Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The getting back in shape thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    And I post again! Got up early, did a 25 minute yoga workout. 259 calories burned.

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    Another short cardio workout, Biggest Loser Boot Camp. (I really like this DVD series, in case you can't tell...)

    <Ahem> 25 minutes, plus another 5 minute yoga stretching segment. 30 minutes total, 414 calories burned. Squee! Two days in a row, go me!

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    did a short cardio workout tonight from one of my DVDs, Biggest Loser: Cardio Max. 25 minutes plus a 5 minute yoga stretching segment, 424 calories burned. Yay...

    Leave a comment:


  • NorthernZel
    replied
    Might as well join this thread.

    I suffer from from a mild case of PCOS and am therefore eligible for a exercise/diet programme paid by NHS in order to lose approx. 30-40 kilos of weight. Paperwork has been filed, so now I just await a letter from my Training Center to get started.

    My work place has just bought a Wii with Wii Fit installed, so I take a couple of breaks everyday to exercise, and it has already paid off - I chopped over one point of my Body Mass Index already!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cazzi
    replied
    I took the plunge today & joined up at a fitness centre! It has gym, pool & other goodies at a very reasonable monthly rate.

    I don't think I'll be up to posting my heart rate & calories burned for a very long time, as with my medical condition I have to stick to steady low impact exercise and build it up very gradually.

    But, I'm looking forward to getting started.. I meet one of the instructors on Monday to discuss my best options and I can't wait to get into the pool With that & the eating plan I'm on I hope the weight starts dropping off a little bit quicker than it has been

    Leave a comment:


  • lupo pazzesco
    replied
    I want to get an elliptical, but has no moneys. I like my exercise bike, don't get me wrong, but ellipticals are wooooooooooonderful!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rapscallion
    replied
    Forty minutes, 731 calories, avg 166, max 175.

    Rapscallion, sweaty

    Leave a comment:


  • technical.angel
    replied
    I totally agree. I'm on the Elliptical every day. I had to do the treadmill one day, and all my joints were throwing a fit for days after.

    Leave a comment:


  • Flying Grype
    replied
    EQ: I love elliptical trainers. My knees get jarred if I jog, but I can get a great cardio workout with no joint stress on an elliptical.

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    Back from the gym! I played with the settings on the treadmill today, did an hour like I normally do but went a little fast and did a 5% incline. My butt is starting to feel it.

    Treadmill, 60 minutes at 4MPH, 5% incline: 349 calories burned.

    Yay!

    eta:
    Oh god, that was a bad idea! I've discovered a machine that works great and brutally hates me; The Elleptical! I did 20 minutes on that sucker and I felt like I was gonna die! Another 166 calories down with that sucker, and 10 minutes on the Stair Master brought the grand total for today to....'

    593 Calories! I'm Ordering a Pizza!
    Last edited by Evil Queen; 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM. Reason: several hours later....

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    They're sooo good but has 1400 calories alone! I have to work my ass off after I eat one of those things.

    But considering how long I tend to be at the gym, it's not too bad. So I'm lucky enough to treat myself to one once a month now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aethian
    replied
    Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    I mistyped I guess, yes, 600 calories is for dinner. I average around 1000-1200 calories a day (as long as I stay the hell away from Dominos' Chicken Alfredo Bread Bowls, those things are killer on a diet but soooo tasty). I snack a lot but on healthy things.
    K I feel better now. Don't have em here, but that does sound interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
    600 calories total? for ALL day?! That's...so not very healthy, I don't think!

    I've been meaning to look into fish oil. And vitamin B, for energy boosts...
    Quoth Aethian View Post
    Ummmmm Queen please tell me that the 600 is for your dinner....please.
    I mistyped I guess, yes, 600 calories is for dinner. I average around 1000-1200 calories a day (as long as I stay the hell away from Dominos' Chicken Alfredo Bread Bowls, those things are killer on a diet but soooo tasty). I snack a lot but on healthy things.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cat
    replied
    Anything less than 1200 cals/day is not healthy long term. I was eating around 900 for a few weeks last year, and I started losing my hair. I'm better now

    ***end lecture***


    Of course, this week has been a complete feeding frenzy....with stress, a monthly friend, and cold wx urging me to eat. About 2000 cal a day and I haven't hit the gym...meh.....I'll be good next week

    Leave a comment:


  • Aethian
    replied
    Ummmmm Queen please tell me that the 600 is for your dinner....please.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X