This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Jester View Post
    Have you ever been to North Cuba...er, uh, Miami? Or Ratland...er, uh, Orlando? Or any part of northern Florida? Or hell, pick a part of Florida. It is not coincidence or elitism that makes most Keys residents feel that the Keys are separate from the rest of Florida.
    The last time I was in Florida was passing through Miami on my way back from Mexico.

I can't really judge the idiocy of Floridians based on that.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Yes. Yes you can.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
        Yes. Yes you can.
        I spent about two hours in Miami International Airport, most of which was going through customs, and then just sitting in the terminal waiting to board, during which I barely interacted with anyone.

But you live in that state. Marginally. So I'll accept that you probably know better than me.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
          Have you ever been to North Cuba...er, uh, Miami? Or Ratland...er, uh, Orlando? Or any part of northern Florida? Or hell, pick a part of Florida. It is not coincidence or elitism that makes most Keys residents feel that the Keys are separate from the rest of Florida.
          That's why you guys are the Conch Republic, right?
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            I spent about two hours in Miami International Airport, most of which was going through customs, and then just sitting in the terminal waiting to board, during which I barely interacted with anyone.
            I flew through Denver's old Stapleton Airport many times when I was younger.

I've always said I've never been to Colorado.

An airport is never representative of its city, let alone its state, especially one as large and populated as Florida.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            That's why you guys are the Conch Republic, right?
            Among many other reasons.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Any Update?
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• None yet. He hasn't spoken to me since, and his site's still broken
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• In this case no news really is good news. I'm glad that he seems to have quieted down. For now anyway. I know I don't post much, but I've been worried about you with this crazy guy out there.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• I feel sympathetic to your case and what has transpired. Now, I'm not even remotely familiar with US Law and Legislation, but I think that common-sense would tell me that you're legally in the right here.

I've been considering this particular industry as one of a few possible avenues of work, but after hearing about sagas like this, it starts to make me want to re-consider.

Best of luck, and I really hope that you get a win out of this.

Comment

• Common sense often has nothing to do with the legal system. Sometimes less than nothing.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                        Common sense often has nothing to do with the legal system. Sometimes less than nothing.
                        Usually they wave at each other as they go off to work in completely different directions. :P

Comment

• Quoth Null Requiem View Post
                          Usually they wave at each other flip each other off as they go off to work in completely different directions. :P
                          Fixed that for you.
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• As my late uncle the lawyer often told me, "There's the law, and then there's justice. And they are _not_ the same."

Comment

• I just won the chargeback case.

CC company is also now investigating and probably filing charges for financial fraud, although I won't hear what happens. I'm just happy that this is finally over, he can keep his darned site, I got my money back. And his website's already toast, barely any traffic and he lost almost all of his advertisers because of his actions. One of them actually contacted me personally, and showed me an email exchange where he asked why he was removed by them, and they flat out stated it was because he tried to scam me. He flipped out, of course, but.... I'm just happy I actually won.

The rep I spoke with was very surprised, and told me that 99% of cases like this go in the customer's favor. It as just very good that I had so much evidence against him.
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• Quoth Seraph View Post
                                The rep I spoke with was very surprised, and told me that 99% of cases like this go in the customer's favor. It as just very good that I had so much evidence against him.
                                well since normally the cases are decided in the customer's favor, your "enemy of normalcy" powers were a plus! yay Seraph!
                                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                                X