Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Yesterday's visit to the doctor went waaaaaay over what I'd though it would, but I did a lot of walking in lieu of an actual workout workout. Didn't have my HRM or pedometer so I couldn't count steps, miles or calories, sadly.

    Today, I'm about to run to the grocery store, but will workout when I return and check in then. I want at least 1 more good solid workout, as weight and measure day is tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    45 minutes again, 802 calories, avg 166, max 174.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Meh, 200 ain't bad, Lupo, and from what you've been posting, you deserve a cookies treat

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Today was my rest day. I planned on doing a workout after I got home from school, but work this morning had me building pallets, and running up and down ladders, and this was after I did a lower body focused workout yesterday. My legs are so not happy with me, so I'm making today my rest day, and will exercise tomorrow. Some cardio, followed by a core focused strength training workout.

    I had a few cookies today. But they were tasty, only 90 calories, and I didn't go overboard. I went over my calorie range by about 200, so all told, not too terribly bad, I don't think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    I cannot do the elliptical, I have tried, and failed. Kudos to those of ya who can

    oh, and might I rant?? My coworker today said I was "wasting away," no, I am thin, not "wasted away." I am at a good weight and I eat very well. (another coworker snerked at me for eating a salad for lunch....guess she didn't see the snacks I has as well, lol)


    EDIT: I meant to also say the past 2 days I have done lunch walks (150 cals) and 62 mins on the treadmill (500cals)

    Tomorrow is a rest day
    Last edited by Cat; 02-19-2010, 12:01 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
    Cazzi, congrats on making it through all the gym equipment! I've never been to a gym myself, and the equipment looks downright scary...
    Thanks... I should be congratulating you for having the motivation to do it alone at home... that I haven't got as my very dusty exercise bike & workout dvds can testify

    Honestly, the equipment isn't all that scary, its pretty simple to use & the centre staff are very helpful & can help a person set up a training schedule suitable for their abilities... for instance, I have to keep my exercise low impact so J steered me to the best 4 machines to use for now to get used to this & help my weight loss. Later we'll be adding more resistance machines in to start building up my muscles to protect my joints (i have hypermobility syndrome so my joints tend to overextend)

    Oh, and an MP3 player loaded with some upbeat feelgood music really adds to the experience

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Thanks, angel!

    I really am. I went pant shopping a couple weekends ago, and I'm THREE sizes smaller than I used to be!! It was quite motivating, and I'm trying desperately to go two full weeks of staying on track. I think if I can master the 2 weeks without giving into temptation, I can get back into the groove, if you will.

    I'd like an elliptical, but I think it'd kill me after the 1st 2 minutes...go you!!

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    Go Lupo! You're really getting into this!

    I did 13 minutes on the ellipical, 2 reps of 20 on the pully down bar thing with 50 lbs of weight, and then 13 minutes on the ellipical. I'm averaging about 10 calories burned per minute.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    came home from school and work, did a 10 minute kickbox cardio routine, followed by 25 minutes of strength training the lower body. My butt and legs are sore, but in a good way.

    3 minutes of stretching after, and total is 38 minutes, 365 calories burned. Not bad for strength training.

    Daily total: 68 minutes, 791 calories. Oh, and according to my pedometer I also managed to walk 12,353 steps today, just in my daily routines...
    Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 02-18-2010, 12:01 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    So, despite not working out yesterday, I got right back on track today! Yay me!

    Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD for a cardio workout, plus 10 minutes of yoga stretching afterwards. 35 minutes total, 426 calories burned.

    Feels good!

    Cazzi, congrats on making it through all the gym equipment! I've never been to a gym myself, and the equipment looks downright scary...

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    I surprised myself today, my first proper workout at the gym I managed to do my allotted minutes! Including the cross trainer that I've had trouble managing 3 mins on in the past
    Also had a talk with one of the other trainers & he agreed with the plan I had of spending a week or two getting used to the machines & then adding a cool down in the pool after... don't want to throw myself into the exercising too quickly or I'll end up overdoing it for my health & then going off the idea
    Now, where did I put my microwaveable wheat bag? I have neck ache

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Didn't work out at all last week (well...except when the bf and I celebrated Vday...)

    But I did go for a lunch walk (160 cals) and hit the gym (525 cals) I just have to work on cutting the post-gym feasting, ha.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    didn't get up with my alarm, so no workout this morning, but I'll probably do some strength training of the arms and upper body today, and one of my cardio DVDs when I get home from school.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seshat
    replied
    Personal longest times on both bike and treadmill: 3 minutes each!

    Added two more reps to each of my weights exercises.

    No sign yet of a pain flare. Friday I'll stick to today's routine, then if no pain flare on Friday, I'll up things again on Monday.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Forty-five minutes, 745 calories, 169 max, 161 avg pulse rate.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X