Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    600 calories total? for ALL day?! That's...so not very healthy, I don't think!

    I've been meaning to look into fish oil. And vitamin B, for energy boosts...

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    Bacon is actually pretty good for diets. I try to have it several times a week. I've actually gained weight in the last two weeks but have managed to lose a inch and a half off my waist and gained a half inch in my ass. But, it's also firmer, which is something I like.

    My diet has changed drastically though; I've cut out most of the sweets (I have pudding, at 60 calories a packet it's not bad for a quick sugar fix, which I haven't been craving lately), started eating two eggs and salsa every morning for breakfast, a whey protein shake (royal chocolate flavour with frozen strawberries or a banana, yum! and for just over 100 calories!) for lunch and a harty dinner. Usually something high carb since I do most of my excercising in the morning or early afternoon. I try not to go over 600 calories. I also have a multi-vitamin and take a Fish Oil caplet every morning with breakfast. Supposedly, Fish Oil helps you lose weight.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Ooooh...free grand slam....

    I want pancakes and sausage now...and bacon!!!

    Curse you!! >.>

    I have leftover garlic butter tilapia for dinner, with a veggie blend...

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    lol. I almost blew my caloric intake when I went to get a free grand slam this morning. That sucker has almost 800 calories in it. (according to livestrong.com anyways. I use their Daily Plate system to keep track of everything)

    Don't worry, I tipped the waitress really well. ($8 on a free meal is pretty good)

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    I just finished my boot camp DVD! 30 minutes, 420 calories, max heart rate 170.

    Combine that with the weight loss yoga I did this morning, and I worked out for a total of:
    60 minutes and burned 689 calories today. Yay!

    I also stayed within my caloric goals for the day, double yay!

    <Staggers off to the shower>

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    Whoo, I'm feeling good.

    3.5 miles on the treadmill, 60 minutes
    100+ "floors" on the stair stepper, 60 minutes
    667 calories total burned.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Thirty minutes, 548 calories. Avg 167, max 175. Was going to go for forty, but I got the sort of twinges that said that cramp was imminent.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • SG15Z
    replied
    hm, you know I guess I really should do something about my weight. For you see I'm very very underweight. Yes you heard me I actually need to gain weight to be considered healthy. Though motivation is not easy, as I'm not a very active person lately. Though I've noticed that I'm starting to get a bit of a bulge, and that's not the kind of weight I want to gain.

    Anyway there's this workout my friend is doing, and I guess I'm joining in. So we'll see what happens.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    I actually dragged myself out of bed this morning and did a 30 minute yoga workout.

    30 minutes, 269 calories. I plan on doing my Boot Camp DVD when I get home from workand school. Someone needs to motivate me, keep me from slacking. Help!! or, rather...

    Leave a comment:


  • blas
    replied
    It was a really easy way to burn calories and get a nice mood boost last spring, summer and fall, taking a walk or a short jog or walking Bear.

    Now I can see why a lot of people in Wisconsin gain weight in the winter.....the roads and sidewalks are impossible to walk or jog on most of the time

    Leave a comment:


  • Severen13
    replied
    I'm doing the Tracy Anderson Mat Workout 5x a week for a month. In the middle of the second week. My pants are fitting better and there's definitely less hangage on my upper arms.

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    70 minutes, 336 calories.
    Walking the dog (2 miles is our average), sit ups, a bit of light weight lifting and jumping jacks.

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    I'm averaging about 10 calories per minute on the ellipical, and up to 50 lbs on the pull down weight machine type thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Forty minutes, 614 calories. 154 avg, 163 max - a bit down. However, in an hour I'm at work, so probably for the best.

    Rapscallion

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    The problem with the Wii fit is that it does have a short life. Not that it breaks, but that you quit using it. I had found an article once upon a time that gave a number of people who gave up on it, but now I can't find the right search terms.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X