*went from about 130 to about 120*
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The getting back in shape thread
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Since going back on WW, I'm proud to announce that I've already lost 10 pounds.
*went from about 130 to about 120*
-
Four weeks now doing Tae Kwon Do twice a week ( would like to do 3 but work keeps getting in the way). I've lost six pounds, and my endurance is getting better.
My knees are giving me a fit, though. I've got arthritis in my left knee, and probably in my right as well. Plus, my Achilles tendons are giving me trouble (both are short--congential). I've made an appointment with an orthopedist to see about getting some physical therapy so I can keep up with the workouts.
I've also cut sugary sodas almost out of my diet. I finally found a diet drink I like: diet orange Crush or diet Sunkist orange soda both taste pretty much like regular soda (barely any aftertaste). Now I just drink regular Coke/Pepsi if I go out to eat someplace (I can't stand diet Coke/Pepsi).
I'm feeling very happy.
Leave a comment:
-
Thirty minutes, 541 calories. Max 176, avg 167.
Feeling somewhat as if I've overdone it. Meh - breakfast.
Rapscallion
Leave a comment:
-
Started working out two weeks ago, and already I'm noticing a bunch of changes. The workouts have gotten easier already, and I don't feel as winded going up the stairs.
The diet is only going so-so. I'm attempting to do Weight Watchers, but spending a lot of time thinking about food and how many points it is, and making sure I get enough, but not too many. It really stresses me out. And when I get stressed I reach for food to calm me. Which stresses me out more. So I'm not worrying about points right now, I'm just trying to make smart decisions about food. Writing this out, I've realized I'm in a better place than I was before, so I'm going to start journaling my food again. Next time I find myself in a good place, I'm going to go through all my food and label it with the points values, then just keep track of how many points I'm eating without worrying about how many I'm supposed to be eating. Once I'm settled in that I'll go back to worrying about how many I'm supposed to eat, hopefully this way I can ease myself back into it without stressing me out too much.
Leave a comment:
-
Woo, I'm pleased with myself, I managed to get to the gym 5 days out of 7 last week.
Even went this morning after leaving the doctors office, after getting a diagnosis of osteoarthritis of the knee that's been bugging me for a while.
Meh! more of me falling apart
Leave a comment:
-
If you have an iPhone there are calorie-counting and workout log apps. And I think Self Magazine has an app that gives you workout moves, too. (I don't have an iPhone, thoughQuoth firecat88 View PostHonestly that is, at least for me, exactly *why* the program works. Before WW, I wasn't actively thinking that much about what I was eating. Now I check all the labels on everything, I have a little calculator so I can tally up how many points a certain food is worth (provided I have access to the nutrition information), and I'm even being mindful of it at school. All because I only have 21 HP a day, so I want to make sure I'm not blowing it all on just one thing (a full, four-wedge portion of a cheese quesadilla, for example, is 6 points just by itself).
.)
Leave a comment:
-
I decided that the hour I spent digging out my car this morning excuses me from going to the gym for today.
Leave a comment:
-
on week 3 at the Y. This has been the hardest week to go. Just want to sleep.
I feel much better. Hopefully next week I can start weights
Leave a comment:
-
I started back into Tae Kwon Do two weeks ago, after a 15 year hiatus.
Every muscle in my body hurts. The first week I hurt so badly, I had trouble sleeping at night. I've actually gained four pounds, even though I've cut way back on regular soda (mostly drink diet orange or Pepsi 1, unless I go out to lunch).
And yet I feel really good. I managed to climb 3 flights of stairs today and didn't get short of breath, and didn't have pain in my knees. I'm having fun in class, and have an adrenalin high when I leave.
I'm hoping to lose 15-30 pounds by June. I need to get my BMI below 30 (it hovers around there) or I risk being moved into a more expensive insurance plan at work.
Leave a comment:
-
I've been doing really well about my diet and am pretty happy about my body in general, everything but my arms sooooo I got a shake weight. The first time I used it felt really funny but it seems to be working rather well. I think the biggest thing for me is that I hate most workouts because I find them really boring (sports I'm totally down with, same for dancing, I just hate workouts) but this is silly and fun, I'm sure eventually I'll stop thinking of it as fun but you can't help but feel a little silly doing it (while giggles don't help with an arm workout they are pretty good for your abs so thats a bonus) and it doesn't take long to get a good workout.
Leave a comment:
-
I finally just read that article just now. I thought it was pretty interesting the way they were able to make note of the similarities between WW and an RPG. Even funnier was the one comment of "I don't get why this works. It's not magic. It's just forcing people to count stuff."
Honestly that is, at least for me, exactly *why* the program works. Before WW, I wasn't actively thinking that much about what I was eating. Now I check all the labels on everything, I have a little calculator so I can tally up how many points a certain food is worth (provided I have access to the nutrition information), and I'm even being mindful of it at school. All because I only have 21 HP a day, so I want to make sure I'm not blowing it all on just one thing (a full, four-wedge portion of a cheese quesadilla, for example, is 6 points just by itself).
Leave a comment:
-
Yesterday I didn't manage anywhere near as much as the day before at the gym, I'd had to stand for 45 mins at the dentist holding my daughters hand while she had work done... that was quite painful
BUT!!
Today I went to slimming group and I've lost 3 pounds!
I was so pleased, the last few weeks my weight was creeping up instead of down
Leave a comment:
-
I pushed myself yesterday & part way though my workout decided to aim for a number... so if finished after burning 555cals
(aided and abetted by painkillers
)
Pity my motivation left home after that though
Leave a comment:
-
Are you into RPGs?Quoth firecat88 View PostI would just like to announce that I've recently gotten back into Weight Watchers.
Did 40 minutes (2.11 miles) on the treadmill today.
Trying to focus on putting good stuff into my diet rather than on cutting out bad stuff. But if I fill up on good stuff I won't want so much bad stuff. Today I brought 5 apples to work and I will eat one each day. And a big box of oatmeal since I can never get up early enough to eat a real breakfast before I leave.
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: