Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BookstoreEscapee
    replied
    Went to the park today after work (71 degrees at 5 pm! Woohoo!). I stuck to the flat part of the path and didn't go around the hill (still coughing a bit and I get a little winded climbing the stairs), but it was a nice 20 minute walk.

    Leave a comment:


  • protege
    replied
    1100 calories went *blip* last night Of course, it took about 1.5 hours of cardio (stair climbing and arc trainer) to do so...but I'm not complaining. Still, I am a bit sore today, and will probably stay home from the gym tonight, and prepare a very warm bath to help relieve the pain in my shoulders and back. Not complaining about that either--no pain, no gain

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Just did a 55 min lunch walk for 150 cals (or so sayeth my app)

    Will (hopefully) be hiking up a smallish mountain this weekend, so that will be many cals all gone And good practice for Mt Washington

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Always nice when that happens

    I surpassed myself again today... 320 cals burned!

    Was going to walk back home from the gym too, but part way my legs decided enough was enough so bussed the rest of the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Severen13
    replied
    Yesterday a co-worker asked me if I had been working out.

    Yes, I have been working out. It was nice to have someone see the results.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes on the exercise bike - 499 calories. Been off it a while due to warning signs from my knees. See how this goes.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • BookstoreEscapee
    replied
    Wore pants today that I haven't worn in a while. Last time I didn't need a belt. Today I could pull them away from my waist and have 3 inches of space. The weight loss is the result of being sick, but I don't seem to have gained any of it back.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Don't worry, Cat, I killed my workout calories burned by making fried fish and french fries for dinner. Bonus points cuz I like to dip my fries in mayo. Mmm...grease.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Was planning in an hour hike+hour at the gym for about 750 cals

    Ended up liking being outside too much....did a 2 hours hike for about 540 cals

    "killed" it by eating taco bell and drinking some mike lights....oh well....I am still under

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Another bike ride, but shorter today. And more leisurely. 3.7 miles in 30 minutes, 383 calories burned.

    I think I need to soak in the tub tonight. My legs are kind of sore, yes, but my poor booty is quite unhappy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Meh, it happens.....after work-out "splurges" are my catnip.....I cannot resist

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Ha! I waited til after my chicken & fruit lunch & still managed to demolish 4 cookies instead of the one!

    That's that 300 cals back again then

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Ha, an awesome and deserved reward!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Was a milestone day for me today

    Still feeling pulled down & sore even after not doing much more than gentle strolling while I was away so got to gym feeling not at all like getting stuck in
    Could only manage 6 mins on lvl one on the xtrainer, but then did much better on the treadmill, surprised myself on the bike AND the windjammer & ended up with my very first 300 cal workout

    I didn't push it too hard, used the bike at a level lower than I have been doing & used alternating brisk walks & slower but steeper walking on the treadmill.

    I'm pleased with myself today & am going to reward myself with a nice triple choc chip gluten free cookie

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Just a lunch walk yesterday, since I was getting ready for ST Pats (which turned out not be as fun as I hoped)

    But today I am working from home, so no commute!! Will hike AND hit the gym

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X