Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, talk about being late to the party!

Ok, here we go...

(Give me a few minutes, and I'll decide what my character looks like. For now, I'm just going to go with tall... it's a fantasy game, and I'd like to be tall.

I lay quietly on the cold stone table, motionless. I have little memory of anything up until this moment, and as I attempt to piece together what memories I *do* have, I realize I'm not alone.

Although I woke up with a loud gasp, I don't think it was noticed. I hear horrifying screaming coming from the other side of the room, it must have attracted all other attention. I hear other voices tending to the screaming female (I assume it's a female, anyway.) I am nude, and cold- I checked myself briefly for puncture or burn wounds, but found none. Have I been resurrected? It's possible, but who would do such a thing, and for what reason?

I lay back on the table and close my eyes- mostly- as I listen to what is going on around me. I hear a male voice, and it's coming closer. I've been noticed.
    Last edited by JuniorMintz; 11-01-2009, 10:59 PM.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• alright people I have more information on the room you are currently in...and this room is HUGE....its 60 feet wide and 80 feet long, and the ceiling is 10 feet high, and pretty much uniformly the same hieght.

the walls of this room are covered in mosaics that show various scenes of creatures that petrify their victims. The North wall show cockatrices, and basilisks. Gorgons decorate the east wall except for the south end, which shows a snake bodied medusa with four arms. The west wall shows five different variations of a medusa. The south wall west of the door is dominated by a huge and silvery spitting cobra, while the south wall east of the door shows a minotaur. Scrawled beneath this creature in common with charcoal, are the words "treasure scrolls restore flesh".

A series of pictures, drawn somewhat crudely with charcoal, decorates the bottom of the central human sized table in the room. The first picture shows an empty table, from the side, with flame and smoke rising from the braziers. The second picture depicts the same table, but with a statue (a person in a stiff pose, standing on a base) on it. In the final picture, the flames of the braziers are extinguished, and a person sits on the table with one hand braced on the table and the other hand at the figure's forehead.
      ETA: the characters will know of the power of these tables and know of the coals.
      Last edited by Sarlon; 11-01-2009, 10:19 PM. Reason: need to read ALL my notes before making posts ><
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
        I lay back on the table and close my eyes- mostly- as I listen to what is going on around me. I hear a male voice, and it's coming closer. I've been noticed.
        The voice reaches you as the Dwarf nears. In a more kindly tone than used previously, he asks, "Are you hurt? Do you need any help?"

Eric the Grey
        Anybody else feel like a Terminator? Only flesh can be sent through...
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

• text text text text text...

I lay quiet for another moment, uncertain of how to respond. The dwarf approaches, gripping what looks to be a scroll in one hand. I finally sit up- I am light headed and it is difficult to focus in the darkness. In as calm a manner as I can muster, I respond. "I... am uninjured, it would appear."

I offer no other information. It is not my intention to be rude, but I have no recollection of who he (or the screaming woman, or any of the other souls in this chamber) are, and thus it is best to not get too close-for now, anyway.

I step off the table, and my legs wobble beneath me. I quickly grab onto the table so as not to fall. As soon as I get my balance, I take a few steps and take a good look at the chamber itself. My hair is very long but tied back, and I make no effort to conceal my nakedness- in fact, if not for the cold I would hardly notice it. Even then, it seems warmer in here than it did a few moments ago. Among other things, I am looking for a reflective surface of some sort. Although I believe I am uninjured, I would still like to check myself over for any type of scars or markings- perhaps they will offer clues to my identity or how I ended up in this place to begin with.
          Last edited by JuniorMintz; 11-02-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I'm a thread killer.

Comment

• OOC: Naw just wasn't sure how to respond. I'll move it forward.

IC:
              "She's fine," I announce to the dwarf. "She's walking, she's talking, she's fine."

I wonder if my attitude has always been so impatient, or if this is just a side effect of my frustrations. The room has gotten warmer, but I still feel uncomfortable with my nakedness. It feels wrong not to be wearing something.

I look around the room at the images on the wall. Scary stuff. What I'm truly searching for is a something to cover myself with. I'm certainly not getting up until i can be better covered. As I search my eyes are drawn to the central table, and back to the images on the wall. Suddenly, it clicks in my brain. Another piece of knowledge I just know. Weird.

