Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • firecat88
    replied
    I would just like to announce that I've recently gotten back into Weight Watchers. I slacked off of it for....a while, really. The time that I slacked off was not good for me. And with my sister's wedding coming up in October, I wanna slim down so I look good in a dress.

    Thus and therefore, I'm back on Weight Watchers, I'm cutting back on how much sugar I eat, I'm eating more veggies (luckily I love broccoli and spinach anyway), and the biggest one- I'm not eating snacks between meals. I've already lost a little bit in my belly and my thighs, and I've only been back on it a week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Ugh I have been slacking big time.....the snow* CT has been getting mixed with the lack of decent plowing at the gym parking lot has made me lazy. And the few times I have gone, my workout has been lazier than I used to do.

    But since I am weird and prefer a certain gas station, and need to fill up before the next snow event, and that station is near the gym....I have no excuse not to go today. And Jan is almost done and I have yet to do a snow-hike. Lazy Cat. But I have stopped carrying money for the evil temptress vending machine.


    *yeah, yeah, we haven't gotten as much snow as some other states, but a few flakes and the nutmeggers forget how to drive!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 475 calories. A touch steadier, avg 155 bpm, max 169.

    Now to eat a bit less.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cookie
    replied
    Started the Master Cleanse 2 days ago. First two days are easing into the fast (1 day of vegges, 1 day of OJ) today starts 10 days of weird lemonade-like concoction. I thought it was all hogwash at first, but I've been looking into it about a year and it's been around for about 40 years. I knew my digestive system needed a cleanse because we carry a lot there that weighs us down and makes us sick if it's not dealt with. So far, hunger hasn't really been an issue because I can drink as much of this stuff as I need to. So far, I've dropped about 8.4 lbs. Scary thing is, I know I'm not losing it in fat bc I'm still getting all of my calorie intake. It's just stuff that shouldn't be in my body. O_o

    After this, the plan is smaller portions, nutrient tracking, and exercise like it was before. Only now I'll know how much is actual fat to be lost.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 502 calories. Max heart rate 172, avg 160.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    I'm managing to get back into the gym despite my knee throwing wobblies left right & centre I found a painkiller combination ( endorsed by my doc) that helps

    Just need to get back to the slight level of fitness I was at before health problems got in the way again!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Been arseholingly busy of late, as well as going on a short break and ... eating too much. Knees currently playing funny fellows a bit, but I intend getting my arse back into this at some point.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Elspeth
    replied
    The hubby and I did join the YCMA. I signed up for their 12 week program and I am almost done with week 2. I have 2 more weeks of cardio before I start doing weights. I am starting to feel better and have more energy. I really like going even if it just a treadmill right now. The other cardio machines don't like my knee.

    And best thing of all I have dropped a pants size, for the first time in years. *goes off doing the happy dance*

    Leave a comment:


  • snugglegirl05
    replied
    Back in 1995 I started using our treadmill at home. I did that until I was hired full-time at the company I currently work for December 2005.

    Then I noticed in November of this year that my work pants were a little tight for me. Since I have a computer at work with the internet, I decided to look up toning & strenghtening exerices that can either be done sitting down or standing up. I work as a parking attendant inside an air conditioned/heated booth, & so I cannot do any exicerices on the floor.

    I found plenty of toning and strengthening exerices for your upper body & your lower body. I have 3 water bottles I use at weights. One is for my upper body toning exerices & the other two are for strengthening my back.

    I work out 4 times a week at work. It is cheaper doing that than belonging to a gym.

    I get up for work Monday through Friday at 4:20 a.m. since I depend on the bus to get to work. I work from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. I could not get up earlier than that to exericse, & so that is why I exercise at work.

    I have noticed the changes. I have not weighed myself because my scale needs a new battery.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elspeth
    replied
    The Geek (hubby) and I just joined the local YMCA. So starting the first of the year we will be going 2 to 3 days a week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 531 calories, 165 avg, 174 max. More like it.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    I finally got around to entering in my weight at Sparkpeople.com.....

    I passed the halfway mark to my goal!!!!!! I'm getting soooo close!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Gave it a couple of weeks due to overactive heart rate last time and sheer laziness. Thirty minutes, maxed 171 bpm, avg 161, 506 calories.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    25 minutes (was intending thirty-five, but I overdid it early on) and 466 calories. Suspect the exercise bike may need some replacing at some point.

    Max heart rate is supposed to be 220 minus your age, so I should be maximum safe level of 179. I hit 182. As I said, I think I overdid it.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Plaid.. What T.A said! Do what you can that day & push a little bit more the next day.. even if its just 30-60 seconds!
    I was the same when I started going to the gym, could barely manage 2 mins on a cross trainer, made myself do half a min or a min more each day & now I can do a decentish workout.

    Although, going to be almost back to square one after this latest bout of being laid up, oh well, shall be a tortoise not a hare when I get back.. take it slow & steady

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X