it seems that I've been growing a figurative pair.
                              Last edited by Tama; 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Good for you! I know how you feel: when I flunked out of Pharmacy Tech. last year and brother asked how exams had gone ... First time in my life I've flunked out of a program so yeah, it was a bit nerve-wracking. The only thing that made me able to go through with it was ... there was no way I could sustain a lie for any length of time, especially as I'd have to explain at some point why I was in school for a THIRD year, LOL. (Pharm. Tech. was two years and so is my current program.) He wasn't fazed, just reminding me that I really have to leave school someday and get back into the workforce ...

The only thing worse than relatives who don't understand you is relatives who understand you all too well.

Comment

Working...
                                X