Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sunsetsky
    replied
    Today I have determined that I really need to get back into shape. I went skiing this weekend and I wasn't able to last as long on the slopes as I used to. Besides...I gained a bit of weight that I would like to lose. I'm going to start taking hikes once a week and working out with my best friend. I'm also considering getting the wii fitness. Has anyone tried it? I'm just wondering how well it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Forty minutes, 681 calories, 162 average and 170 max. I reckon I could have easily done the hour, all done and said.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    I'm getting back into exercising.

    I'm going to the gym every day, which may be bad, but if I don't do it every day, I won't go any day.

    Yesterday, I did 9.5 minutes on the stair machine, then I did 4 reps of 20 on the machine that looks like this, with 50 lbs of weight.



    I do two reps with my wrists facing the machine and two reps with my wrists facing away from the machine. I figure it works different areas, right?

    Every day, I add 30 seconds on the stair machine. Gatekeeper yelled at me for not exercising enough.

    I don't feel anything anymore. My legs used to be really rubbery after working out, but they aren't anymore, which I take as a good sign.

    I have noticed that the nerve issues I had with my surgery are pretty much gone. No more feeling like there's Icy Hot on my shoulder blades!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    55 min lunchwalk, about 150 cals, I think

    Tread mill: 62 mins, 2928' 3.6 miles, 474 cals.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes. 564 calories, which is somewhat of a surprise. Average pule 171, max 179 - not sure how, since the resistance was to three clicks as is currently normal for me.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Supermarket Slave Girl
    replied
    Hi all, I've been on Jenny Craig for 6 weeks and going well, doing 1 hour Zumba workouts (awesome fun they are), no idea how many calories I burn doing them, probably a few.

    Lost 7.4kgs so far

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    30 minute moderate cardio workout. Max pulse 168. Burned 416 calories. Not too shabby.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Back to it. Forty minutes on the bike saw off the remainder of the Ghostbusters DVD. 694 calories, avg pulse 164, max 175.

    Going to feel that.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Went on a two-hour easy hike yesterday, burned around 500 cals. (maybe more? my app isn't totally accurate)

    Leg doesn't hurt, which is good. Need to get many more hikes in before MWN.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Good luck, Cookie!!

    Preppng ahead of time is always a huge help.. If only I could remember to do it more often myself!!

    I'm hoping to get some done tonight. portion out snack baggies of veggies, and I cooked some soup ahead of time, so I portioned that out into single serving containers, but I need to get better. but yes, wishing you lots of luck!

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Welcome back to the treadmill, Reyneth!

    Went for a short bike ride this morning, since the weather wasn't too terrible.

    32 minutes, 430 calories, max heart rate 165. Not too shabby. Going to do some strength training on the arms when I get home from work tonight. So far, I've been good with food for the last 4 or 5 days, and have been walking two of those days, so I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reyneth
    replied
    Joining back in after falling off the treadmill (lol!) last fall due to Swine Flu and the holidays.

    Went on Monday, spent 31 min on the elliptical and did a few upper body machines.

    Went tonight, spent 33 min on the elliptical at a little higher resistance and spent about 3xs longer on the upper body machines.

    I'm trying to use the stairs at work as much as possible. I'm on the 3rd floor but they are tall stories, so it's equivalent of 3-4 flights or so, I think. One can of pop per day with Tuesday (at my 2nd job) a possible exception if I'm tired and one other "pick my day" during the week/weekend.

    30-40 pounds by my sister's wedding July 31 and getting in better shape in general is the goal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Easier day at the gym, leg hurt a bit:

    450 cals
    3044'
    3.96 miles

    Leave a comment:


  • Seshat
    replied
    Quoth Rine View Post
    Seshat, thanks for all the information. I copied and pasted it into my exercise idea/info word doc. I can't afford a gym, but I'll keep in the whole..."work alternate muscles" thing in mind.
    You're most welcome! Glad I could help.

    Leave a comment:


  • AnqeiicDemise
    replied
    I've just started counting my steps. I've gone from couch potato to ocassional walker. The stress on my joints is killing me though.

    I don't know if it is because I'm walking more than I have before or what but my ankles are swollen to the size of soft balls and they ache.. oh boy do they ache. And my knee is so sore.

    I think I'll just have to go find a bathing suit and start doing laps at the indoor pool... once the gym opens back up from remodeling. Sonofa. -.-

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X