Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BookstoreEscapee
    replied
    Quoth Becks View Post
    Raps, I can give you (im)moral support, if you'd like.
    snerk

    Raps, I'll be back soon!

    Leave a comment:


  • Becks
    replied
    Raps, I can give you (im)moral support, if you'd like.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 489 calories. Max pulse 168, average 159. Reasonably steady.

    Rapscallion, feeling lonely in this thread

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 484 calories, turned it up to three clicks (was on four) on the resistance. 158 BPM average, 166 maximum. Not bad.

    Bum hurts, though.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • SorryIsGoodEnough
    replied
    Taking a break from the gym today. I'm sore all over my arms still and it sucks.

    Didn't get any pancakes or french toast at IHOP today. Got a spinach and tomato omelette instead. Man, I want some bread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 447 calories, max pulse 164, average 151.

    Will probably feel this in the morning.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Quoth Plaidman View Post
    XD It is. I'm on painkillers for it. Latest doctor test/note.

    In more common terms, the hip joint has not formed correctly and there is some arthritis and chronic changes of the joint. These changes have probably caused a cyst to form there, and there are some neurofibromas present in the area of the hip (unclear how much they contribute to your symptoms).
    I'd forgotten that part. Talk to your doc and see what exercises you can do, then.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Congrats on the 40 punds, Lup!!

    Even with relaxing my cal-counting and avioding exercise for a few weeks, I have maintained my weight

    Jan 4th I'm going to cut the unhealthy snack again (just won't buy 'em) and watch the booze intake (will probably go a month sober again)

    And of course, gotta get back on the trails. I have 2 REI gift cards that are telling me I need nice warm hiking clothes, so get on the trail!

    Leave a comment:


  • Plaidman
    replied
    Quoth Rapscallion View Post

    Hurts depends on what's hurting. If it's joints, see a doctor. If it's muscle, then that's the muscles reacting to unaccustomed effort and building themselves up after the event.

    Rapscallion
    XD It is. I'm on painkillers for it. Latest doctor test/note.

    In more common terms, the hip joint has not formed correctly and there is some arthritis and chronic changes of the joint. These changes have probably caused a cyst to form there, and there are some neurofibromas present in the area of the hip (unclear how much they contribute to your symptoms).

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Repetition. How long can you keep going on the bike? I built up from fifteen or so minutes to over a half hour when I was going for it - push yourself a little every time. Do ten push ups, then ten the next day and so forth for a week, or whatever feels good, then go up to trying fifteen for two or three days.

    First time I tried sit ups, I did ten or twenty and ended up with a pain like a high belt across my gut for a week - strained a muscle or something. Took a while, but I built up how many I do and I regularly do eighty now.

    Hurts depends on what's hurting. If it's joints, see a doctor. If it's muscle, then that's the muscles reacting to unaccustomed effort and building themselves up after the event.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Plaidman
    replied
    I can't seem to do anything. I try pushup and it hurts. I try excerise bike, and can't do it very long. Anyone got any suggestions?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Weight this morning reckons 18st 1lb, so that went up significantly during my attempt to heal. Sod it - eating less and getting the exercising going once more.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Thread resurrection, thanks SIGE!!

    congrats on getting back to it. I need to start, and will probably do so when I get back from vacation. Though I did walk 3 miles the other day, just because...

    I've lost 40 lbs since April 1st!! Just wanted to share.

    SIGE, I hope you feel much better and get back up to where you were and go beyond!

    Leave a comment:


  • SorryIsGoodEnough
    replied
    I'm here!

    I went back to the gym yesterday after being gone weeks. I got really sick (hospitalized for a really bad infection in both kidneys) so I didn't feel up to it.

    I only did 20 minutes on the machine I usually do 45 minutes on. I also did some strength training and oh my heck am I sore.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Been a little while since I've been on the exercise bike. Just got off after twenty-five minutes. Knees not too bad yet, but the muscles are going to hurt majorly.

    Average pulse of 155, max of 171 (should come down with practice), 394 calories reckoned. Will see how knees react tomorrow morning. Had the bike to two levels of resistance weaker than it was when I was at my best.

    So, where's everyone else in this thread?

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X