http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
    Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
      Bleh, you just had to ask didnt you!
      You just had to mention EVOLUTION!!!!

http://www.digitalunrestcomic.com/in...ate=2007-07-02

hehe

Now I have to go feed calves without spilling the bucket or dropping the bottles.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

As satisfying as it may be to yell pretend curses/spells at people who verbally attack us like the instances posted in this thread...

How does that make us, as pagans, a more respected and less feared members of society? How does that help the general public, fed fear and paranoia from the media and their own religions - realize that we are real people with love, feelings, and valid beliefs just as they have? How does that put an end to the persecution we face daily as a minority religion in this country? How does that open minds and hearts instead of solidifying their irrational fears with 30 seconds of laughter?

We (term used as pagans worldwide not anyone in particular) get so up in arms when any pagan religion is remotely attacked. But I very rarely see pagans trying to use understanding and love as a defense instead of fear/fun tactics. We, in my view, are merely aiding and abetting our own problems.

Just some thoughts to chew on.
        If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post

We (term used as pagans worldwide not anyone in particular) get so up in arms when any pagan religion is remotely attacked. But I very rarely see pagans trying to use understanding and love as a defense instead of fear/fun tactics. We, in my view, are merely aiding and abetting our own problems.
          Someone beat you to it.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
            How does that make us, as pagans, a more respected and less feared members of society? How does that help the general public, fed fear and paranoia from the media and their own religions - realize that we are real people with love, feelings, and valid beliefs just as they have? How does that put an end to the persecution we face daily as a minority religion in this country? How does that open minds and hearts instead of solidifying their irrational fears with 30 seconds of laughter?
            How can you hope to co-exist peacefully in the face of confusion & pointless misunderstanding with that rationale? It's no different than the Christians or Muslims in other countries. Religion is going to have it's downs and ups wherever it maybe. Just be glad you don't get killed for wearing a pentagram, or don't exist during a time when you could be accused of cannibalistic infanticide.
            Last edited by Hon'ya-chan; 07-11-2007, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
              As satisfying as it may be to yell pretend curses/spells at people who verbally attack us like the instances posted in this thread...

Just some thoughts to chew on.
              ill have to disagree with you on that, i am very active in my local pagan community and we use as much love understanding as we possibly can, along with an effort to teach the public about what paganisim is all about. i can say that it is hard for us not to be hateful and angry at the people who dislike paganisim instantly with out even giving it a thought that it may be something positive instead of the evil that people tend to think it is.

one of the rules of our group (the one that we have just for us not the ones around the county) is that we are not to speak ill of any other religon. it has become hard for me since i have a feeling that i have lost several jobs because of my beliefs, one i lost a few days after an article in the newspaper about our group haveing a big meet up with another from up north that i was interviewed for.

but i also have to say that not all pagans live by the harm none or 3 fold ideology either.
              "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

This discussion has ceased to be about SCs. It's in dangerous waters. Please re-rail the thread or a mod will close it.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                  How does that open minds and hearts instead of solidifying their irrational fears with 30 seconds of laughter?
                  As Raps pointed out, this thread is supposed to be about SCs.

SCs by their definition tend to be closeminded and, well, sucky idiots.

I know from personal experience that SCs will not listen to logic, valid points, alternate viewpoints, etc., but will merely bash that which they do not know, or that which is strange to them.

Now, I have in the past tried talking to people who were exhibiting this behavior, i.e., something along the lines of bashing Harry Potter for being the Devil's work without reading it. Generally speaking (there are of course always exceptions), the people who are going to engage in this kind of behavior are not going to listen to logic, rational comments, or reasonable dialogue, but instead are going to exhibit that SC behavior we all know and love.

As such, I see no problem in mocking them and playing on their fears to our hearts' content and making them look just as ridiculous as they really are. These are SCs, they suck, they are closeminded idiotic morons, and as such they not only deserve but have EARNED our scorn and mockery.