I snort out a little laugh then look at my 5 compatriots.

"I think we should set off soon. If you all don't mind. This room isn't exactly pleasant." I look between the two possible exits, unsure which way we should go.

"First, though, does anyone see anything I could cover myself with?" I offer what I'm hoping is a lovely smile. There's nothing to check my reflection in. "I seem to be a tad, protective of my unclothed form. So anyone see a sheet, or something?"

I keep leaning gently on my shield, trying to maintain a sliver of modesty.
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• "I don't mind," she replies quietly. "And if you do find something, can I use some of it too?" She's still huddled in a ball.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I pay no attention to the females who just spoke as I continue to look around the room. I probably appear dazed-no matter. Still, I try to tune everyone out for the time being as I focus on listening to the world outside this room. It's difficult- the voices in this room are echoing greatly.
                  la la la la la!

Comment

• Quoth JuniorMintz View Post

I'm a thread killer.
                    OOC: Not at all, I was just giving other's a chance to post and not running away with the game.

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                    "I... am uninjured, it would appear."
                    The dwarf nods and turns respectfully awy from the elf in time to hear:

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                    IC:
                    "She's fine," I announce to the dwarf. "She's walking, she's talking, she's fine."
                    "I think we should set off soon. If you all don't mind. This room isn't exactly pleasant." I look between the two possible exits, unsure which way we should go.

"First, though, does anyone see anything I could cover myself with?" I offer what I'm hoping is a lovely smile. There's nothing to check my reflection in. "I seem to be a tad, protective of my unclothed form. So anyone see a sheet, or something?"
                    "I haven't seen anything so far." the Dwarf replies looking around again, now taking note of the murals on the walls. "But I wouldn't mind some clothing and even a bit of armor myself."

Eric the Grey

Comment

• "I haven't seen anything either for clothes".

Points to the pictures. "Maybe we're supposed to summon something? Does anyone see any braizers?"

Looks over to (Eric's character) "I noticed your scroll and by the minotaur over there there is writing, treasure scrolls restore flesh. I wonder if we're supposed to restore something in here? If we need to- what? I don't want any of these creatures running around in here!"

thoughts:
                      Hmm, these two are odd, though. A snake and a minotaur. Were they petrified here? I don't think they have this power so they do not belong, much like we don't. Maybe that's a sign we need to take that door?"
                      Last edited by draggar; 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
                        ETA: the characters will know of the power of these tables and know of the coals.
                        I have not heard anything regarding either the tables or the coals. Did I miss something, or is this information still forthcoming?

Quoth draggar View Post
                        "I haven't seen anything either for clothes".

Points to the pictures. "Maybe we're supposed to summon something? Does anyone see any braizers?"

Looks over to (Eric's character) "I noticed your scroll and by the minotaur over there there is writing, treasure scrolls restore flesh. I wonder if we're supposed to restore something in here? If we need to- what? I don't want any of these creatures running around in here!"
                        The dwarf nods and says. "I can think of one spell that will do what you're thinking. Unfortunately, that's not what I pulled from the tube, and I cannot pull another until tomorrow. I don't think any of us are looking forward to waiting around here for 24 hours."

Eric the Grey

Comment

• "So then the question is do we trust the cockatrices and basilisks or do we trust the cobra and minotaur?"
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
                            "So then the question is do we trust the cockatrices and basilisks or do we trust the cobra and minotaur?"
                            "It seems to me, that since these tables can reverse the effects of the cockatrices and such, we might think on trusting the cobra and minotaur." replies the Dwarf. Then he asks; "how exactly do I know that?" looking around confused.

Eric the Grey

Comment

• I gently shrug my shoulders. "It's beyond me. I also knew that the tables heal the petrified, but damned if I know why I know that. Then again, I don't remember my name. So anything I know is a small comfort."

I smiled in a self deprecating manner before frowning slightly. "I hope you aren't suggesting we make our leave right now. I plan to remain quite steadfast until I'm more covered."
                              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• "Maybe the guys can go explore? Since they're obviously more comfortable in how we're all....um...." She kinda trails off here embarrassed again.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X