Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something else we haven't really talked about yet.

If we wanted to (and if we have enough people on board to do it), we could form our own Guild.

It might make it easier for us to keep track of each other in the game. And eventually, whether by luck or sheer dogged determination, we might be able to accumulate enough money to get ourselves a Guild Tabard and a Guild Bank.

I think it's worth considering.

And if we do create our own Guild, what do you think we should name it?

I keep thinking that the name of the Guild should reflect its origins . . . Namely, this website.

Problem is, the words "customer" and "suck" don't lend themselves particularly well to an appropriate-sounding guild name for a fantasy RPG. Hmmmm . . .

Well, for the guild's name to reflect its origins (this website), it wouldn't necessarily have to reference the website's name. We could name the guild after something or someone significant to this website.

For example, we could name the guild after the person running CS! . . . Like "Rapscallion's Raiders," or some such.

Or "Aces of Diamonds," after one of the most legendary (and greatly-missed) CS! moderators . . . ?

Or we could name it after the person who started it all.

How about "Slugger's Sluggers" . . . ?
    “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
    “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

or Raps Raiders...give people something to think about espically if raps doesn't even play WoW...just confuse people ^_^ and have fun
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

i'm on. Nakajo be my name.
        "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Colik. Tauren Warrior. My first warrior. Hope I don't suck, but I like him so far. Got him to level 4 before bedtime. Its nice not having to rest after every battle like I did with my Shaman and Mage.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Guess we won't be playing with you guys then, since our accounts are European. Have fun.
            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Any of you guys skinners? Will make lowbie weapons to order in exchange for leather to do so.

32 smith, gonna spec weapon/axe later on.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Guild

After talking with some of the others, I've purchased a guild charter for folks to sign. Don't have enough money for a tab atm but the name is gonna be Brain Bleach.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
                  Guess we won't be playing with you guys then, since our accounts are European. Have fun.

Too bad.

We can't access the European servers from where we are . . . But you could always create your own group on one of those servers.

Are there any other European players here, besides ShadedWings?
                  “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
                  “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                  “I don’t know.”
                  “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

I'm a euro player! ShadedWings and any others we can find can try and set up a group on this side.
                    As soon as I start thinking
                    That I'm sensible and sane
                    The Random Hedgehog comes along
                    And fiddles with my Brain
                    (from card I got)

Comment

well, my own thread seems to have left me behind! belf 'lock by the name of Markyxm is entering Nagrand as we speak
                      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                      --Unknown

Comment

I just ran into this thread this morning. I'm kinda confused, why can't people get onto the oceanic servers?
                        And you guys decided on Horde -> Nagrand? Lemme know the guild, I'll make a toon, I'll even make a healer if you guys want
                        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                          I just ran into this thread this morning. I'm kinda confused, why can't people get onto the oceanic servers?
                          And you guys decided on Horde -> Nagrand? Lemme know the guild, I'll make a toon, I'll even make a healer if you guys want
                          Generally speaking WoW is region locked by your CD key. Separate servers run separate clients ( US vs UK for example. ). Back when I use to play my friend from the UK had to buy a US key online as he couldn't get on the US servers with his UK copy even with some rather creative file editing. The clients tend to be different versions too so even if you can get it working its not overly stable.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                            And you guys decided on Horde -> Nagrand? Lemme know the guild
                            Yep, we've already started there. I've got a charter just awaiting sigs for the CS guild. Name's Brain Bleach.

Btw, thanks Nakajo!!
                            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Funny I have toons on both sets of the servers since my guy is an Aussie and wanted to play when they did. Always thought it was funny that the server he was on was the exact same time it was for me over here. Always playing in the dark, meh.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                                Generally speaking WoW is region locked by your CD key. Separate servers run separate clients ( US vs UK for example. ). Back when I use to play my friend from the UK had to buy a US key online as he couldn't get on the US servers with his UK copy even with some rather creative file editing. The clients tend to be different versions too so even if you can get it working its not overly stable.

Ahhh. I've never had that issue. I have characters on both oceanic and US servers, so I thought everyone had access to them.

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                                After talking with some of the others, I've purchased a guild charter for folks to sign. Don't have enough money for a tab atm but the name is gonna be Brain Bleach.
                                Let me know when you're on so I can get a guild invite :P
                                Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X