http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ch+a+back&aq=f
Some of those may help, actually. You'd need to go through and work out which one is best for you.
Rapscallion
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The getting back in shape thread
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
I am one of those 'doughnut hole' people. Too poor to afford proper medical treatment, make too much to qualify for any type of assistance. Though if I agreed to go on disability (which means I would have to be off of working for at least a year I believe) then I would have all kinds of help. Too stubborn to do that (though I qualify).
I have degeneration of disc 5 and 6 (I think)..due to lack of use when I was put up in bed for 6 months (and gained 70 lbs during that time
). Also not just looking for the back..knees and legs also. I need a swimming pool, swimming is one exercise I can do with little/no pain
lol. Edit : And I am not talking the exercise pain, I am talking making a person cry pain.
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, though the ones I use may not work for you. Depends. My problem is that one vertebrae bends quite readily and the others are stiffening due to lack of use, so that one place is where the problems will hit when they go, not if. I have to loosen up the other ones.
If your issue is anything like that, lay on your back and bring your knees up to 90 degrees from your body. Rock your legs left as much as possible and then all the way to the right - repeat five times or so. That helps to loosen up lower vertebrae.
Also, on you back you can bring your knees up to your chest as much as possible and pull them in with your arms for about ten seconds, then relax. Repeat and try and get your knees tighter. Do this a few times. Since doing the two above exercises before going to bed, I've slept far better.
However, the main thing you can do is go to a decent osteopath who should be able to give you a proper diagnosis and proper exercises. The above work for me because of what's wrong with my back, and it's not serious yet. I don't know your issues and I'm no expert.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:
-
Could somebody recommend some stretching exercises one can do with an injured back?
Leave a comment:
-
10 minutes of hula hoops despite aching hips from two days ago. A few other exercises, but then half an hour on the exercise bike of doom. 462 calories, avg 153 bpm.
Four pounds down since the start of the week. Suspect most of it is dehydration.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:
-
Dusted off the WiiFit, partly to try and loosen up my back (giving me a touch of grief) and partly for a target to weigh myself against. The weight has been going up of late, so I now have a target of two months to lose a stone (fourteen pounds) in.
Did a ten-minute hula hoop amongst other exercises, and then got on the exercise bike for thirty minutes - 459 claories, avg 152 bpm.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:
-
I've started running again, and started being more aware of what I eat, when I eat, and how I eat. We'll see if this makes any difference.
Currently I'm aiming for 3x per week, minimum 30 minutes each time, with one day being close to an hour. I've also started making my own bread, which should help with my carb & salt intake.
Leave a comment:
-
First time back on due to knees playing up and receiving treatment.
Thirty minutes, 547 calories. 167 average, peak 176.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:
-
I need to get in shape too. Just a little bit so I can get back into my jeans that fit me about six months ago. Only bad thing is my body loathes exercise...I can't even handle beginner-level yoga, so looks like I'm gonna be fasting like I did a few years ago. It's the only thing I've found that works for me as far as weight loss. Don't have to worry about eating right or wrong when you're not eating at all.
In the meantime, I'm considering trying to learn some beginner belly dancing since I'd love to learn to dance a bit beyond DDR. When I'll find time to learn is beyond me, though.
Leave a comment:
-
Took the dogs for their first proper walk in a while this morning. A little over 6km in an hour, and my legs aren't sore! Why'd I stop doing this?
Leave a comment:
-
Twenty-five minutes, 439 calories. Had a bit of an online meeting so had to cut it short. I think the bike of doom is dying - need to look around for a cheap alternative. Definite list to port.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:
-
My wife and I just bought Just Dance 2. Some of those dances are absolutely insane. It is quite a bit more fun then the original and we spent an hour on it before we realized we had.
We hope this along with eating right will help in our weight loss goals.
And you know... liking the workout helps immensely.
Leave a comment:
-
Went to the gym on Sunday, then snow-hiked (first snow hike of the year!! Fun, 'cept the trail looked like a doggy toilet)
Monday, gym!
Yesterday, better time at the gym, and did weights in the AM.
Today, I'm wfh, so it'll be a rest day
Thrus....will hopefully go back to the gym
Leave a comment:
-
Thirty-five minutes, 572 calories - slightly more sedate pace due to extended version, avg 158 bpm, max 173.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: