Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • technical.angel
    replied
    you gotta know where you are to get to where you want to be.

    You can do it!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Becks
    replied
    Someone give me the motivation to step on a scale for the first time in years.

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    Quoth Cazzi View Post
    lost a massive half a pound
    Congrats, Cazzi!!!

    A half a pound is still a half a pound and you should be proud of that!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Wobbly legs today & aching arms.. was the first day of adding leg extensions & free weights. Slimming class day today too, lost a massive half a pound.. damn that cheese!

    Also think J the trainer made a booboo on my record card.... got me down for 4mph walking on the treadmill!!! I only have little legs, they only just manage 3.2 mph

    And just for laughs.. almost catapulted myself across the gym by accidentally catching the emergency stop on the treadmill with my water bottle It's the 2nd time I've done that, both times with the same brand of water that must be in a longer bottle than I'm used to

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty-five minutes, 615 calories.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • protege
    replied
    "1000-calorie night" didn't happen tonight Rather than do my usual cardio workout--arc trainer + stair climber, I thought I'd mix it up by doing the elliptical + stairs instead. Only about 900 calories went *blip.* Still, 900 calories going bye-bye isn't anything to sneeze at, especially since I can trip the 'overspeed' indicator on the elliptical machine for most of the workout

    What can I say, other than I'm a fat bastard who is trying to get my heart rate up, and burn off some of my spare tire!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    I'm shattered.
    Had a review today & worked out what to add resistance wise to my workout... which ended up being the rowing machine, leg extensions & free weights.
    Then, went on to do my normal workout... THEN decided I fancied a swim so spent the next 30 mins tootling up & down the pool

    After that spent 10 mins in the jacuzzi
    If I don't sleep tonight after all that......

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Cat's back in the game!!! Whilst I did eat junk food (I swear I am stopping.....except when hiking) I burned 580 at the gym.

    New eating healthy starts tomorrow!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Surprised myself again... did a 60 min cardio workout, 343 cals burned (not bad considering jogging & high impact stuff is banned from my routine!) Got an achy old knee injury today though so looks like I will have to invest in a bit of support for that

    Have booked a review session tomorrow with a trainer... will be going through the resistance machines & working out which ones will be suitable for my various falling apart bits

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    I'm not too annoyed with myself....I know I will head back to the gym ( I have to....it gonna rain tomorrow, so no hiking)

    And I just bought Edward Scissorhands on DVD....throw that on the Touch, and its movie time!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Quoth Cat View Post
    Ate far too much on Friday,

    ^ that & sat & sun for me
    Back to gym tomorrow... maybe I should get in the pool too!

    Leave a comment:


  • trailerparkmedic
    replied
    Did level 1 of 30 Day Shred on Friday night (no idea on calories but it was TOUGH!), 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday (340 calories) and about an hour of walking at the Rodeo, including up a zillion ramps and steps to our nosebleed seats.

    Then I ate some of the food there and felt my arteries harden. Oh well, it's an occasional treat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Ate far too much on Friday, but did hike of Bear Mtn for a good 960 cals gone. Ate a good deal on Sat and today...ikes.....I'm in a feeding cycle.....it happens.....just have to not slack on the work outs

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    50 minutes total this morning. 20 of cardio, 30 of full body strength training. 601 calories burned.

    Stupid weather got colder and wet. Ick. No bike rides for Lupo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minute, 540 calories.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X