Am I a better person than that? Yes. Does that mean I am ALWAYS going to be a better person than that? No. Sometimes, I truly am going to sink down into juvenile behavior and have some fun with people who truly are imbeciles.

Sue me.

Oh, and by the way? Sometimes, just sometimes, when you treat ridiculous behavior with ridiculous behavior, the people being ridiculous in the first place (the SCs) may just see just how ridiculous, how idiotic, how moronic they are being. Sometimes over the top satire can be the way to open people's eyes to their own lame behavior. Seriously.
                  Last edited by Jester; 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

The guy has now taken to hanging around across from our store...
                    Not doing any thing weird, just smelling of booze and making balloon animals and hats for the kids.
                    Although...
                    He has dyed his hair lime green, I suppose to match his new bright orange suit.
                    He looks like a crazed Oompa Loompa now.
                    I'm very happy he declined the offer.

Comment

Quoth Blueberry View Post
                      He looks like a crazed Oompa Loompa now.
                      I dare you to go up to him and sing the Oompa Loompa Song. Or the Grunka Lunka Song from Futurama.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                        Oh, don't remind me. I still have to assemble my Bellatrix Lestrange Costume. Problem is, it shows too much clevage.

Suffice to say, he ain't gonna walk good for a while.
                        Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                        That's a problem?

</pervert mode>
                        Ahh.. you beat me to it! That was exactly the first thing that came to my mind! Heh. Sometimes, there's nothing wrong with a little extra cleavage

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        The best HP related clothing I've seen was a t-shirt that read "I made Myrtle Moan."
                        That is damn funny! If I ever see one, I may just buy one myself

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                        If you're letting your child read Harry Potter and haven't taught them the difference between fiction and reality, then that's a parenting problem, not a religious one.
                        *applauds* Exactly!

Quoth Blueberry View Post
                        The guy has now taken to hanging around across from our store...
                        Not doing any thing weird, just smelling of booze and making balloon animals and hats for the kids.
                        And people are letting their kids near this guy?

All I can say is that I am psyched that my HP book was pre-ordered a long time ago *can't wait!*
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

i wonder when the people who work at movie theaters are gonna come in on this thread about interesting things that have happend at the movie theaters.

i think the harry potter haters are probably the same ones who go around and stick christian pamphlets in the pagan books in the metephysics section of the book stores, we have had it happen here, so much so that the book store has told the regulars in that section that if we were to see it happening or find a pamphlet to let them know right away. since they have made that known it has not happend at least in the store that i go too.
                          "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

We don't have anything interesting going on. Other than earlier starts, later finishes and {DR Evil voice} TEN MILLION customers.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Only problem we ever had with Harry Potter in the theatres was kids who got more on the floor than in their mouths, and people staying through the whole credits for a 20 second scene, leaving us 10 minutes to clean a 400 seat theatre.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Going back (again) to my Video days, I remember when "Sorcerer's Stone" came out on DVD. I was unpacking the box and my manager is just standing there staring at me (we didn't get along, btw). Finally, I looked over at her and she had that little knowing smile on her face.

HER: You know, the Bible says wizards and magic are evil.
                                ME: No, actually, I'm not familiar with that verse.
                                HER: Well, you-
                                ME (waving my hand dismissively): Relax. I'm not into the whole Harry Potter thing.
                                HER: Oh. Well. Good girl.
                                ME:

I wasn't lying. The Harry Potter world had pretty much passed me by. Another girl I worked with had once told me she read the books, but I just shrugged. It seemed like just another lame kid's book/marketing ploy to me. Then, one fateful day, my SO rented it because she worked with kids and wanted to keep up with the latest BIG THING so she could talk more on their level. We watched it. The next day, we bought all the books (up to Goblet of Fire, which was the newest at that point).

Why oh why couldn't any kids' books have been this well written when I was a child? I gave up on them at the age of 9 when I ventured into the "grownup" books section of the library and met Mr's King, Crichton, and Tolkien.
                                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                                X