Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Evil Queen
    replied
    Well, I did hit the gym. It was definately with a Vengence. Today I hurt.

    Unfortunately, for the rest of the week I'm stuck on Night Audit shifts. Hell, I'm at work RIGHT NOW, I'm not supposed to be here but a coworker just up and quit on us and I said I'd take over. I haven't slept since 10 AM. So... 18 and a half hours ago. I don't get off work for another... 2 and a half hours.

    The sad thing is I volunteered for this!

    Regret. I has it.

    8 hours OT. I has it too.

    So torn!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    35 minutes, 614 calories.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Did 525 at the gym Though tomorrow might be my rest day.....a 4.5 hr hike one day, shopping the next, then gym is tough on the legs!

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    I feel bad now. I haven't been to the gym once in the last two weeks. The gym I normally go to shut down and had bad hours for me during spring break and last week my partner needed to do some extra school work (he does Pheonix online) and I had just gotten a working Xbox in the mail so I wanted to play with it.

    I return to the gym (with a vengence) tomorrow morning at 9.30AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Did a 4.5 hour hike up Mt Beacon in NY.....for a massive 1200 cals burned.

    But even better than that, the hike was EASY!!! Last year it was hard and it took us about 6 hours....this time.....we flew up and while I am a bit tired and sore......I;m felling great.....means I am getting in shape!

    Leave a comment:


  • trailerparkmedic
    replied
    25 minutes on the elliptical, about 350 calories burned. If I can drag my fiance to the art festival, I'll probably spend a few hours walking as well.

    Congrats on 30 pounds lost Jack!

    Leave a comment:


  • Becks
    replied
    I might get disowned by the family if I start drinking Coke Zero.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Quoth Cat View Post
    Might be over my cal budget by 200 cals today if I do give in to choco-temptation.....which is a-okay....
    One of the things out slimming class leader keeps telling us is if you have a bad day, put it behind you & carry on as normal the next day I seem to have a lot of bad days though

    I've lost a good 30 pounds!
    Yay Congrats

    I've been having the baggy trousers problem lately.. but I'm hauling in the belt for now... don't want to spend money on any more til they're falling off if I can help it
    Although that may be scary if it happens in public

    Leave a comment:


  • Jack T. Chance
    replied
    I have now reached a new plateau in my weight loss... I'm now down to about 190, which means that in nearly a year's time, I've lost a good 30 pounds!

    In the last week or 2, I've been able to pull my belt one notch tighter compared to where I've been wearing it the last several months. Time to go try on some new pants and see if I've dropped another waist size yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Oh, I love Coke Zero!!!

    Might be over my cal budget by 200 cals today if I do give in to choco-temptation.....which is a-okay....since I am hiking what will most likely be a 6-hour hike tomorrow

    (I think giving I am hiking so far, I can easily skip a cal-count day )

    Leave a comment:


  • trailerparkmedic
    replied
    Becks, have you tried Coke Zero? It tastes almost the same as Pepsi to me. Even my fake sweetner hating fiance drinks it. I couldn't get through my day without one at lunch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Becks
    replied
    Used Bella's scale yesterday. Taking into account that I was dressed, I'd estimate that I'm somewhere around 175. A bit of a yay because the last time I weighed myself I was pushing 200.

    I just have to cut down on the sodas on my off days. On days I work, I have one. On my off days, anywhere between two and five.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Gym & swim today. Trimmed down the workout a bit as I was later getting out of the house than I thought I would be & wanted to get half an hour in the pool before an aqua class started

    I did then spent a good 15 mins in the hot tub watching said aqua class

    Oh, & I walked to the gym too so win all round!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    500 cals at the gym today (nothing yesterday....ate at the 'rents....general tso tofu...the BEST I have ever had)

    Hiking Beacon Mtn on Sat.....that will be many many cals gone

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Quoth technical.angel View Post
    A half a pound is still a half a pound and you should be proud of that!
    Oh, I am .. even after all the cheese thanks

    Today was a good day, just under 400 cals for cardio, then a little bit of leg & arm work.
    Then walked just over a mile to the hospital for an appt to get my hearing aid mended & another just over a mile back again

    Think I'll aim for another swim tomorrow if I can time it not to clash with an aqua-robics class

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X