Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Fifty minutes (forty-five was good, but hadn't hit the 800 calories). 161 avg, 170 max (was determinedly low this time) and 841 calories gone. Almost 2k this week.

    Wish I wasn't overeating now

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Past 2 weeks I have been hitting the gym 3x a week, 62 mins on a treadmill burning 500s each day.

    Last Saturday did a light 2 hour hike (maybe 650 cals?)

    Food intake to 1600-2000 cals a day (1600-1700 on rest days, 1800-1900 on gym days, 2000+ on hiking days)

    Lookin' good!! Weight is steady.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    I'm feeling very pleased with myself today

    I've managed to double my minutes on 3/4 machines I've been using.. 10 each on cross trainer & bike & 20 on treadmill... not bad considering less than 2 weeks ago I was struggling to get to half that amount of time! The 4th one (Grappler) I'm being careful with as I have a bit of neck trouble & don't want to knock myself dizzy overdoing it. I still do them on a pretty low effort level but now I'm getting used to it I can gradually increase the effort now

    And as I walked into the gym & before I could talk myself out of it I booked a place in tomorrows aqua-robics class... so pool here I come

    And after all that, I treated myself to a couple of mins in the tanning room. I'm going down to London for a few days soon so decided I may as well go with a healthy glow rather than pasty white

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    I managed to hit the gym nice and early this morning. I used the stationary bike today and walked the half mile home (I got a ride from Datajager).

    Short day today; 55 minutes total (including the walk home) and 236 calories burned.

    I weighed myself today and still haven't managed to get rid of the last 15 lbs. Damn it. I haven't lost a single pound*.






    *I seem to have lost 6 pounds of "water weight" that I haven't gained back yet. Hmmmm....

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Twenty-one minutes - low for me, but I'm bushed at that. 364 calories, 172 max, 164 avg. Will have another go maybe tomorrow, maybe on the weekend.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Jack T. Chance
    replied
    My weight's been holding steady at about 196 pounds for awhile now, I need to step things up a notch so I can take off a little more. With the hours I work right now, I have basically no time for exercise, which isn't helping. I'll have to figure something out.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    My arms are killing me from all the hauling yesterday, so rather than do the arm strength training routine I had planned out, I just did a short cardio workout and some yoga stretching.

    34 minutes, 412 calories. I've done better, but I didn't really push as hard as I usually do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    I consider it to be a good start. Most of the exercises are good for toning and the like, but I moved onto more cardio type exercises. The jogging was about the only one that got me out of breath, but it also helped to feck my knees (turns out I have osteo arthritis).

    Depends on what you want. Want to tighten up? Great! Want to go jogging? There's a whole outdoors out there, though the dogs aren't as friendly.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    I have the Wii Fit, and the Wii Fit plus (even if I haven't opened it up).

    It's a good exercise, if you stick with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elspeth
    replied
    You guys are all doing great. It is nice to see people having success with working out. Need to get back into walking when I get home. Plus maybe unbury the treadmill. But still eating pretty good and getting up and moving. I can almost touch my tops, which for me it huge. The hubby is doing great.

    Question: Has anyone used Dance Dance revloution or Wii Fit (or the other one) to exercise? I would like a second thing to do especially when it rains.

    Thanks guys

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    804 calories, just over 45 minutes, avg 165, max 171.

    Gulping down liquids like they were going out of fashion.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Owwww....

    So, after a long workout this morning, I get to work only to discover my asswit coworkers (but that's a different thread in and of itself) did NOT finish their project yesterday, leaving me to move 110 boxes, for a combined total weight of 4,588 lbs. By MYSELF. Lots of sweating and panting involved...I condensed the over 4 hours down into 30 minutes of moving:carrying boxes on the fitness site I use, and it was calculated that I burned another 466 calories. So, again I say:

    Owwwww

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    Gah, I nearly killed myself today. And I still have to go to work.

    I walked the dog, hit the elliptical and the treadmill. It was a lazy day for me so I only wound up burning 428 (or so the website tells me).

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Ok, back in the saddle today. 2 workout DVDs for a total of 45 minutes, plus a 7 minute yoga stretching segment = 52 minutes total, 641 calories burned.

    That's a long one for me, when I'm not bike riding or walking. I feel it, but in a good way.

    Leave a comment:


  • NorthernZel
    replied
    Got a call back from the Training Centre yesterday.

    At the moment they have an approx. 4 months of waiting time. 4 FREAKIN' MONTHS!

    In the meantime I've been advised to do some light cardio excersize (like, um, taking a 30 min walk everyday . which I already do when I'm taking Lil' Zel to/from kindergarten)

    Nevertheless the person at the Training Centre I talked to said that the long waiting time might be a blessing in disguise, since they are planning to include nutrition/diet advice in the programme later this year.

    Oh well, so I'll start out with quitting smoking first.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X