Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Fit age 29. Have stopped buying snacks at work. Weight is consistently going down.

(and I'm used to writing things for posting on Twitter)

Comment

• Went to the gym yesterday for an hour on the treadmill (just under 3 miles). Skipped today because my knee is bothering me but I went for a walk around my apartment complex when I got home.

Was amused by the MOOKIDY license plate I saw on my walk, as well.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
        I've...I've....lost seven pounds since last week. I have no idea whatsoever how that happened. All I did was cut my calorie intake by like 800, and grazed instead of chowing down ginormous meals.

I haven't gone to the gym once!

I guess...I guess...yay? I just wish I understood how that happened when I didn't even put any thought into it.

well done! Apparently, grazing is the best thing to do as it keeps your metabolism "revved". That's why deprivation diets only work for a couple days - your metabolism goes into famine mode and tries to hold on to EVERY. LAST. CALORIE.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• I did roughly 12 minutes today. However, instead of walking 6 minutes then turning around and walking back, I decided to start out on a relatively flat surface (with a little downward hill) to a progressively more hilly terrain).

I think I just about threw out my back. (My dad says I'm using muscles that I haven't used in a long time). My legs felt like rubber and a little like jelly. Though, I did some light stretching as soon as I got back to my house (I get weird looks from the mom who are returning from putting their little ones on their school bus) and I'm happy to report that I haven't gotten any shin splints! *knocks on wood*

I'm think I might need to get better walking shoes though. These $10 generic ones I got at Wal-Mart are okay, but not the greatest.

Comment

• 40 minute today 526 calories

medical is tomorrow, I should get in one more 20 minute session before that and a 5 k walk tonight
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• 815 calories, five times on the hill (low calorie output for that number of times, actually), one hour 11 minutes. Max pulse 162, which might explain that.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Went for an evening walk today. 46 minutes, 369 calories, max heart rate 165. Although, halfway into it I had to slow down because I got a cramp in my side. Weird. Never happened before. But boo, cut into my calorie burning. Ah well. Came home and did some yoga stretching. Feels pretty good.

Weigh in and measuring tomorrow. What fun. We shall see what happens.

Comment

• Wii Fit age 24. I've put on 1.1kg since yesterday, this is explained by last night's pizza and beer.

Comment

• Motivation has been lacking lately and I haven't been eating well but I went back to the gym tonight (first time in a week due to other things going on). 33 minutes on the elliptical and then the three leg exercises at this gym and ended with the abs/back machine.

Not sure how much the past week or so hurt me but looking for possible vacation homes for my mom and me at. the. beach. brings back that drive to get back to the gym.

Comment

• Had a rough night last night so I'm not going to be walking today.

Child Rum decided to slip into bed between Mr. Rum and myself. She also decided Mommy was better than Daddy to lay close to. So in a Queen sized bed where Mr. Rum takes over his entire side, there is me (obese) and a little sylph of a child.

I ended up literally with just enough bed space for me to lay on my side and the entire edge length of my night stand was in my back the entire night. I was afraid to move after a while because when I did, I had shooting pains up and down my back and down my legs. I've taken 2 Aleve and nothing so far has touched the pain. Hubs says to stand under hot water. That means I'd have to move ... too scary for that.

I hope tomorrow is better. *le sigh*

Comment

• Aw, poor Rummy. Do you have any icy hots or bengay? That would help, and require little movement. Or, alternately, a heating pad to lay on would be nice.

And while movement seems like the worst thing ever, getting up and gently stretching the muscles might help, too. Just do a slow forward bend, and maybe some time in the yoga position child's pose will help loosen the muscles and ease the pain. Hope you feel better!

I weighed in and measured myself today. Didn't lose any more pounds, but I've apparently lost an inch of my hips. This makes me happy because I'm still moving in the right direction. And now I need to go eat breakfast. Later taters!!

Comment

• Thanks Lupo. I tihnk the Aleve is finally working. (It makes me incredibly sleepy when it hits, I don't know why, but it does).

I do have a heating pad. It's in my linen closet. I'll have to pull it out.

Also, I think I've lost either inches/weight or both as yesterday I wore a pair of stretch denim capris (with an elastic waist) that were a size 18/20W(omen). They were very tight in the front (where my tummy flab is - it's in the area where I had my c-section performed so I have like a stomach apron there), but as I continued to wear the capris during the day, the pants were no longer tight, and they stayed up!

Unlike the size 22/24W(omen), I wore a few days before. I could pull them on without feeling any tightness, but after they stretched (they're just like the 18/20's, but in a size larger) during the day, they kept falling down!

So I'm thinking I'm between a size 18/20W and a 22/24W. I think that's a good thing, yes?

Comment

• I've been backslidden from the exercise/diet for a couple of weeks too. Once it got hot here in Virginny for a few days I developed some new weirder health problems. Apparently my lungs cannot exchange oxygen efficiently any time I'm in 90 degree or hotter air. Which makes my oxygen stats drop to levels low enough to hospitalized. When they are that low I tend to lose my balance and fall off the treadmill, bang my head, etc..

Also my hypothalamus gland isn't doing it's job and my body temp fluctuates up significantly in the heat. Heatstroke ain't no fun.

So I am currently limited to slowly walking the current lap pool at the gym.

And I discovered that any burger making place will make you a big old greasy burger topped your way wrapped in lettuce instead of bun if you have a wheat allergy.

This has not been a good month.
                            "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

• Wii Fit age 33. Also I convinced my wife to get on the Wii Fit for the first time in 2 months. She's lost 1.8 kg by not drinking Coke every day.

Comment

• Cookie - good on ya for trying it out. Always try new things. You never know what will take your fancy.

I completed my half marathon (21.7km) today. Time was 2:42. Wow. I can run for over two and a half hours! Not fast, mind you, but it's still a RUN! LOL

Bit tired now and everything is a bit achey. So the next full week will be light on exercise. Then I plan to hit back into it more regularly, and try to increase my speed.

Calories burned: 2,012.

Comment

Working...
                                X